GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Forged Performance - Porsche 996 GT3 Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 02:45 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
Enjoyed reading about the transformation of your GT3! Looking forward to more progress reports.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by deputydog95
If MSRP is $2k, what can depdog expect to pay for a 997 diff?
Because of the weak US Dollar, most of the Japanese companies took their prices up on Jan 1, which is Why I was hedging. With the new increase, we sell them for $1950 including shipping.

Old 01-04-2011, 04:51 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
How does it compare to the guard lsd?

Old 01-07-2011, 10:43 AM
Rev_2_8k is on a distinguished road
Forged-- Man that GT3 is looking and sounding mean... just more fuel for my fire to get one this summer

Old 01-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud ofSales@Forged has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by deputydog95
How does it compare to the guard lsd?
I havent sampled the Guard unit yet. The guard unit is a rebuilt and modified OEM LSD, whereas the OSG is a completely new case and internals. The OSG has more plates, and a very smooth 100% lock. I know many people are using the Guard and are very happy with it.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:15 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Rev_2_8k
Forged-- Man that GT3 is looking and sounding mean... just more fuel for my fire to get one this summer
Thanks buddy...always here to help!

Old 01-08-2011, 09:35 AM
Mvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura aboutMvez has a spectacular aura about
1000lbs front and rear, interesting. I assume you dial in a pretty good amount of front camber to rid understeer? From the video (great hands BTW), seems fairly neutral.

Just trying to gain some knowledge on track setup for GT3's.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:14 PM
wapita is a jewel in the roughwapita is a jewel in the roughwapita is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Sales@Forged
[B]The Gopro video is almost loaded.

Check out the sound of the Porsche doing flyby at Road Atlanta. Gotta love those pipes from Fabspeed!

Too bad they don't pass sound at laguna

Old 01-08-2011, 06:17 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Just caught this post. Great read. How would you compare the GT3 experience to your GTR now that you have gone some way down developing the GT3 Sharif?

I own a 997 mk1 RS and an Evo (both used heavily for the track) and am toying with the idea of either spending bucks modifying the RS (its bone stock save for Hoosier R6s and 18 inch OZ Superallegerita when at the track) with suspension/diff etc or changing out the Evo for a GTR and would be interested in your views on the drive experience of the two cars.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Mvez
1000lbs front and rear, interesting. I assume you dial in a pretty good amount of front camber to rid understeer? From the video (great hands BTW), seems fairly neutral.

Just trying to gain some knowledge on track setup for GT3's.
front camber is -3.6.. I find the square setup results in oustanding braking manners, trail breaking, and corner entry. It does make the car a little bit nervous, but it's fast.

Originally Posted by wapita
Too bad they don't pass sound at laguna
I hear you on that. And I thought the 102db limit was draconian over on the east coast.

Originally Posted by Harold
Just caught this post. Great read. How would you compare the GT3 experience to your GTR now that you have gone some way down developing the GT3 Sharif?

Sharif

I own a 997 mk1 RS and an Evo (both used heavily for the track) and am toying with the idea of either spending bucks modifying the RS (its bone stock save for Hoosier R6s and 18 inch OZ Superallegerita when at the track) with suspension/diff etc or changing out the Evo for a GTR and would be interested in your views on the drive experience of the two cars.
Hi Harold. The GT-R and GT3 are polar opposites, and it's a fun comparison to hop into one car and turn some fast laps, and then immediately hop into the other car. The GT-R is a short term weapon of mass destruction. It's deathly fast and operates with surgical precision but only for a few hot laps before it's spent (cooling system can't keep up). Rarely do we find cars on track, that will be faster than a well prepared modified GT-R driven at 10/10ths. The GT3 is a much more involved car, and requires intense laser focus and your full attention. One lapse in concentration, or slight delay with your inputs and the car will try to kill you. The car isn't as fast as the GT-R but it's consistent from the first lap to the last. It requires a different style of driving. I can brake stupidly late with the GT3 and just stand the car on it's nose and turn in. IMHO, no car trail brakes better than a well setup GT3. Since it's lacking in power, compared to the GT-R you have to take maximum advantage of mid corner speed, and early power application. With the GT-R, I can stand on the right pedal the car just goes without much drama. GT-R and GT3: I can't think of two better track vehicles.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor
No more rubber bushings!

Hey guys,

There is finally an update on the Forged Performance GT3. We will be ridding the GT3 of all the sloppy rubber bushings and replacing them with nice, beefy heim/monoball style bushings! We will be using new rear upper control arm links, tension links, and all replaceable bushings on the front and rear control arms. A big thanks goes out to the guys at Tarett Engineering for getting these out to us. These products are of top notch quality for sure, and we are just itching to get them put on and get out to the track!

More updates to follow after installation guys! Stay tuned!

Thanks for looking,
Zach

Old 03-29-2011, 08:10 AM
roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !
Very nice! Look forward to seeing you guys at Road Atlanta in June.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:07 PM
DT007 is on a distinguished road
I suppose this means you are going to be faster than me...

I may need a new LSD soon

Old 12-18-2011, 07:49 PM
carfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura aboutcarfan has a spectacular aura about
Reviving this thread, as I just read it and find it full of interesting info and great work !

Old 12-19-2011, 02:05 AM
Erik G will become famous soon enough
Nice job guys!