GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Carrera GT Factory Trip!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2003, 08:02 AM
aracerx is on a distinguished road
Carrera GT Factory Trip!

Just returned from Leipzig, having had the opportunity to be invited through a group to do the introduction day for owners (so, so lucky) of the new Carrera GT.
The facility for owner delivery consists of a beautiful little race/test track, where we were able to drive GT2's, Turbo's, C4S's all day long, not to mention drives in the Carrera GT with factory test drivers. We were told that Walter Rohrl would be present, alas he was not. Driving with him would have been a treat for me, as I believe he is one of the best production drivers in history! You know, you never stop learning.
Ahh, the sounds of those ten cylinders barking like german shepherds was an awakening.
The track seems to have a little of many european venues; the bus stop of Spa inclusive. The weather was expected, about 60 and a little overcast. Didn't stop the tires getting warmed up during the day!
So, I plan to write an article for our local PCA magazine (the Porsche Post, here in NYC). If interested, I will post this article on my web site in the next few weeks. Having been in the business of Porsche and a paid driver all my life, it still was awesome for several reasons least of which was being there with my friends.
Will post my site www.formulamotorsports.com just as soon as I can write the article. drivecarreragttakechancehavefun-Mark