GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Porsche unveils facelifted 911 GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 09:22 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Can't wait to see other colors. Looks promising...

Old 01-29-2009, 09:51 AM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
I'm liking it! Great stuff.

Old 01-29-2009, 09:52 AM
KelvinC will become famous soon enough
I'd love to see this car with a centerlock version of the Champion 184, or 171

Old 01-29-2009, 10:10 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Finally 3.8L with the RS looks. This is some serious upgrades. The exhaust too quiet though.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:15 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
facelift is a serious understatement. Im no Porsche history expert but I dont recall when Porsche made such a radical change to an existing model within such a short timespan.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:21 AM
9fan64 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
looks good.....can't wait for an RS vesion.....

Old 01-29-2009, 04:43 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
facelift is a serious understatement. Im no Porsche history expert but I dont recall when Porsche made such a radical change to an existing model within such a short timespan.
996. This is nothing new.

996 MK1 GT3 (not available in USA) was based on the 1999 Carrera model. Then the MKII 996 GT3 (first GT3 in USA) was quite different - new wing, new headlights, new bumpers, new engine, etc etc... Just as dramatic as this upgrade.

I am not surprised at all. However, the timing is new - I would have expected a full 2008 run of the MKI 997 and this face lift to debut in 2010. But no complaints.

Looks GREAT in black, white, Nordic, or Malachite with the black wheels. Anybody notice it says 3.8L on the wing?

Just wondering why everyone is so happy with center-lock wheels? It's not like we change wheels that often, and now buying replacement wheels will be a b*tch.

Last edited by WyattH; 01-29-2009 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:52 PM
rmag will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by WyattH
Just wondering why everyone is so happy with center-lock wheels? It's not like we change wheels that often
Unless you take it to the track ..where your removing wheels at least once sometimes more a day

Old 01-29-2009, 05:08 PM
wantone is an unknown quantity at this point
Am I the only one that thinks the pre-facelift looks better?

1. Wheels looks like Scuderia knock offs.
2. The rear tail lights do not fit the lines to the rear wing and the rest of the car?
3. Rear wing: buy a real RS. Why must all GT3s want to emulate its over-hyped brother?
4. The front and rear looks like a bad Strosek kit, the signature front grille slits should never be painted...
5. The mesh grille in front should stay black and never silver...

Old 01-29-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by rmag
Unless you take it to the track ..where your removing wheels at least once sometimes more a day
But then, it will only save you a few minutes per swap. Willing to save that, for the hassle of finding a nice second set (which you obviously need now if you're swapping anyway). Kind of a paradox - those that will take advantage of the feature are going to have the most trouble finding new sets. I see you track, and many do, but I wonder how many owners actually track 3x/year +?

Wantone - I agree on almost all points, but in a slightly less cynical expression.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:44 PM
Haen has a spectacular aura aboutHaen has a spectacular aura aboutHaen has a spectacular aura about
As long as the new GT3 is better than the car it replaces, I could care less what it looks like. Function over fashion.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:45 PM
rmag will become famous soon enough
But then, it will only save you a few minutes per swap. Willing to save that, for the hassle of finding a nice second set (which you obviously need now if you're swapping anyway). Kind of a paradox - those that will take advantage of the feature are going to have the most trouble finding new sets.
Agree. It is cool, but then all my current sets of track wheels won't work Looks like I'll have two sets of wheels for sale in October and be buying two new sets

I see you track, and many do, but I wonder how many owners actually track 3x/year +?
Yea, I did over 40 days last year ...

Old 01-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Andrew D. is on a distinguished road
It looks like a great evolution.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:08 PM
>40 days, that kicks ***. Makes sense for junkies like you! I hope you find wheels you like with the new centerlock design. I'm sure Champion and Cargraphic will make them eventually. Not sure about HRE (Monoblock or Competition series), though. Cheers!

Old 01-29-2009, 07:59 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
love the new 997s!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche unveils facelifted 911 GT3