GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Oakley Sequential Gear Shift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 03:07 PM
brim has a spectacular aura aboutbrim has a spectacular aura aboutbrim has a spectacular aura about
Do you still have the 2-3 shift stiffness on the gearbox? I am imagining you would since there is no change to the internals of the box, but curious to know.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:31 PM
DanH has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by brim
Do you still have the 2-3 shift stiffness on the gearbox? I am imagining you would since there is no change to the internals of the box, but curious to know.
It has servo assistance so all gears give the same feel as you just give it a decent shove. Reverse was the only one that could be a bit balky according to Oakley but it was fine when I drove the car.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:01 PM
///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute///MJFDDS has a reputation beyond repute
Can this be adapted to the 997 Carrera gearbox?

Old 02-24-2010, 08:56 PM
AZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to behold
Anyone use one of these in a race application and have alot of hours usage??

Old 02-24-2010, 08:59 PM
AZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to beholdAZ997TT is a splendid one to behold
Sorry GT3 Girl, just read your reply, can you PM your boyfriend so I can speak with him.
Thanks

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-03-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:49 AM
10GT3 will become famous soon enough10GT3 will become famous soon enough
gt3 girl

finally, someone with direct experience with the unit. i thought that i was the only one here and if you have followed similar threads, so many with opinions, but no experience. as you, i love this shifter and i would argue that use on the street is just as satisfying as track use.

as you, i would never go back. sure its pricey but worth every penny imho.

i have mine coupled with a tilton 7 1/4" dual disk super lightweight tarmac rally clutch/flywheel which makes the shifting even faster.

alan

Old 02-25-2010, 10:10 AM
hugo will become famous soon enoughhugo will become famous soon enough
I have the **** Technologie sequential in my ctr3 and it's great, robust and not that noisy as were previous ones,just the normal LFW associated whine

Old 02-26-2010, 09:44 PM
GT3 GIRL is on a distinguished road
10GT3 your not alone. We are using the same clutch and flywheel setup in our GT3 RS rally car. The only difference is we have a flow control device between the clutch and the master cylinder that regulates clutch take up. This is very useful in rallying, as we typically have to do 8-10 AGGRESSIVE starts per day when competing.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:00 PM
Md11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really niceMd11skipper is just really nice
Originally Posted by 10GT3
gt3 girl

finally, someone with direct experience with the unit. i thought that i was the only one here and if you have followed similar threads, so many with opinions, but no experience. as you, i love this shifter and i would argue that use on the street is just as satisfying as track use.

as you, i would never go back. sure its pricey but worth every penny imho.

i have mine coupled with a tilton 7 1/4" dual disk super lightweight tarmac rally clutch/flywheel which makes the shifting even faster.

alan
How drivable is your tilton clutch setup, is it very different driving off stop lights in comparison to the stock fly wheel - clutch setup??? Is this clutch setup a necessary change when you convert to this sequ. shifter?

Old 02-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
Amy will you be attending any upcoming Chin Events or PCA at Sebring?? i believe i saw your car late last year at Sebring.. Im interested in seeing the setup in person.. Thanks!!

Mike

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-03-2010 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:44 AM
Mike, I will most certainly be at Sebring March 27th, and May 8th. Not sure on the Chin dates yet. Have you made plans for an event yet? Let me know and I will be happy to show it to you.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:32 AM
First of all, it is ABSOULUTELY NOT necessary to change the clutch/flywheel to use the sequential shifter. I am using the stock factory set up in my GT3. We are using a Tilton twin plate Clutch and lightweight aluminum flywheel on the GT3 RS rally car, which is ideal for competition use.
In answer to your direct question about driving off from a stop light, yes the Tilton clutch setup is much more difficult to use, in street applications, but not impossible.

Old 02-27-2010, 02:24 PM
10GT3 will become famous soon enough10GT3 will become famous soon enough
i drive my gt3 with the tilton setup primarily on the street. it takes some getting used to but is very streetable. in the beginning, if you install one, be prepared to stall the engine at times until you get up to speed. the clutch only requires about a half inch release for full engagement. it would be very difficult to take off on a steep uphill grade from a stop however.

Old 02-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Amy will you be attending any upcoming Chin Events or PCA at Sebring?? i believe i saw your car late last year at Sebring.. Im interested in seeing the setup in person.. Thanks!!

Mike
Mike,
After checking my calendar, it looks like I will make the April 18th Chin event. I also plan to be at Sebring April 24th at a SAFE Motorsports event. If you have never been to one of their events, they are a good group to run with. 6 HOURS of open track time! Why don't you PM me and we will set up some time to let you try out the shifter.

Last edited by GT3 GIRL; 02-27-2010 at 05:37 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-28-2010, 06:47 AM
farry is on a distinguished road
Hello Everybody

I introduce myself. I'm from Barcelona, Spain.

I own a GT3RS 996, I'm interested to install this sequential gear shift.
I have the short group gearbox 8/32.
Do you know if this could be problem to install sequential gear shift?

Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Oakley Sequential Gear Shift