GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

R.I.P. Ryan Dunn from Jackass

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 03:46 AM
d0rable is on a distinguished road
No pity here either. RIP? You have to be kidding.

Only sad thing about this is that a perfectly good GT3 lost it's life to a JACKASS that didn't know how to drive for **** and used this car as a status symbol, and that an innocent passenger lost their life. He lived his life on the edge and payed the price with his life.

I feel sorry for his passenger, whom ever that may end up being. They'll have to gather bits of tooth and bone to identify the body.

Those that idolize people like this need a reality check. Oh, and he bought his wheels from VIVID racing. How apt.
Couldn't agree more

Old 06-21-2011, 04:32 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
I can't believe how unsympathetic some people are. I wholeheartedly agree, it was completely irresponsible to drink and drive and I am 150% against it. Even if he wasn't legally drunk, just like the commercials say...buzzed driving IS drunk driving. He never should have been behind the wheel of a car and the fact that he took someone elses life along with his is unforgivable. But people here are making holier than thou statements. Maybe we should remember who said what in threads like this. It's not even just a possibility, but reality is that one of us here on this 6speed forum will die in an automobile related accident. It happened to Ben, it happened to Alex. These two people knew what they were doing and they lived on the edge just as Ryan Dunn did (albeit, in a different sort of way). Most of us who post on this forum enjoy our cars more than just going the speed limit from light to light. One of us will die because we were doing something that maybe we shouldn't have. When that happens, it may be one of you who are not showing ANY respect to Ryan and his family. When you die, should we save all these posts and then quote you in your own RIP thread? It's a sad truth, but when you're involved in performance cars like we all are, we're going to see some friends, family or associates pass due to an error in judgement. Those of you who ride motorcycles and/or post on motorcycle forums know all too well. I'm completely against what Ryan was doing which took not only his, but another person's life. But we still should show some respect, if not for him, but for his family and friends. He and his crew appealed mostly to the younger generation. One that feels a sense of entitlement to the world and that Life has no consequence. Hopefully they can take this as a lesson learned that we are all mortal and can be gone in a moments notice. Every generation has a few of these moments. For my parents, it was JFK, Dr. Martin Luther King and John Lennon. For me, it was River Phoenix and Kurt Cobain, but our next generation hasn't really been faced with the death of popular personality yet. Hopefully this serves notice and his and his passenger's death don't go in vain.

Personally he provided many laughs to me over the years. I know his sort of humor was not for everybody, but then again, neither is a fine Burgundy wine. RIP Ryan Dunn, you will be missed.

Old 06-21-2011, 05:38 AM
robsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond repute
You dare to compare JFK, MLK, and John Lennon to Cobain and Phoenix? Great sympathy for the true gentlemen.....ZERO for the two that took their own lives. I would have a sense of sympathy if Dunn was stricken with cancer or a brain tumor or something he had no control over. But respect? Hell no. Respect is earned. It's not a given or an entitlement. He did nothing to earn my respect.
He only killed one person.....if he had killed a few more innocent people along the road before he crashed, would you still feel sympathy for him?

I have sympathy and huge respect for Clarence Clemmons who just passed away from a stroke. He was a loving, caring and giving person who contributed to life.

Old 06-21-2011, 06:21 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by robsled
You dare to compare JFK, MLK, and John Lennon to Cobain and Phoenix? Great sympathy for the true gentlemen.....ZERO for the two that took their own lives. I would have a sense of sympathy if Dunn was stricken with cancer or a brain tumor or something he had no control over. But respect? Hell no. Respect is earned. It's not a given or an entitlement. He did nothing to earn my respect.
He only killed one person.....if he had killed a few more innocent people along the road before he crashed, would you still feel sympathy for him?

I have sympathy and huge respect for Clarence Clemmons who just passed away from a stroke. He was a loving, caring and giving person who contributed to life.
You clearly failed to understand the point I was making. These were all polarizing figures, period. Regardless of whether or not you respect the individual, their families didn't make the choice to get behind the wheel. Dunn's friends and loved ones will sorely miss him. You don't have to respect the person, however you should be somewhat compassionate to their loved ones, friends and admirers. If you don't, that clearly speaks volumes as to the type of person YOU are. When/if you die in an accident because you choose to break the law in your car and we all find out that it's 6speed member Robsled, maybe we should also remember to post how insensitive and pompous you were. How since you were breaking the law, you pretty much got what was coming to you, because clearly the world could do without you. Oh and when you're dead and your family goes online to see the venerable threads about your accident, they should definitely be reminded of why you deserved to die too, right? Get a life, a heart, maybe find a soul in that self rightious black hole of yours.

Regarding Cobain, you clearly don't understand depression and how debilitating it can be. Phoenix, I'd hardly say he chose to die on a sidewalk in front of the Viper Room. Poor choices sure. Lennon did drugs as well. That could have just as easily been him. Ever hear of the legend Jimmy Hendrix or perhaps Jim Morrison? EVERYONE makes mistakes and irresponsible choices at some point in their lives. Some just get lucky and never suffer any consequences for it, while others end up in a news story. Dunn wasn't any more irresponsible than some guy who left a dusty dive bar in the middle of Nebraska in his F150, picked up his daughter from her friends house, drove home, went to bed and fell asleep next to his wife with their dog at the end of the bed. Or the Gentleman who drives home with his wife in their S550 after attending a ****tail party. Only difference is one had an accident and died while the other two made it home and lives to see another day while escaping a fate they may have never known. All of these scenarios are equally irresponsible.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:04 AM
robsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond repute
This is a discussion forum. Different people state their individual different opinions. Understand? You were the one that came on and passed judgement on other people's opinions.
Not that I care what YOU think of ME. But I happen to be a very compassionate person that genuinely cares about people. You don't know me and what I've done in my life, and I don't feel the need to enlighten you with my life history.
Our current society that celebrates mediocrity and so-called "celebrities" that gain fame by inserting toy cars up their rectum leaves me unfeeling in many ways.
I've had family members and close friends lose their lives because of drunk idiots behind the wheel. Don't preach to me. I have the right to feel the way I feel.
Re-read your post......who's the holier-than-thou?

Last edited by robsled; 06-21-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:54 AM
YoopsRacing will become famous soon enough
wow sad news, he was just on "Minute to Win it" Sat night with Steve O trying to win some money for charity...Sad.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:56 AM
cjaz is on a distinguished road
It's so crazy that everyone thinks they know the circumstances because the see a picture or heard 7th hand what a bartender said. NO one knows if he was drunk. Maybe someone does, but definitely no one that chipped in their two cents on this forum. Let's just say he had 3 beers and 3 shots. Well you know what, if he was there for over 3 hours, he would have likely had a BAC safely under .08. That would have made him legal to drive. I can't stand when people judge others especially when they CLEARLY don't have any facts. Not to mention how many "facts" change when more becomes known? We may find out that Dunn wasn't even the driver, who knows. So for all you people that think you know why he crashed, guess what? You don't know. You weren't there. You don't know if he had 1/2 a beer or 40 beers. Do everyone a favor and keep that in mind.

Chris

Old 06-21-2011, 09:07 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjaz
It's so crazy that everyone thinks they know the circumstances because the see a picture or heard 7th hand what a bartender said. NO one knows if he was drunk. Maybe someone does, but definitely no one that chipped in their two cents on this forum. Let's just say he had 3 beers and 3 shots. Well you know what, if he was there for over 3 hours, he would have likely had a BAC safely under .08. That would have made him legal to drive. I can't stand when people judge others especially when they CLEARLY don't have any facts. Not to mention how many "facts" change when more becomes known? We may find out that Dunn wasn't even the driver, who knows. So for all you people that think you know why he crashed, guess what? You don't know. You weren't there. You don't know if he had 1/2 a beer or 40 beers. Do everyone a favor and keep that in mind.

Chris
I look at the damage to the vehicle, go back to high school physics to ask how fast a car must be traveling on public roads to sustain that type of damage. Then I say a prayer to the powers that be that no other pedestrians or drivers were injured.

Last edited by bbywu; 06-21-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:08 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
You clearly failed to understand the point I was making. These were all polarizing figures, period. Regardless of whether or not you respect the individual, their families didn't make the choice to get behind the wheel. Dunn's friends and loved ones will sorely miss him. You don't have to respect the person, however you should be somewhat compassionate to their loved ones, friends and admirers. If you don't, that clearly speaks volumes as to the type of person YOU are. When/if you die in an accident because you choose to break the law in your car and we all find out that it's 6speed member Robsled, maybe we should also remember to post how insensitive and pompous you were. How since you were breaking the law, you pretty much got what was coming to you, because clearly the world could do without you. Oh and when you're dead and your family goes online to see the venerable threads about your accident, they should definitely be reminded of why you deserved to die too, right? Get a life, a heart, maybe find a soul in that self rightious black hole of yours.
We can all have an opinion without redirecting it directly toward others...can't we keep it civil?

Old 06-21-2011, 09:39 AM
cjaz is on a distinguished road
It's hard to say how much damage was from the fire and how much from the crash. Maybe someone with a high school physics book could tell us. Let's say he was going too fast, but not legally intoxicated. Does that make him less demonized on this and every other forum? When it comes to driving a little too fast I know i wouldn't throw stones, especially from my glass house. We still don't know the circumstances of how and why it happened. Also, I don't drive on that road very frequently but i'm don't think that's a road that you will find pedestians on, let alone at 2:30 in the morning.

One article says he was at Barnaby's from 10:30 to 2:10, if he walked in there sober and only had 6 six drinks he was legal to drive. I'm only saying that calling him drunk at the time just might not be the layup everyone makes it out to be. Why don't we wait for the autopsy.

chris

Old 06-21-2011, 09:53 AM
Dstretch33 is on a distinguished road
This was an unfortunate accident. It sucks how he went out. RIP.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:24 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
It's hard to say how much damage was from the fire and how much from the crash. Maybe someone with a high school physics book could tell us. Let's say he was going too fast, but not legally intoxicated. Does that make him less demonized on this and every other forum? When it comes to driving a little too fast I know i wouldn't throw stones, especially from my glass house. We still don't know the circumstances of how and why it happened. Also, I don't drive on that road very frequently but i'm don't think that's a road that you will find pedestians on, let alone at 2:30 in the morning.

One article says he was at Barnaby's from 10:30 to 2:10, if he walked in there sober and only had 6 six drinks he was legal to drive. I'm only saying that calling him drunk at the time just might not be the layup everyone makes it out to be. Why don't we wait for the autopsy.

chris
EXTREMELY unfortunate accident and may he rest in peace.

It is true, no one can know if he was "legally" drunk or not. Everyone is different. I know people that shouldn't drive after 2 drinks... and others that "seem" to be just fine. I for one being an ex-alcoholic am very grateful that I never hurt myself or anyone else for the many times I drove after drinking (regardless of whether I was legally drunk or not). I can say that despite any legal BAC limits, that even a little alcohol would affect my judgement. I hope he will be remembered for his talents. We can all learn from each others mistakes.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:25 AM
RaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the roughRaminGTI20 is a jewel in the rough
He was a car guy too....

and his GT3

Old 06-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all

chris
No, if he had five of his six drinks in the last hour, he is not legal to drive. I'm just saying.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:36 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
If you did not know him, I would not judge him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: R.I.P. Ryan Dunn from Jackass