GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

RSR styled widebody 997 GT3 (lots of pics!)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 05:31 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by HKE46Boy
Q, where did you moved the cooling fan on the rear deck?
Into the same box with the old control arms, toe links, drop links, etc...

Yes, you're right. The cooling fan has been removed all together for this application.

Old 12-14-2008, 05:34 PM
BavarianAudi is just really niceBavarianAudi is just really niceBavarianAudi is just really niceBavarianAudi is just really nice
Gorgeous, glad u finally posted pictures of it.

-V

Old 12-14-2008, 05:42 PM
docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !docdan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dial 911
not bad. imo the car needs more aggressive wheels to match the body work.
Name:  f0a9f07b.jpg
Views: 3592
Size:  122.4 KB

Thanks for you comment. Wheels are definitely an individual taste. I happen to be a fan of HRE and have owned 2 other sets before. I think my 2nd set of wheels for this car will be the HRE C93 (photo below from my sold turbo)

Name:  GMGHRECups022.jpg
Views: 3546
Size:  50.6 KB

Old 12-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by TT Tommy
Nicely done
Originally Posted by JEllis
Nice
Originally Posted by Vandit
Personally, I think it's badass!
Originally Posted by BavarianAudi
Gorgeous, glad u finally posted pictures of it.

-V

Thanks for all the kind words, gentleman! Appreciate it.

Dan

Old 12-14-2008, 05:50 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Very impressive! And I love the Cayman too!

Old 12-14-2008, 05:54 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
Spectacular!

Old 12-14-2008, 05:58 PM
Mike_SHP has a spectacular aura aboutMike_SHP has a spectacular aura aboutMike_SHP has a spectacular aura about
Thats a hell of a car! I love everything about it

Old 12-14-2008, 06:05 PM
GTS-R is on a distinguished road
Nice looking car and congratulations on the purchase. It looks like the front spoiler is restyled to mate correctly with the front bumper. I know on my car, I scrape not infrequently and need to replace the spoiler every so often. What options do you have for replacement of that part as the stock spoiler will no longer fit?

Old 12-14-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by GTS-R
Nice looking car and congratulations on the purchase. It looks like the front spoiler is restyled to mate correctly with the front bumper. I know on my car, I scrape not infrequently and need to replace the spoiler every so often. What options do you have for replacement of that part as the stock spoiler will no longer fit?
GTS-R, Thanks for the compliments.

To answer your question:
I've owned several lowered sports cars in the past, including Porsches, that had low front spoilers..often integrated into an aftermarket front bumper, so this is no new issue for me.

Low speed scrapes on the underside are hard to see and can be repainted. A really hard smack that would split the front spoiler can also be expertly repaired and repainted. I've done this a few times with my previous cars.

If I were ever to do something big, such as have an off track excursion and tear off my front spoiler completely (which I have never done), well in that case I would just have the original shop that did the work in Charlotte, NC make me a new front spoiler. Easy as that.

Dan

Old 12-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Who fabricated that rear intake? That is just like the Carrera Cup cars.
The wing I understand but the lower half that must of been a custom job.
The car is absolutely gorgeous. Best of luck with it.

Ranger

Old 12-14-2008, 09:16 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by docdan
Indeed that is Blakt Out's own 997S! Good eye....I was just testing to see who would recognize it!

And yes, Hendrick's had this car listed on Ebay earlier this past year.
Between your's and Jared's car, I would say that these are two of the nicest modified cars.

Thanks for sharing your pictures, nice to see that the GT3 is well loved and tracked!

Old 12-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by GT3Ranger
Who fabricated that rear intake? That is just like the Carrera Cup cars.
The wing I understand but the lower half that must of been a custom job.
The car is absolutely gorgeous. Best of luck with it.

Ranger

First of all, thanks for the props. Secondly, you are correct...that intake is an actual Carrera Cup car intake. Installing the Cup intake was apparantly no big deal. The big deal involved relocating the stock MAF sensor to integrate with the CUP intake. That indeed was a custom job that was handled skillfully by Synergy Racing.

Here are a few more pictures for you to examine:

Name:  03019bf1.jpg
Views: 3559
Size:  133.0 KB

Name:  ef6fdf80.jpg
Views: 3583
Size:  133.4 KB

Name:  1a2213be.jpg
Views: 3590
Size:  79.1 KB

Dan

Old 12-14-2008, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
Between your's and Jared's car, I would say that these are two of the nicest modified cars.

Thanks for sharing your pictures, nice to see that the GT3 is well loved and tracked!

Anytime a car is mentioned that is in the same league as Jared's, that is an achievement! Appreciate it.

This car was definitely built to be tracked, and doing anything less would be the type of crime that would be punishable by a caning in Singapore!

Old 12-14-2008, 10:22 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Very sweet car! Thanks for sharing. Hmm, where have I seen that black car before?? Oh, I remember now, it was in my driveway.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:52 PM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Alot of work went into this beauty! Congratulations on acquiring it and hope you enjoy it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RSR styled widebody 997 GT3 (lots of pics!)