GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Ford GT's on autotrader 189k

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Les Quam is on a distinguished road
I agree with Gary even the current Ferarri CEO or do they just call him "Godfather" LOL indicated in interviews that upon his arrival the 355s were problematic as were many of the earlier cars.

From my experience most every Ferrari owner I have talked to since the 355 has enjoyed many trouble free miles with their current Ferrrai's. I just couldn't resist the chance to bash Watt's pimp red Ferarri when the opportunity presented itself. LOL

Although I don't have 47 friends with Ferrrai's like Watt for data purposes.

Errr, I don't think I even have 47 friends now that you mention it?

Old 06-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Watt,

As long as were on this subject your 360 CS was probably close to 200K with 425 HP and it will hold it's value since the build volume was so low. But your new Z06 with 505 HP it seems to me will be the better performing and handling car IMHO for a lot less cash? Why the Stradale?

The only thing that gave me pause regarding the CS was 425 HP for around 200K???

Old 06-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Les Quam
The only thing that gave me pause regarding the CS was 425 HP for around 200K???

Sometimes it's not about the numbers but the eloquence of the cars characteristics. The 360 CS demonstrates the closeness of perfection with the exception of the power. This is likely the reason it has such reasonable value.

I know you know, btw.

Oh and we can be friends if numbers concern you that much. Add me to the list.

Old 06-18-2005, 01:49 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
Watt,

As long as were on this subject your 360 CS was probably close to 200K with 425 HP and it will hold it's value since the build volume was so low. But your new Z06 with 505 HP it seems to me will be the better performing and handling car IMHO for a lot less cash? Why the Stradale?

as one ages, one goes from:

"That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten."

to:

"It is impossible to travel faster than the speed of light, and certainly not desirable, as one's hat keeps blowing off."

After a while you realise, you're no longer taking road trips across CA/Nevada 10 times a year any more where you can actually use your GT2's performance for hours at a time.

And what the Strad is THE BEST at, of any car i have owned, is what i drive daily:

bumpy mountain corners.

Bar none, it handles bumps at speed better than anything else i have owned. light years ahead of gt2's and 3's. the next nearest car is the 2005 boxster s w/ PASM and sport, but it's way behind....

and as my son says: "it looks cool".

Attached Images  
Old 06-18-2005, 02:03 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
I can only dream to live life like you guys do one day

Old 06-18-2005, 04:51 PM
Scott,

And often I find myself dreaming about my life when I didn't have anything of material value. When I had a job I looked forward to going to everyday that was rewarding. My cars are the reward for all the crap I absorb every day.

I tell my kids find something you enjoy doing that you are passionate about. Then do it.

No amount of cars or money is going to make you happy. It's been my experience that very few people can afford cars like these and even fewer of those people enjoy doing what allows them to buy the cars in the first place.

I just spent two days in the hospital last week trying to troubleshoot the origin of my chest pain.

Blocked arteries? No
heart disease? No

Acutely elevated high stress level? Affirmitive.

Scott, the best all around car I own and the best bang for the buck in automotive history so far IMHO is my 2003 SVT mustang Cobra 395 HP in stock form and 500 HP with a few inexpensive modifications. I bought it new for 32K out the door. Nice ones are in the low to mid twenties with zero to 2.9% financing. Buy one spend a couple grand on some mods then come and blow Watt and I away in our ridiculously expensive so called super cars.

Believe me there isn't 170K difference between a new GT2 or a 360 CS and that Cobra. I have driven them all. The differences are subtle. The thrill is the same.

And nothing I mean nothing is more fun than owning a 30K SVT Cobra and blowing the doors off a supercar. Then spend a weekend at Skip Barber learning how to drive a track. Then a weekend at the Jim Hall Kart school learning car control. Then take your modded 30K Cobra to the track and beat most everybody out there with there high end supercars who have never taken the time to learn how to drive their high end cars properly.

(This was not a comment directed at Watt or anyone else on this forum because Watt has been to numerous DE and driving schools but is an open ended general observation of my experience after observing owners of high end cars at open track days.)

Anyway all this is my very humble and worthless opinion.

Old 06-18-2005, 05:11 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
I have several friends who are ready to buy ford gt's at MSRP but the links here have all been marked up $50-100k over sticker by the dealers when I called. If anyone knows of a GT avaliable now at or close to list, please PM me or e-mail me at ed@greatwhitereptiles.com.
Thanks,
Ed

Old 06-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Banned
Life Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud ofLife Dies has much to be proud of

Blocked arteries? No
heart disease? No

Please check PM.

Old 06-18-2005, 08:55 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by MrEdS4
I have several friends who are ready to buy ford gt's at MSRP but the links here have all been marked up $50-100k over sticker by the dealers when I called. If anyone knows of a GT avaliable now at or close to list, please PM me or e-mail me at ed@greatwhitereptiles.com.
Thanks,
Ed

same here, I have someone looking if the color is red of white w/ no stripes

Old 06-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Les,

I hear what you are saying

Old 06-18-2005, 11:56 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
lester leaps IN!!!

Lester,

you're the first guy that "Validated" my 2004 Cobra!!! all my LA buds peed on me, boo hoo!!!! but i have to tell you, it was primative, and we both know this new z06 is miles beyond those cobras.

rule #1: if you love cars, drive the one you have!!! the rest is superfluous

Old 06-19-2005, 10:41 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally posted by watt
the comment was not worthy of comment but since you presume to validate it les:

- Strads have proven bullet proof under very heavy track usage [7,000 miles at Spa, 11 sets of tyres, 10 sets of pads] by my friends. none of my 47 friends w/ strad.s have had any problems. 7000 miles hard laps at Spa is roughly equal to what 80,000 street miles?
-my service mgr and many owners have found them bulletproof
-most 360 and 550's have proven quite reliable when DRIVEN
-garage queens do have problems from not being driven

when i was ignorant, i though F's were not as reliable as say, porsches, altho' F's do NOT have PCCB problems like gt2's and 3's. i was concerned when i bought my first strad, but it took serious hammering.

this with knowledge has proven to be false. reputation tends to lag reality.
Man I couldn't even remember 47 people's names!

Old 06-19-2005, 10:45 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Scott,

And often I find myself dreaming about my life when I didn't have anything of material value. When I had a job I looked forward to going to everyday that was rewarding. My cars are the reward for all the crap I absorb every day.

I tell my kids find something you enjoy doing that you are passionate about. Then do it.

No amount of cars or money is going to make you happy. It's been my experience that very few people can afford cars like these and even fewer of those people enjoy doing what allows them to buy the cars in the first place.

I just spent two days in the hospital last week trying to troubleshoot the origin of my chest pain.

Blocked arteries? No
heart disease? No

Scott, the best all around car I own and the best bang for the buck in automotive history so far IMHO is my 2003 SVT mustang Cobra 395 HP in stock form and 500 HP with a few inexpensive modifications. I bought it new for 32K out the door. Nice ones are in the low to mid twenties with zero to 2.9% financing. Buy one spend a couple grand on some mods then come and blow Watt and I away in our ridiculously expensive so called super cars.

Believe me there isn't 170K difference between a new GT2 or a 360 CS and that Cobra. I have driven them all. The differences are subtle. The thrill is the same.

And nothing I mean nothing is more fun than owning a 30K SVT Cobra and blowing the doors off a supercar. Then spend a weekend at Skip Barber learning how to drive a track. Then a weekend at the Jim Hall Kart school learning car control. Then take your modded 30K Cobra to the track and beat most everybody out there with there high end supercars who have never taken the time to learn how to drive their high end cars properly.

(This was not a comment directed at Watt or anyone else on this forum because Watt has been to numerous DE and driving schools but is an open ended general observation of my experience after observing owners of high end cars at open track days.)

Anyway all this is my very humble and worthless opinion.
Les,

Very well put! At just about any income level you can find a car that will give you pleasure. I loved my 1978 Datsun 280Z when I was 16 and I love my tt now. Everything is relative. And at my very first track event in my 993 turbo I was thoroughly embarrassed by 944's.

I have since done many DE's, Skip Barber, ASA stock car racing etc... and it is much more fun to take your car (whatever it is) to the track once you really know how to drive.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:15 AM
Buddyg,

It seems to me owning a supercar and not going out and getting some real training and experience in order to drive it skillfully was like having one of the worlds best piano's in your living room and not knowing how to play it?

These new supercars even the Italian ones with the computer driver aids are built for those who can appreciate the art of driving IMHO. And I don't think you can learn an art until you study as an apprentice under a master. (old Jedi saying)

Watt,

You bought a RED Ferarri and also own an 04 SVT cobra? I never would have thought you had it in you? Who would have thought we have so much in common after so many philosophical disagreements? One never knows what Skeletons one has in their car closet?

In regard to the Cobra it is at least half the price of the Vette and has GOBS of power waiting to be unleashed from within the bowels of it's handbuilt supercharged engine. The suspension can be upgraded and tuned. The car is just a block of clay waiting for an artist to make it come alive.

Watt, driving pimp red ferrraris and modern muscle cars!!!! Groovy baby! What color is your cobra?

Old 06-19-2005, 11:18 AM
Watt,
This new Z06 may be miles beyond a lot of cars double it's price if it lives up to the hype?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ford GT's on autotrader 189k