Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

On list for new 2010 997.2 GT3. Need advice please.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 07:12 PM
996toomey is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
Getting some work done as well?

I picked it up on friday. Got new seats and cage. It appears they added new pics to their site.
http://www.gmgracing.com/dave_gt3rs.shtml
(just scroll down to see pics of seats and cage)
Went with black cage, as green powder coat is not an exact color match.
Yes I was down there getting something checked. You are lucky to have such a fine shop in your backyard I am always making the trip down from Stevenson Ranch.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:09 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I think the used market is the way to go. You wont notice the technical differences between a 997.1GT3 and 997.2GT3 when you drive them, but your bank account will.

And its not like a 997.1GT3 is some sort of beater. Both are phenomenal cars, but if you can't tell the difference, whats the point of paying $20K more?

2 year old Z06s are 40% off their MSRP with near 0 miles. The GT3 is another near 0 mile car and you can definitely shave off 20% off the MSRP and you wont even have to suffer through the break-in period, or the waiting for the car to get off the boat, or the day or two it will take the dealer to prep the new one.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:53 AM
serpico is infamous around these parts
Thanks to all for the advice..quick comment to add..>

I know buying pre owned makes the most sense, but I really want to buy new or not at all. And since, I am keeping it for 7-10 years with about 4k miles per year, I am not worried about depreciation.

Again, we all know this is not an investment. I, as everyone should do, invest in stocks, bonds, funds, precious metals, so this is not the issue.

I guess it boils down to availabilty at MSRP. DO they only make 1500 of these GT3's for the USA? or thereabouts?

If so given the chance, I guess Im just asking if someone is lucky enough to get it at MSRP, should you pull the trigger if you can still lead your current lifestyle? Again, a life choice, but I am torn.

It would be a dream to own it and I do have a live life now attitude. But when I read about the economy, it seems grim to say the least.

Still torn, but wanted to add that pre-owned, although smarter just does not do it for me.

And since a 997 S doesnt do it for me and I would hate to wait another 2 or 3 years for a GT3 car, its either now or never so to speak...

Great forum and thanks again for the thoughts....

Old 02-17-2009, 10:05 AM
chardonet is infamous around these partschardonet is infamous around these parts
I have wanted a 911 ever since I was 12. I was able to fulfill that dream with a made-to-order GT-3. I could have been fine with a Carrera, but since the opportunity was there, I went for it. Yes, I paid a premium for it, but I also feel very fortunate that I was in a position to be able to finally own one. I have never looked back. Go for it!

Old 02-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Hey there all, I read the thread and can understand all the points to the discussion.
I'd like to say my '07 997 GT3 is for sale. Any interest please PM me.
I've had a recent thread describing the car. It has lots of goodies.

Thank you guys,
Ranger