GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 MK2 or 2006 Gallardo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 04:42 PM
Banned
08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of
I too live in L.A., and I wouldnt want EITHER of them as a daily driver.. As a second car no doubt the Lambo anyday of the week. In regards to comfort it is far more comfy to drive than my 997TT, but the 997 is better suited to drive daily due to the lack of public drama. I would never do a 6 speed in this city for daily use.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Banned
08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of08Turbotip has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 10GT3
just wondering, does the lambo come with complimentary gold chains and earrings?

sorry, but that is my take on the lambo crowd i have seen. weekend garage queens vs a truly stout performance car like the gt3 or any porsche.

i too look, but would never touch.
Well, most of the Porsche guys I see around L.A. are in Loafers with their sweaters hung around their necks.... personally Id prefer the gold chains and earings....

Old 08-25-2010, 04:57 PM
webster132 is on a distinguished road
The 2006 Gallardo is an awesome car. Unless you're going to track a bunch, I'd pick the Lamborghini. Significantly more drama and style. The stock exhaust is rocking too. Best value exotic right now.

The cars are also extremely solid. Very little to worry about regarding maintenance. I've had more issues with my Porsches than with my Gallardos.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:35 PM
FCO
FCO is on a distinguished road
Get both. I did!

GT3RS is at the dealer waiting for me to pick it up.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:03 PM
997guardian will become famous soon enough
Thanks for all the input, guys.
Went and saw a G--the exact color combo (metallic blue ext, beige and blue int) I wanted with only 6,500 miles. And the best parts--6 speed manual and local in LA.
Drove great; clutch is like butter compared to the 997S. Sounds awesome and looks amazing. Needless to say, I drove home in it.

Unfortunately, no complimentary gold chain or earrings.

If things go well I'm sure I'll be back in a Porsche someday again but for now it's Lambo time.

Attached Images  
Old 08-29-2010, 01:10 PM
GT3Fan29 is on a distinguished road
Congrats on your new Lambo! It looks beautiful.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:51 PM
jakegt3 is on a distinguished road
Congrats on a beautiful machine. The most important thing is that you're happy with it. Enjoy!

Old 08-30-2010, 12:08 AM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
Very Nice! Enjoy the Lambo and when your ready to listen to this music again come on back home....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F3lhZNZxGg

Old 08-30-2010, 12:33 AM
Thanks. Great music. Did girls actually scream when you drove by and revved? Haha nice.
On the freeway today there was a guy in an S2000 with the top down and with his hot gf. I didn't notice them until he tried to play--but I was checking her out. She kept staring at me with a naughty sexy look like she didn't care if her bf was sitting right there. Never got that in my 997S. I think I won't mind changing music for a little while.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:49 AM
StreetSpeed will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 997guardian
Thanks. Great music. Did girls actually scream when you drove by and revved? Haha nice.
On the freeway today there was a guy in an S2000 with the top down and with his hot gf. I didn't notice them until he tried to play--but I was checking her out. She kept staring at me with a naughty sexy look like she didn't care if her bf was sitting right there. Never got that in my 997S. I think I won't mind changing music for a little while.
I was gonna say, a married guy, with a Gallardo, in LA, might find himself getting into trouble...

Old 08-30-2010, 09:50 AM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all

Ya it was a group of girls walking down the sidewalk... That is the second time I have done that... Just as funny as the first time....

You should get a lot of love in that Lambo, That is what it is made for...997s is nice however does not have the areo styling of the GT3 or the sound so it holds it own as well.... Have fun!

Old 08-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
That story put a huge smile on my face for some reason. I'm going to go "hot girl with with boyfriend" hunting in the 3 now. Congrats on the new ride!

Old 08-31-2010, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by caltex
997s is nice however does not have the areo styling of the GT3 or the sound so it holds it own as well.... Have fun!
Agreed. Which was why I was an inch away from closing a deal on a GT3 MK2 until the lame dealer realized they quoted me $5K below what they could actually sell it for.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:01 AM
Originally Posted by Misanors4
That story put a huge smile on my face for some reason. I'm going to go "hot girl with with boyfriend" hunting in the 3 now. Congrats on the new ride!
That and hunting for a group of girls to rev on to make them scream like caltex are now on the to do list.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:07 AM
Originally Posted by StreetSpeed
I was gonna say, a married guy, with a Gallardo, in LA, might find himself getting into trouble...
Let's hope not! Cali divorce laws are a biotch.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 MK2 or 2006 Gallardo