GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GT3 RS Carbon Fibre Wing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 06:14 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
GT3 RS Carbon Fibre Wing

thanks to James Wong and Sharky and James of Shark Werks...

before
after
more after

Old 11-12-2005, 06:27 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Chuck... I'm so glad you got that wing. It deserves to be on a White GT3 with a gnarly exhaust! Did I mention how much I love those straight pipes?

Great to meet you finally and scare away those civics!!!

PS Chuck is living proof that when I flash I do NOT do so in a Pervert's Rain Coat. I do so in SharkWear

Old 11-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Bri
EE
Bri has a spectacular aura aboutBri has a spectacular aura about
Damn that RS wing looks so hot.. so proper for a GT3...

good job Alex!

Old 11-12-2005, 06:56 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
gt3 rs wing always looks good

Old 11-12-2005, 07:43 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
quote: originally posted by sharky

Chuck... I'm so glad you got that wing. It deserves to be on a White GT3 with a gnarly exhaust! Did I mention how much I love those straight pipes?

Great to meet you finally and scare away those civics!!!

PS Chuck is living proof that when I flash I do NOT do so in a Pervert's Rain Coat. I do so in SharkWear
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alex, it was great to finally meet even though Robert wasn't around with some Patron for us to enjoy! Thanks again for the good work and the "civics" approve highly...I would like to provide testimony that you don't flash in a rain coat but you kept disappearing and when I talked to the ladies taking a smoke break a couple of doors down they asked me if I knew who the guy in the raincoat was...they said he was always jumping on the backs of cars (you know, like a dog humping your leg) and muttering the theme from Jaws...what's that all about? One of them thinks he's cute (I hope your wife doesn't read this forum)...anyway...I will testify that you didn't act like a pervert while I was there...

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-12-2005 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:24 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
RS wing

Looks sweet Chuck. Now I know how it would look on my car. Notice you've done the muffler bypass too. I know its loud, but I'm hooked. I hope you've removed your stock mufflers to save the weight since its significant. Did you change your front spoiler to the cup unit? I'm thinking about the RS nose but want to find someone who can install it right including reangling the radiator.
Your car is looking sweet bro keep it up. Let me know whatever good stuff you have planned.

Last edited by NelsonF; 11-12-2005 at 11:38 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Administrator
thanks, Nelson...I'm sure you could tell I have the muffler bypass by the color of my tips...did you ever get an answer as to what could be used to keep them from bronzing?...you bet I took the mufflers off...did the bypass as much to lose the weight as for the sound (of course that was before I heard it...be loud and proud bro!)...haven't done the RS nose...talked to Arling about it (he has done one so you might want to talk to him about the radiator)...he linked me to some pics and the color match looked perfect out of the box unlike some comments I've heard that the RS nose is not Carrara White)...Considering the cargraphic spoiler to add front downforce rather than doing the complete nose (eliminates any possible color match problems, radiator problems, is a hell of a lot cheaper (read "able to do more mods") and adds similar downforce)...Thinking hard about the RS suspension kit from Gert...would make a great stocking stuffer! Cheers

Old 11-12-2005, 09:47 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Wing

I see you've been considering the same things. I don't think we'll be able to fix the issue with the bypass tips- too much heat going on there. I have been considering a quieter setup combined with reprogrammed ECU from Cargraphic, PSI/Orton, Manthey but am not convinced the difference in power would be really be there. While, I've been considering other car options (CGT), truth be told, I really like the GT3 for the lighter handling feel and hi-reving n/a engine. I've engcouraged Gert at Carnewall to put together a group buy for the RS suspension pieces. I think combined with the right shocks and springs, its the hot ticket for our cars. BTW, have you done the lightweight flywheel/clutch combo? If not , I highly recommend as it really improves engine reaction and feel. I'm torn between making it a project that I'll enjoy over time over moving to the hot car of the moment which has been my usual inclination. Just too many options these days. However, if I was truthful to myself, I'd have to admit a high degree of satisifaction with the GT3. Too bad I'm not able to get it on the track more often. Frankly,even the carrara white color adds to its mystique to me. Porsche races these platforms so they really have worked out all the optimum solutions. Posts like yours encourages me to hang with it for a while longer.
I hope to see more so that I'll stay motivated to keep it since its really the most practical thing to do. Damn cars are a hard habit to break. Thanks again.

Last edited by NelsonF; 11-16-2005 at 09:55 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Administrator
BTW, have you done the lightweight flywheel/clutch combo? If not , I highly recommend as it really improves engine reaction and feel.
Yeah Nelson, I would really like to do that but do I dare say that I have been waiting to see if I have an RMS leak?

Old 11-12-2005, 10:18 PM
wing

Chuck,

There is a way to do it, especially if you have a cool dealer. All I had to do was mention that I suspected it and coordinated all the parts to update to the lightweight flywheel with Devek. Austin will take care of you there. It's definetely the best way to get it done.

Old 11-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Administrator
There is a way to do it, especially if you have a cool dealer.
I KNEW IT!!! You are my evil twin...

Old 11-12-2005, 10:35 PM
wing

Pm me when you get ready to do it. Your car is too nice not to enjoy this update.

Old 11-13-2005, 12:59 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by VSE Chuck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alex, it was great to finally meet even though Robert wasn't around with some Patron for us to enjoy! Thanks again for the good work and the "civics" approve highly...I would like to provide testimony that you don't flash in a rain coat but you kept disappearing and when I talked to the ladies taking a smoke break a couple of doors down they asked me if I knew who the guy in the raincoat was...they said he was always jumping on the backs of cars (you know, like a dog humping your leg) and muttering the theme from Jaws...what's that all about? One of them thinks he's cute (I hope your wife doesn't read this forum)...anyway...I will testify that you didn't act like a pervert while I was there...
Robert was there in spirit but in reality he was probably pulled over on the side of the road having a sleep in his CLS-55 with 3 babes he brought back from the Latin Music Awards.... I'm glad the civics do. I have wing envy Mine's not big enough! I need to get more videos of GT3s with straight pipes. Sadly our turbo cars never sound that good. They just can't with the turbos on there...

My wife gave up reading my drivel years ago.. Poor woman used to have to edit my articles before going to print so reading my 6speed fooder is probably about as exciting to her as watching me hump my 5 inch tail pipes (with the Jaws theme of course). I think Arling is too afraid for me to come down there... He knows at any moment the rain coat opens and the laptop comes out...

Old 11-13-2005, 04:15 AM
JWGT2 will become famous soon enoughJWGT2 will become famous soon enough
Chuck:
Wow, your car looks hot. CF on white really sets it off! Look forward to seeing you at the track one of these days.

James

Old 11-13-2005, 05:42 AM
robots_are_neon is on a distinguished road
hot!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS Carbon Fibre Wing