Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Holy S, this brand new CGT I am with sold for less than $400k

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 11:51 AM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
Originally posted by buddyg
There was never any "Clutch Issue" to solve it just takes people getting use to a clutch and flywheel that engage super quickly. Most of the owners on this site have no problems with the Clutch at all...
Buddy,

Someone who drove his CGT 4000 miles says there was. He received his car before just about anyone else on this board. He eventually sold it b/c of the clutch.

The clutch exploded shortly after the new owner took delivery. It was replaced under warranty.

Nick is one of the only people here to have driven that person's car and a newer one. Hopefully he'll tell you about the difference if you ask him.

Greg A

Old 08-09-2005, 05:44 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Doug H
I love 959s, but I think I would go F40 or maybe even one of those mid 90s Bugati EB1100 or whatever model they were for the 959 price range. I heard those Bugatis were in the mid 200s if you can find one. I also think I would have to consider an F60 if I had close to a half million to spend on a 2 seater. What about those racey Jags? Aren't they now around $ 300K?

The Porsches are definitely the drivers cars, but my recent dabble into the Italians has changed my thought process about Italians. I just put 1,500 miles on my Diablo in about three weeks. I took it on many little quick 1 hour jaunts and short out of town 150 mil round trip stuff while my 04 TT cabriolet was getting a makeover.

For $ 160,000, I think the 2001 Diablo 6.0 is an unreal bargain. Fun as hell to drive and the attention is really too much at times. The CGT may beat it on the track, but this car gets my heart racing like nothing else I have driven and it costs the same as my TT cabriolet.
I saw an EB110 and an XJ220 both going down the road the other day, just gorgeous!!!

Old 08-10-2005, 09:23 AM
deanger is infamous around these parts
FWIW --

The 959 may not be quite as exciting as an F-40 or EB to some, but it will drive circles around them on anything but the track (f-40). The AWD has never been equaled, in my opinion. It has an incredible feel. And the traction control systems are amazing. The car is totally at home on slick roads or even ice. Not to mention it is fun to pull up alongside someone and then watch their face as you raise the car to (faux) rally-car height.

A truly amazing car that you can drive every day, rain or shine or snow, and still blow most people's doors off. It is a shame they are sitting around. They should be out on the roads accumulating miles, er, kilometers.

That being said, I am keeping an eye on CGT prices with interest. I hope they come down just a little more... And add some sort of car-park lift system.

Personally, I think that if the CGT had just a little more everyday driveability (like the aforementioned ability to lift) more of these guys who buy and sell cars with no thought to money would have held on to their CGTs longer. I know of two guys who have car collections youd dream of who decided NOT to buy a CGT because "they were too much of a pain in the a$$" -- Now, I don't agree witht them, but I do think there are a lot of big money guys who share that feeling.

Now if I can convince one of them to sell cheap...

Old 08-11-2005, 10:25 AM
carnut is infamous around these parts
http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102941

According to that Porsche is reducing the number of CGT's produced. Supposedly the majority of the reduction is cars that were earmarcked for the US. But since the new laws are only for the US, wouldn't the reduction have to be ALL from US bound cars. Why would they also reduce production for Rest of World production (maybe the market for these cars is too weak everywhere). While some question whether the low prices people are quoting are real, I've heard of many that have sold for about $400K new. Even Tyson suggests that he's found some for $398K.

Old 08-12-2005, 01:20 PM
Klint is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by 20C4S
the demend ouside US are still hot.
I believe circa. 80 official CGTs were imported to the UK.

It'll be interesting to see where the second hand market for used CGTs in the UK will go due to the LHD aspect of things.

Old 08-12-2005, 04:30 PM
wantone is infamous around these parts
Why wouldn't Porsche entertain leases?

Old 08-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
Originally posted by deanger
FWIW --

The 959 may not be quite as exciting as an F-40 or EB to some, but it will drive circles around them on anything but the track (f-40). The AWD has never been equaled, in my opinion. It has an incredible feel. And the traction control systems are amazing. The car is totally at home on slick roads or even ice. Not to mention it is fun to pull up alongside someone and then watch their face as you raise the car to (faux) rally-car height.

A truly amazing car that you can drive every day, rain or shine or snow, and still blow most people's doors off. It is a shame they are sitting around. They should be out on the roads accumulating miles, er, kilometers.

That being said, I am keeping an eye on CGT prices with interest. I hope they come down just a little more... And add some sort of car-park lift system.

Personally, I think that if the CGT had just a little more everyday driveability (like the aforementioned ability to lift) more of these guys who buy and sell cars with no thought to money would have held on to their CGTs longer. I know of two guys who have car collections youd dream of who decided NOT to buy a CGT because "they were too much of a pain in the a$$" -- Now, I don't agree witht them, but I do think there are a lot of big money guys who share that feeling.

Now if I can convince one of them to sell cheap...
I would not buy a Bugatti, 959 or F40 for the track. Heck, I am afraid to dump the clutch and drive my Diablo real hard, much less take it on the track. Don't get me wrong, I drive cars pretty hard and have seen some speeds and been pulled over for some speeds I don't care to publish.

I go to the track about 4 to 6 times a year and have fun with whatever car du jour that makes me smile. Last time, I ran my 355 at a DE and the 355 is the slowest car I own, but I had a great time learning how to drive it. If I was serious about the track, I think I would build a RSR knock off out of a 70 tub or find something else to beat on than a 959 or F40. Looked into doing this and for about $ 100k or so (with some patience), I could build a pretty serious track machine. Maybe one day when I get close to retirement age and can travel, I will get a real track car and learn how to drive.

That being said, if I could afford a CGT, I would take that to the track and beat the heel out of it as long as Porsche would stand behind the warranty.

Last edited by Doug H; 08-15-2005 at 09:04 PM.