GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Parking GT3/GT3 RS in Public?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 01:43 AM
1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all1BlinkGone is a name known to all
The types that do this are some of the same whiners at the "Occupy" events.

Old 12-05-2011, 02:12 AM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
I just couldn't deal with owning a nice car in NYC even in the good hoods. In SF I was always concerned about parking since there basically is none. You just plan to go to bumper medic and/or the dent wizard every few years or bribe the valet to leave your car right in front. San Diego is car heaven. Abundant parking so you can always find that dream corner stall that no one can park next to you. Traffic jams only at rush hour that is amazingly only an hour long. Best part is 5 minute west on the freeway or 5 minutes east I'm in the twisty back roads.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:01 AM
JTquint is on a distinguished road
".....,or bribe the valet to leave your car right in front"......,

I went to the "W" on 22nd and Collins last night (Miami Beach) and I had to pay $60 plus a "tip" to self park in THE front. Just the cost of doing business. The prospect of some ****** bag using my car as a treadmill makes me mental.!

Last edited by JTquint; 12-05-2011 at 06:04 AM.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:51 AM
drl
drl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to beholddrl is a splendid one to behold
I never let a valet park my last car, which was an M3. No chance on the RS.

I usually don't park my car around town, and when I do it is a big empty lot with lots of space. I would never park it in Manhattan.

I personally do not see what could possibly be fun about driving a GT3 in Manhattan.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JTquint
".....,or bribe the valet to leave your car right in front"......,

I went to the "W" on 22nd and Collins last night (Miami Beach) and I had to pay $60 plus a "tip" to self park in THE front. Just the cost of doing business. The prospect of some ****** bag using my car as a treadmill makes me mental.!
Dayum, Parking in Miami Beach do be expensive.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:30 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AlexN
That is correct, but Miami offers other benefits that NYC will never be able to offer.
on one hand, you can be in the middle of all the crouds in south beach, then drive 30 min and be in the middle of the wilderness.
Miami is great for outdoors, nature, fishing etc for most of the year, and that's something the NYC area can never offer.
So sure, we may be missing an apple store or two compared to NYC but I'll take that anyday over the cold winters and pot holes in the city.
Another thing to consider is the cost of living. SFL has plenty of real estate deals right now and for the car guys the 'no inspections' is a nice bonus.
agree with you 100%. i wouldn't trade So FL for NYC if i could help it either. you can add the facts that we don't have state or local taxes, reasonable state taxes, roads in good condition, less traffic, and most importantly....no front plate requirement!!

it just seems like the OP really wants the unique appeal of NYC and he's not going to get that anywhere in FL.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:54 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
im not sure if this is an issue for you, It's another whole lifestyle having to deal with the cold in winter. For me I live in canada, If i had a choice I would have moved long ago. Everyone has a choice, tho I have baised so much of my life here it would be hard to change now, Not impossible but very hard to move south!

When your into cars, you have to lead two lives almost, Such as being in a cold area like NYC. There is the winter mode and the summer mode and It's honestly for me, personaly, Not wise flipping back and forth all the time. It always seems like im in a transition period between the two seasons. As soon as I begin to get comfortable in summer I find it winding down and I need to begin to think about what i'm going to drive come winter and snow season again.

This may not be an issue for you but If it were me I would get out of the cold altogether. I think I will end up in the south somewhere someday just because I feel this way about winter. Sometimes I have a regret that its holding me back from something..

this is my own problem, but just something to consider when thinking of moving to NY. Either way best of luck to ya in whatever you choose. have fun driving your GT3.

Last edited by lopro; 12-05-2011 at 07:57 PM.