GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 or wait for RS?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2013, 03:11 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by mousecatcher
If you haven't already ordered a gt3, you'll be lucky to get one before the RS is even released. At least get yourself on a list or 2.
I am number one on the list for a GT3 at a socal dealership but have passed until the Sport Buckets are approved. Apparently I am number 6 for an RS at this same dealership.

If the Sport Buckets get released in the spring (per a rumor) I will go ahead and take delivery this summer.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:47 PM
mplv is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tphss
Haha, sorry
But honestly that's my opinion. A relative was interested in the GT3RS a few years back. We went to the dealership in Miami, he saw the string door handles, and we left.

that car you passed on it probably appreciated 50k since then, btw, you know the plastic handle you crave so much is connected to a wire don't you?

Old 11-25-2013, 05:56 PM
tphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of lighttphss is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by mplv
that car you passed on it probably appreciated 50k since then, btw, you know the plastic handle you crave so much is connected to a wire don't you?
It's an amazing car and I acknowledge that, good deal.

You don't agree with my point of view on the handles and I respect that.
Unfortunately I do not think the same, and think that straps for handles in the GT3RS, or even a boxster spyder (whether it's a statement or not, I do not actually care) are are ridiculous and out of place.

Old 11-25-2013, 11:06 PM
mousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nicemousecatcher is just really nice
I also always thought there were a bit of a ricer statement myself. Let's add some weight with an alcantara headliner yet save 3 oz with a door strap.

I wonder if handles could be retrofit?

Old 11-28-2013, 02:04 PM
BOXER12 is on a distinguished road
I was looking at the Porsche website and they show the RS as coming with a 6 sp manual. If that's true, I would definitely go with the RS.

Old 11-28-2013, 02:38 PM
alpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of lightalpine-al is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BOXER12
I was looking at the Porsche website and they show the RS as coming with a 6 sp manual. If that's true, I would definitely go with the RS.
Interesting. I searched the web site and only saw info on the 2011 GT3 RS 4.0, which had a manual. Can you cut and paste the info that you found?

Thanks

Old 11-28-2013, 02:49 PM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Originally Posted by BOXER12

I acutally will likely go with PDK regardless... its the wave of the future. I have a Scuderia now to keep me entertained since I sold my 2010 GT3 last year and, although its a single clutch, I couldnt imagine the car with a manual tranny. It just "fits". I think the same will end up being said with the 991 GT3/RS.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:03 PM
BOXER12 is on a distinguished road
I think you're right, the factory website still shows the RS 4.0... I was thrown off by the footnotes that say some specs are still unverified. Time to update the website eh?

Last edited by BOXER12; 11-28-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:40 PM
eddylee will become famous soon enough
wait for the RS

Old 12-30-2013, 02:08 PM
sidicks is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tphss
Haha, sorry
But honestly that's my opinion. A relative was interested in the GT3RS a few years back. We went to the dealership in Miami, he saw the string door handles, and we left.
Probably not the right car for him then - maybe a Toyota Prius would be more appropriate for your relative!

Old 12-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Dark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really niceDark Knight is just really nice
straps are awesome, I wish I could have framed windows with cranks to save weight