GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Power Porsche Newport Beach, any info?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 03:24 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
Power Porsche Newport Beach, any info?

Looking to have my 11.5 RS 4.0L "Courtesy Delivered" to this dealer in Newport from my selling dealer on the East Coast so I can get some work done on the west coast and maybe drive it up the PCH to the Rennsport Reunion IV, what is there reputation? I am not a big fan of getting cars delivered and not being there when it arrives, but this delivery would save me thousands in transportation cost shipping it from the east coast or the south for that matter. I just want the minimum PDI done, no joy rides, no monkey business. I may have someone there when it arrives, but I have not don any business with this dealer in the past.

Any reviews, comments, or persons of contact would be a big help. Again, the car will be paid for in advance, this is just a delivery and PDI. My local dealer charges $399.00 for PDI and have seen others charge $500.00 or so. I would be expecting something similar.

Thanks for the help.

-Troy

Old 07-14-2011, 03:49 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
don't want to scare you on the delivery thing for new cars ... BUT one of the guys in our area took delivery of his panamera and noticed a cluncking for miles and miles and months after he picked his car up...took it back to the dealer said it's ok...same thing...more time goes by he takes it to another dealer and they realize the shipping spring clamps are STILL ON THE CAR ... the suspension had been damaged as a result... Porsche was forced to buy the car back from the guy...

be careful.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:21 PM
Glock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to beholdGlock Guru is a splendid one to behold
WOW!!! That's scary. The car will be driven less than 10 miles from dealer to shop.

Old 07-14-2011, 04:23 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
I know those guys down there very well.

Happy to help!

Old 07-14-2011, 04:25 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Glock if I were you I would meet my car at point of delivery and watch them prep it for customer delivery and make sure any items that needed to be addressed were done so right on the spot...After I heard this local guy with the Panamara's story I am paranoid myself...my jaw dropped when he told me about this seriously , and I;m not even taking delivery on a new car and I was still paranoid

Old 07-14-2011, 04:29 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Troy

Remember Porsche's are a dime a dozen in Orange County.. EVERYONE has one.
Newport sells a ton of cars.. If you need a referral to someone specific at the dealership let me know.. I know the guys for over 10 years.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Troy

Remember Porsche's are a dime a dozen in Orange County.. EVERYONE has one.
Newport sells a ton of cars.. If you need a referral to someone specific at the dealership let me know.. I know the guys for over 10 years.
Thanks. BTW I sent you a lead for an R8 exhaust from my local tech Vinny.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:15 PM
^^^ you should be in good hands out there then if the dealer is close to GMG and they have a good relationship with each other and Fabryce knows the guys there personally....just when I heard from the local guy at one of our Porsche meets that this had happened I was shocked!!! Porsche sells a ton of cars here on the East coast in the MD/VA/DC area up thru Philly and NY and Boston and this happened at one of our very very reputable local dealers....

I trust no dealership ... UNLESS I personally know the tech or individual whi is handling my car and have known them for a while and can place my trust in them thru that relationship

Old 07-15-2011, 09:32 PM
0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute0396 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Glock Guru
Looking to have my 11.5 RS 4.0L "Courtesy Delivered" to this dealer in Newport from my selling dealer on the East Coast so I can get some work done on the west coast and maybe drive it up the PCH to the Rennsport Reunion IV, what is there reputation? I am not a big fan of getting cars delivered and not being there when it arrives, but this delivery would save me thousands in transportation cost shipping it from the east coast or the south for that matter. I just want the minimum PDI done, no joy rides, no monkey business. I may have someone there when it arrives, but I have not don any business with this dealer in the past.

Any reviews, comments, or persons of contact would be a big help. Again, the car will be paid for in advance, this is just a delivery and PDI. My local dealer charges $399.00 for PDI and have seen others charge $500.00 or so. I would be expecting something similar.

Thanks for the help.

-Troy
I would suggest you ask for Stan Reed as he's a Master Tech ( 4O+ years working on Porsches) , Track Junkie, and the only one that l let work on my GT2..Then he's my buddy since High School too... You will have to request him via Rick the service adviser...congrats on your 4.0!

Old 07-15-2011, 11:08 PM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
I think they are okay for delivery. But I wouldn't buy a car from them. They are notoriously overpriced (they like to mark up over MSRP for rare cars) and have a "better than you attitude". I prefer other dealers. The Audi side of the dealership is not as bad.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:24 AM
DrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura aboutDrPeter has a spectacular aura about
delivery

Every ones replies are pretty spot on. I had my new GT3 courtesy delivered from germany to here. They did a great job of prepping it and had it hidden in their garage until my arrival for fear of getting it scratched. So I can attest to them doing that part well.

I have heard of the shipping springs problem before, but I gotta think that that is not a repeatable mistake for any dealer.

They were a little disappointed that I did not buy from them, but they had a 30 person GT3 wait list at the time. The sales men are a bit stuffy, but I can see why. They routinely have people who pay cash for their girlfriend's new porsche here. And then you have people like Nick Cage who walk in and say give me the next GT3RS, regardless of the price, which enables them to falsely justify their attitude. NB is seen as the Beverly Hills of Orange County. They are not exposed to the typical working man's environment so they can't relate to the typical Porsche aficionado.

I have had an outstanding experience with the service department and if you were to live local they give you a preferred sticker for free oil top offs and extra courtesy.

At the time they charged a $2600 courtesy fee which I split with my purchasing dealer. For me, this was cheaper than having Interstate ship the car from the midwest. So if you are in the $500 range, that is a good deal. There are coastal dealers off the US405 from 20" to an hour away in Long Beach and Carlsbad if you are too put off.

Heck if you are really where your sig says your from, I woud deliver in near San Francisco and drive the coast highway down to your mods. Might as well take advantage of the ocean view and windy roads.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:51 AM
imolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of lightimolazhp_ci is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
I think they are okay for delivery. But I wouldn't buy a car from them. They are notoriously overpriced (they like to mark up over MSRP for rare cars) and have a "better than you attitude". I prefer other dealers. The Audi side of the dealership is not as bad.
i experienced the complete opposite of this. porsche side great, audi side awful.