GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Monster White Shark GT3RS 3.9 Build @ Shark Werks

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:00 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
You did huh Alex... its a 427 motor bored and stroked to 488 (8ltrs) , 640 hp and around 580 trq all wrapped into a short wheel base - beast

Old 01-25-2013, 04:17 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by marcw
You did huh Alex... its a 427 motor bored and stroked to 488 (8ltrs) , 640 hp and around 580 trq all wrapped into a short wheel base - beast
Haha oi, watch your langauge:P

I bet that thing is pretty fun

Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 PM
marcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud ofmarcw has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by sharkster
Haha oi, watch your langauge:P

I bet that thing is pretty fun
its chaotic... will bring it over one Friday.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:00 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by marcw
its chaotic... will bring it over one Friday.
Hehe ok I'll be watching for lotsa smoke

Old 01-28-2013, 01:20 PM
f0ster is on a distinguished road
hate to just mention the color - but i have to say that the white and black looks amazing

Old 01-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by f0ster
hate to just mention the color - but i have to say that the white and black looks amazing
Don't be sorry at all I'm with you... I wanted to order white/black back in the day but couldn't. So it was green for me...

Old 02-09-2013, 08:54 PM
GT34LES is on a distinguished road
Joe Rogan's car looks bad ***!!

Old 02-10-2013, 03:05 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
That thing looks gorgeous! I know it's kind of off topic, but every time I see a GT3/GT3RS/GT2 engine outside of the car, I can't help but think about how heavy the intake manifolds look. I bet if someone came out with a CF intake that's not ridiculously priced, let's say in the $2,500ish range, they'd sell like hot cakes. Lose lots of weight, all in the right place, high and in the rear. I've seen a few made, but they're all crazy expensive. I love the GT3RSR's intakes, wow they're beautiful! Couple the weight loss of that along with the weight loss of an aftermarket exhaust and balance would be getting better and better. I know, just go on a diet and do the driver weight loss mod

Attached Images    
Old 02-10-2013, 03:09 AM
ur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to allur20v is a name known to all
Keyser and myself would be in for a $2.5k carbon manifold that worked!

Has anyone done individual intake/throttle body/trumpets like you see on the aircooled cars?

Old 02-11-2013, 12:56 AM
Jamie_GT3 can only hope to improve
I'm assuming the RSR is running Alpha-N or equivalent, as I don't see a MAF or a place for a MAF. If someone can find one there are quite a few CF manufacturers here in the states. Eddie at RPW may be able to help us out...

Old 02-12-2013, 03:06 PM
Banned
Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !Keyser Soze Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ur20v
Keyser and myself would be in for a $2.5k carbon manifold that worked! ...
Already have investigated this. Cost is unreal. Intake plenum in CF roughly is about $15,000.
I spend money but that's stupid money for not much more than eye candy.
Anyway we've figured out another way to "skin the plenum" issue.

\m/

Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 PM
Former Vendor
dbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant future
Great job Alex!

Old 02-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Originally Posted by GT34LES
Joe Rogan's car looks bad ***!!
Thanks man I think the owner is stoked
Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
That thing looks gorgeous! I know it's kind of off topic, but every time I see a GT3/GT3RS/GT2 engine outside of the car, I can't help but think about how heavy the intake manifolds look. I bet if someone came out with a CF intake that's not ridiculously priced, let's say in the $2,500ish range, they'd sell like hot cakes. Lose lots of weight, all in the right place, high and in the rear. I've seen a few made, but they're all crazy expensive. I love the GT3RSR's intakes, wow they're beautiful! Couple the weight loss of that along with the weight loss of an aftermarket exhaust and balance would be getting better and better. I know, just go on a diet and do the driver weight loss mod

Those things are pretty of course however the stock one isn't all that heavy and remember cup/race cars don't have to have a nasty/heavy-ish air/smog pump attached up high. Me thinks the carbon wouldn't be so happy with that Not to mention the cost.

Originally Posted by ur20v
Keyser and myself would be in for a $2.5k carbon manifold that worked!

Has anyone done individual intake/throttle body/trumpets like you see on the aircooled cars?
LOL 2.5k ok sign me up- well maybe not, I'd hate to see fitment/cracking and FOB damage in an expensive motor Overlay maybe but even those guys charged an arm and a leg. I think the the mk2 factory one is so darned good that you'd be picking at straws trying to make it better. Then there's the stuff I mentioned above;(

Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Already have investigated this. Cost is unreal. Intake plenum in CF roughly is about $15,000.
I spend money but that's stupid money for not much more than eye candy.
Anyway we've figured out another way to "skin the plenum" issue.

\m/
Seems more realistic. There's a lot better ways to drop 15k

Originally Posted by dbcperformance
Great job Alex!
Thanks man!

Old 02-15-2013, 11:20 PM
TYE
TYE will become famous soon enough
Wereu able to find out what screen/head unit is installed in this car. Thanks

Old 02-15-2013, 11:34 PM
Originally Posted by TYE
Wereu able to find out what screen/head unit is installed in this car. Thanks
Darn I'm sorry I would say just ask Ernie @ sound innovations in Hayward as he did the install

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Monster White Shark GT3RS 3.9 Build @ Shark Werks