Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Guards Red Carrera GT Pics

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 11:05 AM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Super D
Ed: Bud cans and Doritos left on the floor in the dark are pretty low-tech, but I admire your originality, and it's probably pretty effective!
they are coors light cans thank you and I string them togather with fishing line as I drink them so it acts sort of like a spider web... its very high tech IMO.

Old 07-22-2005, 12:22 PM
BAD ASH is infamous around these parts
that is my dream car, I love Red on The Carrera Gt.
I'm a sucker for Red Porsches.

Old 07-22-2005, 01:58 PM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by fasteddiett
they are coors light cans thank you and I string them togather with fishing line as I drink them so it acts sort of like a spider web... its very high tech IMO.
i new ur a fart smeller

Old 07-23-2005, 01:39 AM
eMJay1133 is infamous around these partseMJay1133 is infamous around these parts
Love the pics. The CGT looks awesome in that color.

Old 07-23-2005, 02:03 AM
raygr is infamous around these parts
:Originally posted by CarreraGtRacer
Surely if this guy has a $400k supercar he has some money to spend on home security so people just can't wander in at night
I don't want to hijack this thread, because the pictures are very nice, but I have to respond to this....

So are you saying that it's okay to create a security threat because the guy probably has a house alarm?! I don't agree; security is a serious matter. Take a look at this thread: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=212601

Bluring out license plates is a common practice, and if I post pictures, I return the courtesy.

Stephan, owning a CGT myself, I'm happy to talk to folks about it, and I'm sure the owner was happy to talk to you about his car, but do you think he would like it if you posted his home address along with the pics? It's basically the same thing to a serious perp.

Old 07-23-2005, 09:42 PM
CarreraGtRacer is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by raygr
I don't want to hijack this thread, because the pictures are very nice, but I have to respond to this....

So are you saying that it's okay to create a security threat because the guy probably has a house alarm?! I don't agree; security is a serious matter. Take a look at this thread: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=212601

Bluring out license plates is a common practice, and if I post pictures, I return the courtesy.

Stephan, owning a CGT myself, I'm happy to talk to folks about it, and I'm sure the owner was happy to talk to you about his car, but do you think he would like it if you posted his home address along with the pics? It's basically the same thing to a serious perp.
so what are you saying that robbers sit on the internet all day looking at car pictures?

j/k

When you drive your car in public you run a greater risk of anyone noting your number plate number locally and in all honesty that is much more riskier then someone viewing pictures of the car 3,000 miles away on a computer...

Don't get me wrong security is the #1 priority but if the guy in the Red Carrera GT put his car out for the public then he must realize the risk of what he's doing...

Old 07-23-2005, 10:22 PM
Banned
Mike T is infamous around these parts

Simply by owning a Carrrera GT, the man is putting himself at a rather high amount of risk.

Driving the car around in daylight is so much more riskier than posting pictures on the Internet, I can't even begin to explain how miniscule / nonexistant the risk is here. I mean, really, we are all Porsche enthusiasts who probably own or have owned at least one in our lives. It would be a strain to imagine anyone here even being remotely connected with any sort of car theft.

My point is that posting a license plate number is not dangerous. If it were, then they wouldn't be located in such a visible spot for everyone to see.

Old 07-23-2005, 11:54 PM
CarreraGtRacer is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Mike T
Simply by owning a Carrrera GT, the man is putting himself at a rather high amount of risk.

Driving the car around in daylight is so much more riskier than posting pictures on the Internet, I can't even begin to explain how miniscule / nonexistant the risk is here. I mean, really, we are all Porsche enthusiasts who probably own or have owned at least one in our lives. It would be a strain to imagine anyone here even being remotely connected with any sort of car theft.

My point is that posting a license plate number is not dangerous. If it were, then they wouldn't be located in such a visible spot for everyone to see.
totally agree with that...

Old 07-24-2005, 03:54 PM
raygr is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Mike T

Driving the car around in daylight is so much more riskier than posting pictures on the Internet, I can't even begin toexplain how miniscule / nonexistant the risk is here. I mean, really, we are all Porsche enthusiasts who probably own or have owned at least one in our lives. It would be a strain to imagine anyone here even being remotely connected with any sort of car theft.
The difference is that when it is online, millions can see it (and not just this forum's members), vs. on the street where almost nobody will get a good look at it. It is the same reason why car magazines don't show real license plates on feature cars that belong to private people.

A lot of collector car owners, and owners of high value cars would not agree with you when it comes to published information about their cars.
http://www.abika.com/Reports/VehicleDrivingRecords.htm

I'll admit, hopefully the security threat is small.

OK - I'll shut-up about this now!

Old 07-24-2005, 06:31 PM
bottomline is infamous around these partsbottomline is infamous around these parts
Most exotic car owners - from what I have noticed, especially with people who are in need of more security - put their cars under a corporation, not under their personal name. That's what I would do, as well.

Old 07-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
Great pics, as usual.

I blur out the plates.

Old 07-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Banned
Mike T is infamous around these parts
The difference is that when it is online, millions can see it (and not just this forum's members), vs. on the street where almost nobody will get a good look at it. It is the same reason why car magazines don't show real license plates on feature cars that belong to private people.

A lot of collector car owners, and owners of high value cars would not agree with you when it comes to published information about their cars.
http://www.abika.com/Reports/VehicleDrivingRecords.htm

I'll admit, hopefully the security threat is small.

OK - I'll shut-up about this now!
Okay, okay.

Well if you must know, I am a thief. I'm now out to get you!

Old 08-05-2005, 12:02 PM
rspiteri is infamous around these parts
Red cheapens the look. Silver or Black. All other colors make it look like a car kit from Japan.

Old 08-05-2005, 02:20 PM
nberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to beholdnberry is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by DarioTexas
I already took his plate # down ... if this guy has $400K to spend on a car he probably has some cash laying around his house ... no telling what i'll find late at night ... hopefully there's no kids or pets or anything I'll stumble across ....
Correction $500,000. List is $448,500 and with taxes and incidentals your close to $500,000.

On the other hand, if he bought recently from a dealer or used then it is close to 375,000- $400,000.

Old 08-06-2005, 11:39 AM
teflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant futureteflon has a brilliant future
The difference is that when it is online, millions can see it (and not just this forum's members), vs. on the street where almost nobody will get a good look at it. It is the same reason why car magazines don't show real license plates on feature cars that belong to private people...
Road & Track did a story on the McLaren F1 several years ago. They stated the owner did not want his name revealed, but they left his real license plate on the car for all of the pics.

Greg A