GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Black 2011 GT3 Gets SharkWeek'd & RS Treatment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 05:08 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Black 2011 GT3 Gets SharkWeek'd & RS Treatment

This black on black 2011 GT3 came up to us from Southern California for a few Shark-themed goodies. On the menu was the SharkWerks Exhaust, our larger Tips, the EVOMSit software and the GT3RS Clutch/flywheel conversion. I have to say we really haven't seen as many of the MK2 GT3s go with the full RS lightweight flywheel conversion as we did on the 3.6L Mk1 GT3s. Maybe it's because gone are the days of the dealer warranty for the RMS seal and "while you're in there can you throw the LWF in" scenarios? It's a shame because these cars just rev exactly how they're supposed to (just like the RS). All those light weight engine parts (ti rods etc..) rev so much more freely without the dampening and weight of the stock dual mass unit. The difference is about 15 pounds less with the single mass over the stocker

In she comes and the flashing station is at the ready:

The bumper, belly pans, cross-members and other supports are removed:

Once the slave cylinder etc.. and coolant is removed the transmission itself can be unbolted and lowered out from underneath the car. The engine itself stays in place:

With the transmission off you can access and remove the factory pressure plate, clutch disc and dual mass (for dampening) flywheel:

Meanwhile there's a few parts starting to collect:

Since the stock exhaust is being removed/replaced there's also a few other stragglers at the back end:

The upgraded RS pressure plate (with three straps), new ring gear, clutch disc and RS single mass flywheel (15 pounds lighter than the one being removed) is then installed:

Before re-installing all the parts we added in the RSS Toe-steer kit and lock out plates to help prevent the toe-angle from changing under load:

The cross members, belly pans and other supports are all re-installed again:

On goes the SharkWerks exhaust (saves 18 pounds vs stock):

And of course here's a sound clip of it on the 3.8 engine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkWgjCHwNuE

A close up of our larger (and lighter by 2 pounds!) 88mm tips:

Finally the new EVOMSit tuning is uploaded and set for 91octane, improved throttle response and left-foot braking enabled:

All ready to go back home down South:

Last edited by sharkster; 08-12-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:05 PM
snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !snowboarder54 Is a GOD !
Nice, but I think I'll stick with my 3.9! No offense intended to the owner of this beautiful car or anyother .2 GT3's.

Old 08-10-2011, 07:59 PM
mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !mooty Is a GOD !
nice,
but in need of monoball dog bones!

Old 08-10-2011, 11:00 PM
sin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond reputesin911 has a reputation beyond repute
Alex, how much weight do you save by doing the same for a .1?

Old 08-11-2011, 09:47 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sin911
Alex, how much weight do you save by doing the same for a .1?
Hey mate... the dual mass is 31 pounds and the single mass is 15 pounds:P It's a nice drop for sure...
Originally Posted by mooty
nice,
but in need of monoball dog bones!
Haha I know but my dog took them and hid them in his bed so we were out of stock

Originally Posted by snowboarder54
Nice, but I think I'll stick with my 3.9! No offense intended to the owner of this beautiful car or anyother .2 GT3's.
Hehe same here my friend:P I'm just happy that we can do a stage 1 for the 3.8 guys and the LWF is a good thing for them. I'm ruined for life though, Kermit@3.9 is going to be hard to beat for me:P