GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Help, Do they make a GT3RS Sport Steering wheel in black

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, seeing their site, it I had to do it all over again, I would have sent my parts out to these folks rather than buying Porsche replacements. The exact color and style you want, w/o the waste of having two sets of interior parts. Which is what I hate about mods. You end up with lots of extra parts that you need to hold on to.
Thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by gomez
Thanks for the tip! I see some really good black examples!.

Like this one. Now that's black!

Old 04-26-2009, 01:16 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kscheible
Alcantara is almost bullet proof in my opinion. That material was in my race cars long before it was available in commercial cars and I never saw it wear....and we used the heck out of it. At the time i had no idea what the material was and how/where the mechanics got it. I just know that it felt nice!
Everything wears! The alcantara on the steering wheel, shifter, handbrake, and door pulls wear the worst. I think they make the carbon/alcantara shifter and the alcantara handbrake with the protective badge on it to prevent wear.

Don't get me wrong, it is great stuff. I want the new dash trim from the the new GT3.

Attached Images  
Old 04-26-2009, 02:51 PM
kscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these partskscheible is infamous around these parts
In the Subaru (see my profile picture) I had it on the gear lever, steering wheel and dash. I had ten 2-day races a year and numerous race days and I was flailing on the controls more that any street car would ever see...and it always looked new.

I have one small spot showing my seat in the GT3 where put my hand to push myself in and out of the car. 5 years and its just starting.

When I get my RS, I;ll take your word and not order the option then!

Old 04-26-2009, 03:48 PM
OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !OmahaGT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kscheible
When I get my RS, I;ll take your word and not order the option then!
Wicked Subaru! Awesome photo!

Alcantara wears, but is probably slower and less noticable than leather.

Upgrading to the carbon/alcantara shifter and the badged alcantara handbrake will prevent wear there.

I recommend all the alcantara though! The doors are especially nice.

Attached Images  
Old 05-16-2009, 03:51 PM
There's a 2010 Cayenne S Transsyberia at Woodhouse Porsche. Black on orange. It has an alcantara steering wheel with an orange 12:00 marker. The marker is soft rubber instead of alcantara like the 997.1 RS wheel.

Old 05-16-2009, 03:53 PM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by OmahaGT
There's a 2010 Cayenne S Transsyberia at Woodhouse Porsche. Black on orange. It has an alcantara steering wheel with an orange 12:00 marker. The marker is soft rubber instead of alcantara like the 997.1 RS wheel.
Any pics of said wheel?

Old 09-03-2009, 06:39 PM
s4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura abouts4play has a spectacular aura about
hey guys, this may be a stupid question but what is that yellow strip made of? Does Porsche use matching leather or is it just tape? Wouldn't it wear over time?

Old 09-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
On mine, which is the oem gt3rs wheel (I think) with the yellow stripe, it's also alcantara. Contiguous with the rest of the dark grey material. I tend to mostly drive straight, so don't get my hands on it very much (sorry, bit of a wise guy). But I've not seen any wear so far.

Originally Posted by s4play
hey guys, this may be a stupid question but what is that yellow strip made of? Does Porsche use matching leather or is it just tape? Wouldn't it wear over time?

Old 09-03-2009, 10:48 PM
sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !sparkhill Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gomez
Any pics of said wheel?
Our friends at Suncoast can order it, of course.
http://e-partssales.com/miva/merchan...y_Code=955NInt

Old 09-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ///MJFDDS
I want the same wheel. Group buy anyone? Suncoast?

I can help a little, not too much though. We have them priced pretty aggressively as-is. PM me if you're interested.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 09-04-2009, 07:07 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by s4play
On the factory wheel it's a piece of alcantara, and it's almost seamless. No tape, or anything funny like that.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:36 AM
camhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond reputecamhabib has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't the entire point of Alcantra to be an better wearing and more resilient alternative to naturals (i.e. leather and sueded)?

Old 01-13-2010, 12:18 AM
s4e
s4e is on a distinguished road
So is anyone up for a group buy? I would love the 2007 GT3RS Alcantera wheel...

I will call Suncoast if there is any interest.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:43 AM
Basic Sponsor
Let me know, happy to help.