GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

do any 'quiet' track brake pads exist?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2011, 11:48 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
do any 'quiet' track brake pads exist?

Hi,

i just replaced front rotors as old ones were shot and hoped that with brand new rotors RS29 pads will be less loud after initial bedding, well, no way hose, same old broken bus kind of squeak at every stop when they cold. I am kinda tired of it and of swapping out pads on a track from stock to pagids and back, plus after those swaps even stock pads start to squeak.

Is there any alternative pads compound similar to RS19 or RS29 pagids that does not squeak so bad? Are there any pads with OEM GT3 compound that will fit stock C2 997 calipers? Are there any other solutions/brands?

thanks, paul.

Old 03-03-2011, 12:52 PM
FTS
FTS is on a distinguished road
I cannot compare it to RS29s, never used them, but my Hawk HT-10s were not school-bus-loud, although they were noisy, they were bearable. I am going to try Carbotech XP-10s next and see how they are from the performance, dust, noise perspectives.

Old 03-03-2011, 01:36 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
I've never been happy with any track pad on the street. I just change pads when I change to r comps anyway. PITA, but oh well...