GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

FVD “Brombacher” 997 GT3/RS/Cup/CupS NEW exhaust line!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 12:28 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
NorthVan,

Thanks for the kind words. The quiet version (TUV version) is a max of 93 decibels. If you need a lower dB we can create a custom set up for you.

I know you have a good sense of humor, when you say tracks are getting "sticky on sound levels"...as a German tuner I would respond we are very familiar with sticky on everything

Here is a guy trying to pass his lowered Opel with wheels in Germany, keep in mind this is for road use. You cannot imagine what the German's have to go thru for their modifications. Here is the video...

This person is trying to pass a few US modifications....

Thanks,
Rhonda
Thanks Rhonda, I hope we can talk in the spring (still need the GT3)

Old 10-11-2009, 01:02 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
I have the FVD exhaust on my TT and all I can say is WOW, the craftsmanship and "music" the system makes is truly incredible.......and Rhonda is awesome to work with.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
In regards to M&M...their main focus is manufacturing exhaust system's for race cars. Only a very small hand full of race teams in Germany and the U.S. have been privy to their products. Earlier this year we turned to them to manufacture our entire exhaust line for 911,964,993,996,997. In so doing, we have become the exclusive distributor of their product's here in the U.S. To have their systems on a street / track car in the U.S. is virtually unheard of until now. I really encourage every member that is in the market for a GT3 exhaust to sincerely consider these systems. I cannot impress upon you enough, take us up on this special offer now if you can. You will NOT be disappointed.

Here are a few race car's from the series that I mentioned in my original post...

The Mobil 1 Porsche Super Cup Champions for 2009, Konrad Motorsports...

Don't know about you guy's but I have been following Franz Konrad for years. You may remember the Saleen S7R that started in same livery as the above Cup Car, it ran in the ALMS around 2002-2005? Terry Borcheller was the shoe. Hat's off to Mr. Konrad, spectacular win this year in Super Cup. Bleekemolen had a real fight on his hands to beat Rast...

Here is a classic video from Valencia this year...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXb6p7vXdKY

Another team that M&M manufacture for is Land Motorsport that run in the VLN/BF Goodrich Series. Here is a picture of one of their latest RSR and Cup Car. Land Motorsport won the 24hr race in Dubai in 2009 in it's cup car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58fFoWzOIjM

Mühlner Motorsport run's a Cup S in the VLN/BF Goodrich Series...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe4QKpV8gIA

M&M don't just make system's for Porsche. They also make systems for Corvette & Ford GT. You may remember the Raeder Motorsport Fort GT that qualified first at the 24 hour of Nordeschliefe earlier this year. It also led until about hour 6 when it ran into a tire issue...M&M made their exhaust as well....

Here is the car in action, this is great footage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEGsFWAbXZk

There are so many race car's that I can be here all day so I will finish with my favorite...

I want to share some footage of the German Rally Championship. There are several Porsche’s in this series one of them in particular I would like to highlight. Team Prorallye's 996 GT3 of Olaf Dobberkau and Alexandra Konig is without a doubt a very well recognized car in the series. As some may know the Prorallye car run's M&M exhaust.

YouTube - best of porsche 2008

YouTube - Dobberkau/König - Rallye Vogelsberg 2009 - Porsche 911 GT3 RS

YouTube - Olaf Dobberkau/ König 1. DRM Sieg im Porsche 911GT3 Sachsen Rallye 2009

Thanks,
Rhonda

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Last edited by Rhonda@FVD; 10-12-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:04 PM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
Rhonda do you know what exhaust system the 996 GT3 has in the last video you posted? I have seen that video before and that car sounds incredible.

Old 10-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Banned
GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !GT3Ranger Is a GOD !
Gentlemen as I said before you must take notice of the FVD exhaust systems.
I have touted FVD since my headers for the 997 GT3 but it has seemed I've beaten my head flat against the wall.
Now working with M&M you can see the top quality (the best) header / exhaust systems you can achieve through FVD.
They will work with you to develop your exhaust.
M&M will design and test to make sure it makes power!!

Rhonda nicely posted multiple videos of top level teams for whom M&M makes headers / exhaust systems.
Do not consider anyone else until you checkout FVD.
I can not wait for my headers for the GT3RS.

Ranger

Old 10-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Joeacc
Rhonda do you know what exhaust system the 996 GT3 has in the last video you posted? I have seen that video before and that car sounds incredible.
It is this one and your right the car does sound incredible. It is the stainless 996 GT3 race system. I think it has to be one of the best sounding porsche's I have heard IMO...

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Last edited by Rhonda@FVD; 10-12-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
It looks like that system uses your 200 cell cats and some kind of muffler? I didn't see that system on your website, or those long race headers.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Premium Sponsor
Joeacc,

Your right we don't have that system listed for 996 GT3. We are currently adding to the 996 GT3 line up. We started with the 997TT, 997, 997 GT3, Cayman, etc. So we should have everything together in the next few weeks. I apologize but it take's us alot of time to put all the data together with pictures then design our software to work with all of these systems...

If you are interested in this system I would be happy to get you a price.

Turbofal,

Thanks! I love it too!

Thanks for everyone's feed back.

Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 10-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Premium Sponsor
OhmahaGT is installing his Titanium system today!! Stay posted for his update...

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 10-14-2009, 10:34 PM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
Finally!!!! I have been asking everyone who made the exhaust on that 996 ralley car.... Do you have a system for the 997.2 GT3 that sounds like that????

After I heard that I sent an email to the dealer and said if they can make a GT3 sound like that I would buy one... No one could tell me who made the exhaust so I get a GT3 anyway but if you have some tricks to make it sound like that I have to have it! Awesome stuff!

Old 10-15-2009, 02:52 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
Originally Posted by caltex
Finally!!!! I have been asking everyone who made the exhaust on that 996 ralley car.... Do you have a system for the 997.2 GT3 that sounds like that????

After I heard that I sent an email to the dealer and said if they can make a GT3 sound like that I would buy one... No one could tell me who made the exhaust so I get a GT3 anyway but if you have some tricks to make it sound like that I have to have it! Awesome stuff!
If you want to have a sound like that on a 997 GT3 then you should
use the 997 GT3 Cup straight pipes like in this clip :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DMZIvkqxBw

Or use the Europipe straight pipes , same thing really

Old 10-15-2009, 08:56 AM
Premium Sponsor
Caltex,

Let me check with M&M directly. If that is the sound you are looking for on the 997.2 GT3 we can do it. We have so many versions of the GT3 exhaust that we can give you exactly what you want! I will check and get back to you.

Thanks for your interest in us.

Dixie,

With all due respect, the 997 GT3 Cup straight pipe's from your video don't have the same low frequency or high frequency tonal quality that the Dobberkau 996 GT3 RS has. Just my opinion.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 10-15-2009, 09:15 AM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
Caltex,

Let me check with M&M directly. If that is the sound you are looking for on the 997.2 GT3 we can do it. We have so many versions of the GT3 exhaust that we can give you exactly what you want! I will check and get back to you.

Dixie,

With all due respect, the 997 GT3 Cup straight pipe's from your video don't have the same low frequency or high frequency tonal quality that the Dobberkau 996 GT3 RS has. Just my opinion.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Thanks! The sound at sec 30 is amazing... I want mine to rev like that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1EzEKwp6XQ

Old 10-15-2009, 11:21 AM
dixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to alldixie is a name known to all
Caltex,

Dixie,

Thanks,
Rhonda
I have heard both the Red Dobberkau 996 GT3 RS and a 997 GT3 RS with
straight pipes in real life so I do know what I'm talking about.

Old 10-15-2009, 08:02 PM
Premium Sponsor
Dixie,

No worries and I am jealous. Jealous because you have one of the best track's in the world in your backyard. Sound is subjective. Caltex likes the sound of the Dobberkau GT3 and I will try to accomodate his vision of what his GT3 should sound like. Since we are not as "lucky" as you to have these car's in our backyard's, we must simply judge by video. I am not questioning what you are talking about but what you like is perhap's what caltex doesn't...

Cheer's! If I am ever in Belgium again maybe we can sit down and have a Achel Brune Extra together and talk about our love of Porsche's.

Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FVD “Brombacher” 997 GT3/RS/Cup/CupS NEW exhaust line!!