GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS flywheel install in S.D.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 02:51 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
GT3 RS flywheel install in S.D.

Can anyone recommend a good shop in the SD area to source and install the lightweight RS flywheel/ clutch etc. on my GT3? Any help or advise is appreciated.

Old 07-14-2005, 03:20 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Order the kit(all parts) from Carnewal(Gert) Bd. Sponsor and have the dealer install it. Mine should be here next week. It will be free install since the car is going in for an RMS repair and they have to remove the fly/clutch anyways. This will not void your warranty according to my dealer who got clearence from PCNA. The cluth itself is only warrantied 6 mos anyways when stock...

Old 07-14-2005, 04:46 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
GT3

Thanks, sounds like the dealer might be the trick. Good luck with that RMS issue.

Old 07-14-2005, 04:52 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GT3

Originally posted by NelsonF
Thanks, sounds like the dealer might be the trick. Good luck with that RMS issue.
RMS is just a simple seal replacement. Should be no problem. The advantage of the dealer doing the fly install...no warranty issues. Once my car is out of warranty and I do some mechanical upgrades, I will choose a good race shop that specializes in tuning racing Porsches ect.."FarnbacherLoles" is only 2 hrs from me...The won the GT class at the Rolex 24 this year, 10th place overall counting all classes...

Old 07-14-2005, 04:56 PM
GT3

What are you planning in terms of other mods? I'm considering the PSI420 kit. I've done the Fab-muffler by-pass but not sure
how long I'll be able to live with the sound. It's fine for now.

Old 07-14-2005, 05:12 PM

What are you planning in terms of other mods? I'm considering the PSI420 kit. I've done the Fab-muffler by-pass but not sure
how long I'll be able to live with the sound. It's fine for now.
ultimately, the RS suspension package(control arms, wheel carriers, shocks) which have superior geometry when compared to our current set up...after that, replace the RS shocks(no dampening adjustment) with adjustible dampening Motons...ECU tweak ? Maybe, but not a priority. The car already has plenty of power, imo....

Since I aleady have a Europipe exhaust, that will stay. If I had not done the EP, The PSI or Manthey setup would have been done...

Old 07-14-2005, 05:17 PM
GT3

I've been thinking about the RS suspension mods also, but wonder if I'd track it enough to make sense. I notice you've done the Evo billet link, any difference?

Old 07-14-2005, 05:26 PM
supercup is on a distinguished road
NelsonF

Piorneer is doing a flywheel install on a TT right now. They can certainly do it for your. Tim at Mind over Motorsports can do it as well. In Orange County you can go to GMG (Fabryce on this board) or to Precision Motorsports (done a couple already).

That is a great mod. While you are at it you should put is shorter gears 3-6, makes it a totally different car! Precision did one for a friend and the car is a rocket, gear to top speed of about 170 in 6th. It is extremely quick.

Good luck

Old 07-14-2005, 05:26 PM

I've been thinking about the RS suspension mods also, but wonder if I'd track it enough to make sense. I notice you've done the Evo billet link, any difference?
The billet link is a no brainer. Gives the shift a much more solid, connected feel...not too notchy but not spongy like stock. I have been told that the ride on an RS is actually better than that of the stock GT3. The dampening on the shocks is actually softer than our shocks, but the geometry makes the diffference in the overall handling. I am signed up for my first two track events this fall, so I am not sure how much tracking I will do...most likey, I expect a level of addiction to take hold and my primary focus of this car will evolve from garage queen to track *****....

Definately do the billet shift link. I did it w/o the short shift kit.

Old 07-14-2005, 06:17 PM
GT3

I found your DIY install on the other board, excellent. I think I'll do the console delete too. Pretty easy weight savings with just few mods. GT3 seats, muffler removal and bypass, lightwieght flywheel, console delete all combined reduce more than 120 lbs. Not bad and I havn't impacted my factory warrantee! At least for now....

Old 07-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Rolo is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: GT3

Originally posted by rockitman
RMS is just a simple seal replacement. Should be no problem. The advantage of the dealer doing the fly install...no warranty issues. Once my car is out of warranty and I do some mechanical upgrades, I will choose a good race shop that specializes in tuning racing Porsches ect.."FarnbacherLoles" is only 2 hrs from me...The won the GT class at the Rolex 24 this year, 10th place overall counting all classes...

What are the signs of the RMS problems?

Old 07-14-2005, 07:51 PM
Re: Re: Re: GT3

Originally posted by Rolo
What are the signs of the RMS problems?
If you look under the main suspension truss dead center, you will see a brassy/goldish color sqaure wedge. It's actually a 1.5"x1.5" square skid plate. When I park the car, I get about four-10 drips off that and onto the floor after a day or two. Really a pittens, but none the less, unacceptible. The shall be no oil put on the track by me. It drips from where the tranny outer case meets with the back of the motor at the very bottom. There is a small slot that would allow drainage, I am sure by design. In other words it's not a frog's *** seal between the motor and the tranny case....

Old 07-14-2005, 09:26 PM
Trundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond reputeTrundle997 has a reputation beyond repute
Rockitman-
1st GT3 I've heard of with a RMS problem...and you don't have that many miles on your beast.

When are you going to make it to the track?

Old 07-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Rolo is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: Re: Re: GT3

Originally posted by rockitman
If you look under the main suspension truss dead center, you will see a brassy/goldish color sqaure wedge. It's actually a 1.5"x1.5" square skid plate. When I park the car, I get about four-10 drips off that and onto the floor after a day or two. Really a pittens, but none the less, unacceptible. The shall be no oil put on the track by me. It drips from where the tranny outer case meets with the back of the motor at the very bottom. There is a small slot that would allow drainage, I am sure by design. In other words it's not a frog's *** seal between the motor and the tranny case....

Thanks, btw you will be spending a lot of time at the track. If this is your first time in the 3,....friend you are in for a REAL TREAT...AWESOME CAR