GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

battle of the supercars

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:56 AM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Alex
Congrats and The Kermit just screams with passion only a flat 6 can orchestrate!
Cheers
Robert

Old 07-25-2010, 07:40 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zmonsta
Zkermit's stance and wheels on it is just perfect in my opinion!

And really they make a blue Scud? Prob looked better in person, but on tv, it just didn't do it for me..
Thanks and the 430 is modded and has wheels frome the scud.
Originally Posted by robmd99
Alex
Congrats and The Kermit just screams with passion only a flat 6 can orchestrate!
Cheers
Robert
Cheers pal... I know we should have brought a car with some big hairdryers but...

Old 07-28-2010, 01:50 PM
sheim911rs has a spectacular aura aboutsheim911rs has a spectacular aura aboutsheim911rs has a spectacular aura about
fyi: replay tomorrow 7/29

looks like a replay is scheduled for tomorrow evening! I missed it's first run but have it set to record now!

Old 07-28-2010, 01:59 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sheim911rs
looks like a replay is scheduled for tomorrow evening! I missed it's first run but have it set to record now!
Cool I'm sure it'll be replayed a few times!

Old 07-28-2010, 04:57 PM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
The 3.9 ZKERMIT has to be my favorite NA Porsche ever...what a spactacular car..
Originally Posted by sharkster
Thanks and the 430 is modded and has wheels frome the scud.

Cheers pal... I know we should have brought a car with some big hairdryers but...

Old 07-29-2010, 09:17 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Alex, I caught the rerun...great work. I know the headers,exh,tune really wake up the 430 so your results were special.

And I have to say, the green is even growing on me

Old 07-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Alex, I caught the rerun...great work. I know the headers,exh,tune really wake up the 430 so your results were special.

And I have to say, the green is even growing on me
Thanks and yes that F430 beat down a 16M only a while earlier Green is always faster right Except when it's orange... or behind silver on the loop
Originally Posted by fdorn
The 3.9 ZKERMIT has to be my favorite NA Porsche ever...what a spactacular car..
Thanks fdorn! I say this every time but she's retired now... No more adventures! Just going to live a healthy life at the shop and home with a lot of miles in between

Old 07-29-2010, 02:16 PM
HRTC is on a distinguished road
Where can I go to see the full episode? I don't have cable.

Thanks

Old 07-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by HRTC
Where can I go to see the full episode? I don't have cable.

Thanks
I'm assuming there's torrent

Old 07-29-2010, 05:27 PM
HRTC is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by sharkster
I'm assuming there's torrent
As did I. Couldn't find any on my usual sites. I assume it will be on youtube or vimo soon.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally Posted by HRTC
As did I. Couldn't find any on my usual sites. I assume it will be on youtube or vimo soon.
Yeah I would think so.. it's on again tonight I think too..

Old 08-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Don't know if you caught today's episode but looks like our lil' motor is quicker than the Viper SRT-10 in the mile and only 3mph slower than the ZR1

Old 08-05-2010, 08:24 PM
th3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of light
^ just watched it. That Viper got out the hole better but once the Vette shifted 5th it was still all power...

and yes sharkster, you all do the best P-car modifications out there.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:33 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
I was shocked to the see the Viper so as well as it did. My assumption was that the ZR-1 would far better in EVERY test. Obviously, I was wrong. As far as the price tag, and purpose of the car (status, etc...), I think it would've been better to place the Viper ACR (non-X) with the ZR-1. Best with the best.

I think Paul Tracy did a PHENOMINAL job launching that Viper (without traction control) better than the launch control equipped ZR-1. Also - I think the end race was staged, with the pass by Tracy that sealed the deal, because it looked like the pass between Massa and Alonso a couple weeks back. I think Tanner tried to sell it on the last corner, by backing off early (to avoid contact of someone else's car).

But the results were close on almost every test. This show is proving to be quite entertaining. We still need a constant test:

0-100 time
100-0 distance (I know they do this combined - but separated shows two distinct features of the car)
1/4 drag race
perhaps a slalom (or auto-x setup)
and a constant race track (like Top Gear uses - either a private track, or same track rental each episode)

This would build up a HUGE database of constant results.

Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to run the 1/4 mile, and then have the drivers switch and repeat the results. Just throwing it out there.

(I have no idea if this is off-topic - I saw the title and thought it was relevant somehow)

Old 08-06-2010, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by th3Stig
^ just watched it. That Viper got out the hole better but once the Vette shifted 5th it was still all power...

and yes sharkster, you all do the best P-car modifications out there.
hehe thanks man... I was pretty stoked to see that Kermit is quicker in the mile than the SRT-10 and only a couple behind the ZR1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: battle of the supercars