GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Who's going to SEMA Show in Vegas this week??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 02:34 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
Who's going to SEMA Show in Vegas this week??

Just wanted to see who is going to SEMA Show in Vegas. Would be nice to meet a few other Porsche enthusiasts in person.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:43 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
I'm already in Vegas, ended up missing my flight home yesterday so I figured I'd stay a little longer. I want to go but it'll be my first time so I have no idea what's going on lol.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Will be there Thurs - Fri...

Come check out some of our cars in the following booths

Hankook

Pirelli

Achillies

Old 10-29-2012, 03:05 PM
ADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to beholdADAMNSONS is a splendid one to behold
They need credentials showing that you are in automotive industry to allow entry. Otherwise, I think you can attend the last day of the show which is open to the public.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:00 AM
dewuser is on a distinguished road
I'll be there Nov 1st - Nov 4th.
Will get to enjoy SEMA on Thursday & Friday.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Darn. I was going to drive to Vegas. Swapped my intercoolers with the 997, changed the spark, along the way I found out that my intercooler piping and turbo intake pipe wasn't seated all the way and was leaking. Once I got all the stuff sorted and put the car together, I go for a test drive. The boost flashed past 1.4 and the car sputtered, lost power. I have been trying to diagnose the trouble thinking maybe I have a loose boost line, if the waste gates are acting up, etc. but it seems the MAF had it. I disconnected the MAF and drove it and it does the same thing. Partial throttle, it drives fine but wide open throttle it sputters.
I don't want tip toe all the way to Vegas and not be able to have fun on the way; I am sure there would be a ton of cars to play with on the way back especially.
Darn Darn Darn

Old 10-31-2012, 04:49 PM
Evoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud ofEvoking has much to be proud of
Leaving tonight. Will be there tomorrow and Friday.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:10 PM
avh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to all
ADAMSONS. It happened the exact thing to my car . after replacing the exhaust system and spark plugs. first you have a boost leak . 2 the DME goes into a lop mode (even if the check engine light is not ON ) . 3 fix the leak . 4 reset the DME with a durametric or any scanner will do. 5 go for test drive. I wish you good luck

Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 PM
avh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to allavh128996tt is a name known to all
Also check the rod on your turbos actuators . They might have come unhooked while you were replacing the plugs

Old 11-05-2012, 09:24 AM
I replaced the gates with 1 bar ones a while back. I double checked them and made them the same as much as I could ( loosened all the way till the the flappers were opening, snugged it till shut then tightened them 1/4")

I was trying to diagnose what the problem was. I thought it was over boosting because I'd see 1 bar instantly and then the car would cut out; I figured the boost gauge wasn't fast enough to show what the boost was and it was over boosting. I backed out the wgates and that didn't fix the problem either. I think by then the MAF was already damaged.
I then disconnected and reconnected the MAf a few times but that didn't fix it either. Then I disconnected the MAF all together and it was doing the exact same thing which led me to believe that the MAF is damaged.
What do you think?