GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Charge for Euro pickup??? WTF?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 04:49 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
Charge for Euro pickup??? WTF?

I was planning to pick up my 991.2 GT3 manual in Zuffenhausen next fall. I noticed that Porsche has imposed a pickup charge of $1510 when it had a $0 pickup charge before ( and for a long long time). 10-12 years ago they charged $2K plus a $10K bond to pick up a car but they dropped that and now it is creeping back with the GT3. Surprisingly, there is no pickup charge for the GTS or the GT2RS.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:55 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Interesting, I am slated to pick up my 991.2 GT3 in Leipzig next Spring 2018 (I wasn't aware that Zuffenhausen was now open for Euro Deliveries) and my SA hasn't mentioned a pick up charge...yet.

Old 09-19-2017, 04:47 PM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by akunob
Interesting, I am slated to pick up my 991.2 GT3 in Leipzig next Spring 2018 (I wasn't aware that Zuffenhausen was now open for Euro Deliveries) and my SA hasn't mentioned a pick up charge...yet.
I have always picked my Porsches up in Stuttgart. It's close to France and Switzerland. Nothing like St, Moritz in a new Porsche.

BTW- It seems that the fee for pickup was removed from the site from earlier today to this evening. What's going on with Porsche?

Last edited by lrattner; 09-19-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:52 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Euro delivery is unavailable in Zuffenhausen through Q1'2018 due to construction at Porsche's facility, which is why I have to pick up my car in Leipzig. However I noted that you mentioned yours is a Fall 2018 delivery, so I presume the Zuffenhausen location will be open by then.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.