GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

New GT3 (2007)....OMG even better than I imagined!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 09:36 AM
V8 Hater is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by alwaysideways
I'd love to hear what exactly you love about it!

What are the other cars did you own and how does it stack up?

Also what you bought the car for, dd, track *****, weekend cruiser.

Congrats that thing is a beauty! Exactly what I'll be looking for in a few years
Thanks for you're questions:

What I love is the RAW Power...Revs sooo fast (8400 RPM), Tight Suspension...Handles like its on rails, Exhaust note is Ridiculous, Ceramics are awesome and lastly you rarely see another GT3 on the street.

I've had: 280Z, 350Z, Rx7, a couple of BMRs, 911 (996 w/ GT3 aero kit) and most recently C6 Corvette. All were great in their own way but don't compare to the GT3.

I bought the GT3 to drive....I have other cars, but find myself at this point driving it when ever I can.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:54 AM
Banned
Kormaster has a spectacular aura aboutKormaster has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by V8 Hater

What I love is the RAW Power...Revs sooo fast (8400 RPM), Tight Suspension...Handles like its on rails, Exhaust note is Ridiculous, Ceramics are awesome and lastly you rarely see another GT3 on the street.

I've had: 280Z, 350Z, Rx7, a couple of BMRs, 911 (996 w/ GT3 aero kit) and most recently C6 Corvette. All were great in their own way but don't compare to the GT3.

I bought the GT3 to drive....I have other cars, but find myself at this point driving it when ever I can.
You make me want it RIGHT NOW.. still searching for one...

Old 04-17-2012, 10:11 AM
muifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of lightmuifast is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats... in my first 6 months, I drove everywhere I could and put almost 10k in her !!! It was fantastic. Enjoy and that's right... no garage queen for this baby!

Old 04-17-2012, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by Kormaster
You make me want it RIGHT NOW.. still searching for one...

Good luck....I'be been told that the GT3s are bullet proof. That said, I suggest that once you find one you like you have a PPI done to ensure that all is ok with the car.....Check for over revs, rear main seal leaks, ceramic rotor cracks, etc., etc.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:05 PM
alwaysideways is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by V8 Hater

Awesome response thanks!

Old 04-17-2012, 10:50 PM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Beautiful GT3! I see either a Carbon blade to fit your existing decklid like the one in the picture below or a GT3RS wing in your future Also, the Carbon Fiber Decklid air ducts and spoiler lip (also seen in the pic) would compliment it well! All from macarbon.com they're a site sponsor too! Enjoy her in good health!

Last edited by ScottKelly911; 04-17-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:53 PM
seapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of lightseapar is a glorious beacon of light
Congrats. I do like the wheels too.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:45 AM
thedoctor will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Beautiful GT3! I see either a Carbon blade to fit your existing decklid like the one in the picture below or a GT3RS wing in your future Also, the Carbon Fiber Decklid air ducts and spoiler lip (also seen in the pic) would compliment it well! All from macarbon.com they're a site sponsor too! Enjoy her in good health!

Awesome! Tastefully done in my opinion.
I agree with the suggested next steps above.

Those may just be the hottest wheels i have ever seen.

Congrats and enjoy!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Rec Racing has a spectacular aura aboutRec Racing has a spectacular aura about
Incredible! Best of luck...enjoy!

Old 04-18-2012, 06:26 AM
996 Porscheman is on a distinguished road
Great car!!!!! How does your GT3 ride in the road(smooth and bumpy)? How does your back feel after an hour ride on the highway. I have a 996 C4 with GT3 aero kit but always wanted a GT3 but concerned about the rough street ride.let me know.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:59 AM
DLJ
DLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to beholdDLJ is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
+1 on these pieces. I think they'd look sharp on your 3. Nice to see one that's a bit different. And white is def. right! Enjoy.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Ride quality

Originally Posted by 996 Porscheman
Great car!!!!! How does your GT3 ride in the road(smooth and bumpy)? How does your back feel after an hour ride on the highway. I have a 996 C4 with GT3 aero kit but always wanted a GT3 but concerned about the rough street ride.let me know.
Having had a 996 I would say that it is certainly a more ridged ride. With that said, the ride quality is what I expected with low profile 20's and a track suspension. On the stiffer suspension setting you can definitely feel everything. I do have the Sport Adaptive Seats which are incredibly comfortable which I think helps to smooth things out a little. I also do not have a roll cage which would probably make the car too stiff. Bottom line...I personnaly love the feeling of being closely connected with the road and have no issues with the ride quality.

Hope this helps

Old 04-18-2012, 03:59 PM
Paul2x is on a distinguished road
Welcome Aboard!

Good to see you on here and it was great chatting while we were stuck in the back of the parking lot at Cars and Coffee during the porsche event

Car looks great.

See you soon and keep up the good work!

-Paul

Old 04-19-2012, 02:55 PM
Hi

Hey Paul,

Good to hear from you.

I hope you did well on the track. Curious...have you had that sun roof removed yet?

Hope to see you again at C & C.

Peter

Old 04-21-2012, 10:50 PM
ScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really niceScooterP is just really nice
Very nice car. Looks like some great options along with great mods. Run the crap out of that thing!

Congrats.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New GT3 (2007)....OMG even better than I imagined!