GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Aftermarket exhausts for the 996 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is on a distinguished road
Aftermarket exhausts for the 996 GT3

I am considering putting the new GMG 996 GT3 exhaust on my new 3, but was wondering what else was out there. Anyone have YouTube links and approx pricing? Recommendations?

TIA

Old 11-05-2008, 01:30 PM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
Lots of info over on Rennlist, here,too, with a search. I have Cargraphics mufflers (only, stock headers and cats). You're going to get lots of OPINIONS. Best to hear them in person. YouTube, and any other web link aren't going to give you a true representation, IMO.

Old 11-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
Here is a dyno of my 996 GT3 with the 997 AWE exhaust on it. Wow does it sound killer. I am not sure if they make a system for the 996 rear though. Just put a center exhaust cup car bumper on it. Actually I don't know how to post a video can someone help? I can e-mail to you.

Last edited by Joeacc; 11-05-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:03 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Adrift
I am considering putting the new GMG 996 GT3 exhaust on my new 3, but was wondering what else was out there. Anyone have YouTube links and approx pricing? Recommendations?

TIA
I have GMG's homologated Cup system. I'll work on getting a good sound clip. The exhaust sounds phenomenal!

Old 11-05-2008, 10:05 PM
brady is on a distinguished road
Manthey all the way. A genuine ring/race proven design of the highest standard around.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:10 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by brady
Manthey all the way. A genuine ring/race proven design of the highest standard around.
What race proven design are you referring too? Where are you getting this information? Is the system they sell the same one they use on their race car?

If you're referring to the cross over center section, that's homologated from the Cup system and there are several system out there that employ the same design for much much less coin (eg. CG, Krei-sieg, Meisterschaft, etc)

Also IIRC, Olaf will not sell the exhaust alone, you have to buy the entire 410 kit which runs north of 16k. Good luck with that.

Adrift, GMG's system is race proven (Sofronas ran it on their earlier Cup cars), extremely light and it sounds incredible. Not to mention it cost less than most systems out there.

Last edited by CarNerd; 11-06-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by Joeacc
Here is a dyno of my 996 GT3 with the 997 AWE exhaust on it. Wow does it sound killer. I am not sure if they make a system for the 996 rear though. Just put a center exhaust cup car bumper on it. Actually I don't know how to post a video can someone help? I can e-mail to you.
You can upload it to youtube, photobucket, etc... If you can't figure out how to do that please email a clip. I'd like to hear it.

ctkihara@yahoo.com

TIA!

Old 11-06-2008, 12:43 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
There's also Europipe..

http://www.europipe.be/1024.html

Old 11-06-2008, 06:42 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
I had a full Milltek sytem on my car (Headers, high flow cats & mufflers) and it sounded great and picked up some nice HP.

Old 11-06-2008, 10:49 AM
brady is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CarNerd
What race proven design are you referring too? Where are you getting this information? Is the system they sell the same one they use on their race car?

If you're referring to the cross over center section, that's homologated from the Cup system and there are several system out there that employ the same design for much much less coin (eg. CG, Krei-sieg, Meisterschaft, etc)

Also IIRC, Olaf will not sell the exhaust alone, you have to buy the entire 410 kit which runs north of 16k. Good luck with that.

Adrift, GMG's system is race proven (Sofronas ran it on their earlier Cup cars), extremely light and it sounds incredible. Not to mention it cost less than most systems out there.
Ok Mr GMG! I mean that it comes from a proven race team and extensive development and experience. Yes it is expensive, but you get what you pay for. Fantastic customer support and top quality.

And 16k? Where did you get that from? Even at its worst the dollar wasnt that bad

Old 11-06-2008, 11:15 AM
TAndujar is on a distinguished road
Checkout the NHP exhaust of MaxSpeed. The owner, Nello, is very responsive. He is at SEMA this week and might take more time than ususal to get back to you.

Old 11-06-2008, 12:02 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TAndujar
Checkout the NHP exhaust of MaxSpeed. The owner, Nello, is very responsive. He is at SEMA this week and might take more time than ususal to get back to you.
Luquillo?!
Me have falta un bacalaito y una alcapurria.
Saludos!
Luis F.

Old 11-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by brady
Ok Mr GMG! I mean that it comes from a proven race team and extensive development and experience. Yes it is expensive, but you get what you pay for. Fantastic customer support and top quality.

And 16k? Where did you get that from? Even at its worst the dollar wasnt that bad
Mr. GMG. Nice

A small FYI, just because a product comes from a proven race team doenst mean the product is race proven (nothing against Manthey as I'm sure their products are top notch), but when you come out and say one product is better than another on the merit of being "race proven" you better have the data to back it up.

Last i checked the 410 kit was north of 8.5k Euros. That was from a friend who actually bought the kit. Do you happen to know what it currently cost?

Old 11-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Liv4SpdJr is on a distinguished road
Straight Pipes!!!

Old 11-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Former Vendor
RSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond reputeRSSmike has a reputation beyond repute
Cargraphic Exhaust Options for GT3 MK2

Check these options out before you take the plunge. These exhaust sytems won the Tuner GP in Germany 2 years in row, feature True Trimetal Kats and are TUV approved.

http://www.cargraphic.com/index.php?...,18,1494,1592/

Enjoy....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket exhausts for the 996 GT3