GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

What are the differences....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 11:30 AM
home7271 is infamous around these parts
What are the differences....

I am trying to understand what are the differences between GT3 and C2S suspension pieces. Besides the obvious adjustable coil-overs on a GT3, what other differences are there? Are the suspension arms all the same? What about the wheel uprights? What about the pickup points on the chassis?

I mean besides the obvious difference in the engine, drive-train and bodyworks, what else did Porsche do to make a GT3? I would assume the body is exactly the same such the pickup points for the suspensions arms are exactly the same.

Thanks.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:49 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
As far as PET shows, the front portion of the 997 tub is different between the C2S and GT3. The control arms and wheel carrier, or hubs, are different as well.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:45 AM
home7271 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
As far as PET shows, the front portion of the 997 tub is different between the C2S and GT3. The control arms and wheel carrier, or hubs, are different as well.
Thanks for the reply. If this is the case, I can see how this really makes GT3 unique. I kind of thought why not just swap out the suspension bits of a C2S with GT3 parts? Though this may not have the same engine/drive-train, but it should handle and feel like a GT3.

BTW, what is 'PET'?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.