GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

CGT paint to sample/interior to sample and new options

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 09:52 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by JASCLASS
I dont see how those prices make sense but I guess they feel they can price it that way being the car is $450k.
Justin, you cannot use 'make sense' when discussing Porsche and pricing in the same breath. You know that.

Old 10-11-2004, 10:03 AM
gt2next is on a distinguished road
who needs paint??? i would much prefer the enzo or cgt be left unpainted in raw carbon fiber, with some gold centered or all-flat-black bbs magnesium race rims and sticky track tires!! wonder if they would let you order it without paint??? just a clearcoat over the carbon fiber!

Old 10-11-2004, 05:23 PM
msindi is on a distinguished road
CGT has half the colored belts fo the TT/GT2 yet costs twice as much....clearly a ripoff!! Just cause MSRP is more should not mean the same opions are more two...
Then again, if you have people who are willing and happy to pay you can get away with it - Supply and Demand

Old 10-11-2004, 07:28 PM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is on a distinguished road
I sorry Porsche but here is my A$$ and you can kiss it.

Old 10-12-2004, 07:11 AM
Kev
Kev is on a distinguished road
Originally posted by Sloth
The same company that is doing the CF panels for the Enzo are also doing the CF panels for the CGT. Also remember that PAG is not doing the paint work on the panels, this is also being done by the mfg (same as the Enzo). There is also a lot more prep work involved in painting carbon fiber than there is sheet metal.
The name of that company is ATR. They also supply carbon fiber monocoques for a couple of Formula One teams, one of which is Ferrari.

Old 10-12-2004, 12:26 PM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is an unknown quantity at this point
No matter what color it's painted the prep is the same ..so the up charge is ridiculous. But, if you want something special then you'll want to pay a lot.

What's new?