Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Z Roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 12:08 AM
codycarrera is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Jack(LA)
Tyson, you Malibu boys should -- I already did the comparo.
result pls? really want to know real world comparo...(Z06 vs. ?)

thx.

Old 10-28-2005, 12:26 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally posted by codycarrera
result pls? really want to know real world comparo...(Z06 vs. ?)

thx.
Dammit such a teaser haha

Old 10-28-2005, 08:34 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Stop teasing..

Well, WHAT HAPPEND?..

Old 10-28-2005, 11:42 AM
SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !SmoothCab Is a GOD !
Congrats Watt, Post us some pics. Would love to see that bad boy..

Old 10-29-2005, 12:42 AM
You're SO MONEY, baby!
Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !Super D Is a GOD !
Originally posted by watt
the steering is fine, just different than F or P. at first it feels like it wont turn in, but then you get it and it really turns in. the balance is superb

clutch is light. shifter short and solid, certainly much better than tyson's factory short shift in my recent GT2 lease.
I like reading your posts; always enjoying yourself with great cars. And, it doesn't matter what kind of car it is, you enjoy them all, and that's the point.

Old 10-29-2005, 07:52 AM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
one thing is for sure --- Z06 is NOT a Jack car. Sniff.

"trust me, Jack, a Z06 is not for you"

no refinement, no elegance, no je ne sais quoi, alas.

As a reborn decadent 17th century nobleman, you can't live without musing over choices of CF vs zebra dashes, colour cordinated stitching and wi fi. stick with F's!!!! Leave the Z06 for the common folk.

Old 10-29-2005, 08:54 AM
Ryan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to allRyan in SD is a name known to all
lol^^

hey watt, how about some pics? I am calling you out!

jk

Old 10-29-2005, 09:39 AM
deanger is infamous around these parts
Watt sure does love his cars.

Old 10-29-2005, 03:30 PM
Jack(LA) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by watt
one thing is for sure --- Z06 is NOT a Jack car. Sniff.

"trust me, Jack, a Z06 is not for you"

no refinement, no elegance, no je ne sais quoi, alas.

As a reborn decadent 17th century nobleman, you can't live without musing over choices of CF vs zebra dashes, colour cordinated stitching and wi fi. stick with F's!!!! Leave the Z06 for the common folk.
Watt,

I always knew you were the common folk of Malibu -- that's rich (pun intended). The three GT2's, the two GT3's, the Maser, the two Stradale's, that wasn't the real you. You are more the Cobra/Boxster, down to earth, kind of guy. LOL.

BTW, I thought the Z06 was great. Perhaps not my cup of tea, but a tremendous performance bargain. I'd definitely consider it as a dedicated track car, although I do like the "lightness" of the Elise better. It doesn't quite have the "driving/steering feel" that either the GT3 or my F-cars have (with the F-cars being even better than the GT2/3), but that's to be expected. Nevertheless, the Z is a very capable handling car, and it will just take some time to get comfortable with the different "feeling". Sort of like the difference in feel between the GT3 and the CS going over the bumpy section of Turn 8 at WS -- they both can take that turn quite fast, but one car instills more confidence in the driver than the other. I think you know what I mean.

Interior quality is fine for $65-70K car, IMHO. No worse than a non-leather GT3 -- I don't know/understand why people are complaining about it. Of course, no comparison to the CS or F430 interior but at $200k, you should expect and get more. And yes, I do like having choices and the ability to make my cars special with deviated stitching, carbon fibre and the like.....but no zebra/leopard skins please. An opportunity to post PICS, I can not resist.

Old 10-29-2005, 03:42 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
Watt,

I always knew you were the common folk of Malibu -- that's rich (pun intended). The Porsche's, the Maser, the Stradale's, that wasn't the real you. You are more the Cobra/Boxster, down to earth, kind of guy. LOL.

BTW, I thought the Z06 was great. Perhaps not my cup of tea, but a tremendous performance bargain. I'd definitely consider it as a dedicated track car, although I do like the "lightness" of the Elise better. It doesn't quite have the "driving/steering feel" that either the GT3 or my F-cars have (with the F-cars being even better than the GT2/3), but that's to be expected. Nevertheless, the Z is a very capable handling car, and it will just take some time to get comfortable with the different "feeling". Sort of like the difference in feel between the GT3 and the CS going over the bumpy section of Turn 8 at WS -- they both can take that turn quite fast, but one car instills more confidence in the driver than the other. I think you know what I mean.

Interior quality is fine for $65-70K car, IMHO. No worse than a non-leather GT3 -- I don't know understand why people are complaining about it. Of course, no comparison to the CS or F430 interior but at $200k, you should expect and get more. And yes, I do like having choices and the ability to make my cars special with deviated stitching, carbon fibre and the like.....but no zebra/leopard skins please. An opportunity to post PICS, I can not resist.

That was a great post Jack! I think by Roxxx Watt really means crack (what he seems to be on.) The Z06 looks "better" than a F430 .. and drives like a "GT2" . LOL. Soon he will be trading his Maserrati for a Ford Focus cuz he no longer can afford it after swiching cars a hundred times in the past two years.

Old 10-29-2005, 04:40 PM
Jack(LA) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by quartermile
That was a great post Jack! I think by Roxxx Watt really means crack (what he seems to be on.) The Z06 looks "better" than a F430 .. and drives like a "GT2" . LOL. Soon he will be trading his Maserrati for a Ford Focus cuz he no longer can afford it after swiching cars a hundred times in the past two years.
Michael,

I don't think Watt is on crack -- beauty is in the eye of the beholder. He's entitled to his opinion that the Z looks better than the 430 and that it drives like a GT2. That's just one opinion with which I can not concur, especially after driving two Z06's.

And since we're talking "eye of the beholder" -- time for more photos. I'm just incorrigible.

Old 10-29-2005, 04:57 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
I for one am thankful you both are here. I love reading your posts
since I can only afford my lowly GT3, I can see what the other cars look and feel like through you who have had them all. Jack thanks for the pics. BTW where is that last pic. I saw that store that makes the 550 spyder replicas behind your gorgeous 430 in the Rides program on the Learning channel. I dont get out of the desert/mountians much.

Old 10-29-2005, 05:01 PM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
That's not a very nice thing to say.

Financial aptitude is the least of Watt's problems, trust me.

The Maserati was already traded in... for a Cayenne Turbo!

Old 10-29-2005, 05:17 PM
quartermile has a spectacular aura aboutquartermile has a spectacular aura about
Originally posted by Hamann7
That's not a very nice thing to say.

Financial aptitude is the least of Watt's problems, trust me.

The Maserati was already traded in... for a Cayenne Turbo!
OK, may be I am being too hard on Watt but this is an exact quote:

"much better looking than 430, and i must agree. when you see the thing it hangs together in unity rather than looking pieced together like the 430. the overall quality is excellent and the performance is the best you can buy ... CGT ".

Jack BTW, you missed this photo from the tail end ... gotta love that. If you are wondering what it says ... LOL.

"son, ain't nothin' like horsepower just runnin' out the exhaus pipes"

Last edited by quartermile; 10-29-2005 at 05:20 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:57 PM
TT
TT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of lightTT is a glorious beacon of light
Dude I think your the one on crack!

How can you talk about someone else so negatively when you don't really know that all that well? Especially someone as cool/down to earth as Watt...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.