GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

PCCB to GT3 Cup steel rotors - bitter sweet conversion

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:52 PM
jimxyz is on a distinguished road
Great video - I think my wife would have thrown in the flag after that first spin during warm up. You've got a brave passenger!

Old 11-25-2009, 12:07 AM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SKXF430
nice write up and video. What kind of camera setup were you using?
It's a SONY HDR-HC7. It take great HD video but waaaay too heavy for track. This is why my video shakes at high speed

Time to switch to some light weight camcorder

Originally Posted by jimxyz
Great video - I think my wife would have thrown in the flag after that first spin during warm up. You've got a brave passenger!
lol

Wife was lucky that she was not with me when I spun. That would really scare her since she is driving in the Novice group. Not so lucky later in the day when I pick up speed as the track warm up. She got so sick .... had to sit out for the rest of the day

Old 11-26-2009, 12:47 AM
S4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really niceS4corrado996TT is just really nice
Thank you for sharing your hard work experience and great info!

Old 11-26-2009, 11:47 AM
JAMS is on a distinguished road
Wtf?

Old 11-26-2009, 01:13 PM
SKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud ofSKXF430 has much to be proud of
troll???

Old 11-26-2009, 11:55 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BigeNeargekal
This might not be the most righteous category for this query, but as weight loss ... All I do know is that a change is needed. And this alteration must happen now.
What the ....

OK, we can cancel federal funding of SETI and Jody Foster is right .... there is life outside of our universe and "it" has spoken to us on this forum as above

OK Biggecko, I am going to help you out with this weight loss issue. Forget Oprah or which ever crazy weight lost program you happen to come across at the pet store check out stand. None of them works. Let me share a secrete with you. After years of scientific research, the most effective way to lose weight is to eat less calorie than what you burn through basic metabolism and exercise .... or swapping out PCCB to steel rotors. The most drastic way to do this is through gastric by-pass where we staple your stomach to the size of a golf ball then your daily calories will drop to 900 and you will slim down faster than James Brown can sing "I feel good!". But why go through all the expensive and pain when you can do it with external gastric by-pass? All you need to do is eat 1/3 your normal portion everyday and soon you won't recognize the lean mean looking Gecko in the mirror.

Hope that answer some of your questions and hope you did not eat too much at Grandma's house for Thanksgiving

Dr. brown in the house

Old 11-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
I can share personal experience with weight loss which has proven to work for me.

Unfortunately I have had a bout with cancer so, this has been derailed due to treatment.

History: Avid cyclist riding around 4K miles a year starting in 1995. 5 11 and 225 lbs.

Started working with a trainer July of 08. Goal was to get to about 190 to 185.

It was a life style change. We did not focus on calories or consumption. While calories play major role, type of food and increased muscle causes you to burns more calories even during rest. Things that turn to sugars faster increased insulin which cased me to retain or add fat.

Plan was to start lifting weights 3 days a week. One hour and 30 total time including showering and 10 min. aerobics.

Eating changes focused on number of times and substance. Breakfast included 2/3 fruit and the rest in protein and one piece of high fiber bread.

Every meal included some sort of fruit or vegetable with protein and high fiber carb.

Reduced cheese and alcohol was maybe one glass of wine or a beer with dinner 3 days a week. Dinners out was eat whatever you want without feeling guilty maybe 3 to 4 times a month.

Most of my changes were to breakfast and food types and combinations. Cut consumption of candy to almost nothing.

Meals included breakfast, lunch, snack at about 2:30 to 3 and dinner about 7:3O to 8 start time. Cut out desert. Eating dinner earlier would be better, however work and family dictate this time for me.

Drank mostly water except on bike rides where I use sports drinks for electrolytes.

Met with trainer once a month and would evaluate and adjust weight workout.

Results:

Increased strength stamina and energy. Huge increase in energy after first 3 months and more of a tendency to remain mobil. (I have found that thin people rarely sit still while over weight tend to be more sedentary.) I was the latter. As a financial planner I spent most of my time on my but and could sit for 4 hours without getting out of chair.

My total food consumption reduce naturally as my desires for food changed due to life style change.

Increased in energy caused me to want to move more and I found that I did not want to sit still like I use to so much more time was spent mobil.

Weight loss averaged about 5 lbs per month, which was the goal, and weight as of May of 09 was 195.

Best change I ever made.

Cancer discovered May of 09. Middle lobe of right lung removed due to location of tumor; necessitated for discovery, followed by 6 cycles of chemo and radiation twice a day for 15 total days.

Finished last treatment on the 20th and my PET on Monday.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Hey Sloopy

My post about obesity management was a meant to be a farce in response to BigGecko's waaay off topic post. But thanks for sharing your weight loss strategy and wish you luck with your cancer treatment and hope your PET scan on Monday comes back clean

Old 11-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Sloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of lightSloopy is a glorious beacon of light
Agreed; lets stick to our passions.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:25 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Awesome write up.

+ rep for you.

Old 11-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Bara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant futureBara has a brilliant future
i thought it was interesting that they got better stoping distances from the heavier C2S with its smaller brakes than the PCCB'd GT3RS

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6458

in the infeneon video above, opposite lock a little earlier and some gas would have drifted you right out of that spin

Old 11-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by Bara
i thought it was interesting that they got better stoping distances from the heavier C2S with its smaller brakes than the PCCB'd GT3RS

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6458

in the infeneon video above, opposite lock a little earlier and some gas would have drifted you right out of that spin
Here is what road and track article said about the brakes:

"In brake tests, the GT3 RS actually needed a few feet longer to stop from 60 and 80 mph. This is perhaps due to the PCCBs not reaching their most effective operating temperature.

Of course, warming up the brakes is never a problem at Willow Springs. Right after Millen lapped the GT3 RS nearly 4 sec. quicker than the Carrera S, he noted: "The brakes are great. It got better as the laps went on." He is able to drive deeper than the Carrera S into the corners. The data showed that significant time was saved here in Turns 1, 2 and 3"

So it looks like the PCCB on the RS edge out the steel brakes on the 911S but looking at what Millen said about the need to warm up the PCCB - I wonder if the RS in the test was out fitted with the Pagid green P50 instead of the OEM pads

This reminded me of another article by car and driver where they pitted two 911 - one with PCCB and the other with steel brakes at the following link: http://www.caranddriver.com/features...ce_cars_page_4

Conclusion: "
The 911 with the PCCB system performed about the same as the other 911 and the Vette. The average stopping distances of the two 911s were within a foot of each other (305 feet), not surprising since both cars were wearing the same tires. The Corvette averaged 326 feet. The conclusion: PCCB buyers enjoy a 37-pound weight savings but not necessarily more robust brakes."

Here is the 100 to 0 mph panic stop distance chart from car and driver

The OEM steel brakes on Porsche are great and they will deliver awesome stopping power. Naturally more aggressive brake pads will enhance stopping power in either steel or PCCB.

Oh, the little slide shown in my Infineon video. Since I am no Ken Block and track is super cold and slippery with a-lot of very close walls, I will be safe and both feet down EARLY in an slide. I really want to bring my RS home in one piece

Old 11-29-2009, 03:04 AM
Ritesh will become famous soon enough
Great write up and Pics.

Just curious what car were you tracking before you bought the RS? I was just trying what made you decided to make the change.

Btw, I have decided to keep the PCCB's on my 3 since it isn't my "track car"

Old 11-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Ritesh
Great write up and Pics.

Just curious what car were you tracking before you bought the RS? I was just trying what made you decided to make the change.

Btw, I have decided to keep the PCCB's on my 3 since it isn't my "track car"
E46 M3 was my track car before the RS. PCCB will be just fine on the street and it will last you a long long time

Old 11-30-2009, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Nice pic by pic!

-Nathan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: PCCB to GT3 Cup steel rotors - bitter sweet conversion