GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Veterans day @ Thunderhill

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 08:10 PM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 24Chromium
And here I am chasing the same van Overbeek car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brau3hHJ93Q

Something tells me Johannes wasn't driving it this session!

Not sure if that was Johannes driving...sure he wasn’t coaching the owner. That’s a brand new JWE Spec 911, its only been on track 3 or 4 times since completion.

Nonetheless, great video it really shows the speed and makes you feel like you are in the car. I’ve done some follow-the-leaders with PCR Spec 911 guys...those things are fast...momentum, momentum, momentum...you did a smoother job than I. I had a hard time carrying the same corner speed, then would have to accelerate hard on the exits to hang, therefore having to brake even harder for the next turn, thus kind of yo-yoing behind them. Good fun and makes you realize the difference between a track car with lower HP and a high HP street car.

Whoever was driving, the turn one entry speed was awesome!

Last edited by VID997; 11-15-2010 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:45 PM
mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !mikymu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by medpilot105
As a (hopefully) future GT3 owner it was awesome watching you guys out there. Great sounding and beautiful cars everywhere! I made sure that when I did get a chance to run a few laps in the Advanced Group that I let anything by that had a wing or was green. I was hoping to have more time to socialize with everyone but I was helping a friend out in the Novice/Intermediate group. Next year I'll be sure to pick your brains on the fastest way around T-Hill. It was great meeting you again and thanks for the heads up on this event. Worth every penny!
LOL

I could see you in a GT3 Harry. Hope to see you on the track again in near future ... I will post future track days on the forum for those interested to join the "GT3 challenge"

Originally Posted by VID997
Not sure if that was Johannes driving...sure he wasn’t coaching the owner. That’s a brand new JWE Spec 911, its only been on track 3 or 4 times since completion.

Nonetheless, great video it really shows the speed and makes you feel like you are in the car. I’ve done some follow-the-leaders with PCR Spec 911 guys...those things are fast...momentum, momentum, momentum...you did a smoother job than I. I had a hard time carrying the same corner speed, then would have to accelerate hard on the exits to hang, therefore having to brake even harder for the next turn, thus kind of yo-yoing behind them. Good fun and makes you realize the difference between a track car with lower HP and a high HP street car.

Whoever was driving, the turn one entry speed was awesome!
Yes, that spec 911 was fast. I don't like to follow other too close to give eveyone some room and he just took off on me when I hang back. That's the benefit of having a 2300 lbs cars that you don't care to trade paint.