GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Modding a GT3

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Banned
RENNWORX GT3 will become famous soon enoughRENNWORX GT3 will become famous soon enough
MANTHEY 410 ENGINE KIT SPEC'S

Manifolds,sport catalysts,rear mufflers,air filter

Manthey Motors Motronic

More Power, More Torque

Increase in acceleration,performance and top speed.

Developed on the latest MAHA DYNO

Tested on the Nurburgring and everyday use.

Original onboard diagnosis are not affected.

TUV approval

Attached Images  
Old 11-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Z06
Z06 is on a distinguished road
How about a chassis dyno?

Old 11-10-2005, 11:50 PM
bli8 is infamous around these partsbli8 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by rockitman
just don't ruin the motor with a turbo or super charger kit...
So that means it is ok for me to put a 100 shot nitrous kit on it. Right?

Old 11-11-2005, 09:45 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Rennworx GT3

Rennworx,

Is there a dyno chart available on Manthey 410 kit? I'd like to compare vs stock.

Old 11-11-2005, 07:33 PM
Banned
RENNWORX GT3 will become famous soon enoughRENNWORX GT3 will become famous soon enough
I have dynoed my car before and I need to get back to the dyno but have not as of yet, European Car is talking about doing an article on the car and we talked about using there Dyno I will keep you posted.

Old 11-11-2005, 08:28 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by bli8
So that means it is ok for me to put a 100 shot nitrous kit on it. Right?
ahhh, whatever floats your boat. Modding this car w/forced induction defeats the entire purpose of the car, imo and is really nothing short of sacrilege. Better off buying a C2 and doing your turbo/super charger thing...

Old 11-11-2005, 10:23 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Looks nice.. but why the need to have the pipes welded together like that? On the turbos that's a very bad idea in terms of the heat expansion and motor movement.. That's going to break at some point due to that

Old 11-11-2005, 10:27 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by sharkster
Looks nice.. but why the need to have the pipes welded together like that? On the turbos that's a very bad idea in terms of the heat expansion and motor movement.. That's going to break at some point due to that
The Cargraphic and perhaps PSI system are an exact clone of that system(visually). I have not heard of any issues with the pipes separating...they have to be formed that way in order to fit with equal tube length headers...no way around it really...

Old 11-11-2005, 10:31 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
What kind of perf. gains and figures are you expecting from your 410 power kit or against another car, jw

Old 11-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is on a distinguished road
It's welded together because its an X pipe.Our ECU guy designed the system and so far never had a problem.

Neil

Old 11-11-2005, 10:38 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Neil
It's welded together because its an X pipe.Our ECU guy designed the system and so far never had a problem.

Neil
Oh I was talking about rennworx'.. Hmm ok well still a bad idea in my opinion... It better to have flex joints or something to that effect to make sure that when there's stress there's some play...

Old 11-11-2005, 10:41 PM
The Cargraphic and perhaps PSI system are an exact clone of that system(visually). I have not heard of any issues with the pipes separating...they have to be formed that way in order to fit with equal tube length headers...no way around it really...
Yeah I hear ya man.. I'd guess an extra bend but that'd suck I'd still like to see some flex piping to give it some play like FVD does or just a slightly different design similair to Europipe...

Old 11-12-2005, 09:39 AM
TSP-MIAMI is on a distinguished road
Sharkey is right about possible cracks or breakage. But the boys at Manthey were quite happy from testing the original prototype exhaust system at Hockinheim and Nurburgring circuits. Herr Manthey there after approved the exhaust to be built by his exhaust supplier. As you see on Bill's GT3, the exhaust system is well built. Just like the CG system.

Theo

Old 11-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Banned
This system hasbeen used for the last two years both in racing and everyday use by Manthey and there customers at the Nurbugring and around Europe. I think if there was going to be problems we would have seen it by now.

I believe the PSI & Cragraphic systems all have top merit this is just another take on how to do it. This system has a long positve pedigree in Europe.

Old 11-12-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by TSP-MIAMI
Sharkey is right about possible cracks or breakage. But the boys at Manthey were quite happy from testing the original prototype exhaust system at Hockinheim and Nurburgring circuits. Herr Manthey there after approved the exhaust to be built by his exhaust supplier. As you see on Bill's GT3, the exhaust system is well built. Just like the CG system.

Theo
Thanks man... I'm no sexpert but just pointing out some possible weaknesses since we've seen exhaust fail on these cars before for similair reasons. I'm not sure what gauge steel it is and hopefully nobody uses Titanium... I guess with the thicker gauge steel- heck if it's proven it's proven

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modding a GT3