GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Ready to purchase lower optioned 2018 GT3. Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 07:49 AM
shamoo has a spectacular aura aboutshamoo has a spectacular aura about
Ready to purchase lower optioned 2018 GT3. Thoughts?

I'm about ready to pull the trigger at one of my local dealers on a 2018 GT3. It has a relatively low MSRP in the mid $160s. Oh, and it is a manual.

My main wants are (which this has):
P11 - Full buckets
474 - Front axle lift
EKH - Carbon interior package
X69 - Door sills in carbon
QR5 - Sport Chrono
...and a few other small things like satin wheels, silver belts, and a fire extinguisher :P

It is low optioned, so missing a few things. But given the rarity of GT3s now, I'm wondering what everyone else's thoughts are if I don't have the following (which I would like).

LED headlights (it has the Xenon)
Extended range tank
Bose/Burmeister sound system
I thought all 2017s and up have Apple Carplay, but I didn't notice it. Also the 2018 Turbo I test drove didn't have it either.
Voice control? I have navigation, but it doesn't mention it.
Painted side skirts...pricey option, I could probably have it done at body shop for cheaper?

Anything else folks feel are absolutely necessary on the new GT3s that are missing on this?

Thanks for the insight. Probably will pick it up this weekend if things look good.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:55 AM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
Is the dealer giving it to you at MSRP ?
Elliot

Old 12-04-2017, 09:02 AM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shamoo

It is low optioned, so missing a few things. But given the rarity of GT3s now, I'm wondering what everyone else's thoughts are if I don't have the following (which I would like).

LED headlights (it has the Xenon)
Extended range tank
Bose/Burmeister sound system
I thought all 2017s and up have Apple Carplay, but I didn't notice it. Also the 2018 Turbo I test drove didn't have it either.
Painted side skirts...pricey option, I could probably have it done at body shop for cheaper?

Anything else folks feel are absolutely necessary on the new GT3s that are missing on this?

Thanks for the insight. Probably will pick it up this weekend if things look good.
LED headlights (it has the Xenon) - no big deal. My Bi-xenon are better at night then my LED's on my new car. I would never spend for this option unless you like the "cool" factor.
Extended range tankpersonally is a must for many but if not going to flip the car who cares
Bose/Burmeister sound system no loss here
I thought all 2017s and up have Apple Carplay, but I didn't notice it. Also the 2018 Turbo I test drove didn't have it either.yes should be standard
Painted side skirts...pricey option, I could probably have it done at body shop for cheaper?I like this but not a deal breaker

Anything else folks feel are absolutely necessary on the new GT3s that are missing on this?I think the biggest miss and the reason I would not buy the car and wouldn't even look at used cars when I just bought mine was NO LEATHER. I cannot dream of owning a $170+ car with a plastic dash. Again just my opinion

Old 12-04-2017, 12:33 PM
shamoo has a spectacular aura aboutshamoo has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Turbohead
Is the dealer giving it to you at MSRP ?
Elliot
Nope.

Originally Posted by Goin2drt
LED headlights (it has the Xenon) - no big deal. My Bi-xenon are better at night then my LED's on my new car. I would never spend for this option unless you like the "cool" factor.
Extended range tankpersonally is a must for many but if not going to flip the car who cares
Bose/Burmeister sound system no loss here
I thought all 2017s and up have Apple Carplay, but I didn't notice it. Also the 2018 Turbo I test drove didn't have it either.yes should be standard
Painted side skirts...pricey option, I could probably have it done at body shop for cheaper?I like this but not a deal breaker

Anything else folks feel are absolutely necessary on the new GT3s that are missing on this?I think the biggest miss and the reason I would not buy the car and wouldn't even look at used cars when I just bought mine was NO LEATHER. I cannot dream of owning a $170+ car with a plastic dash. Again just my opinion
Thanks for the feedback! I ended up NOT getting this one and getting a white one instead that came in the day before. Signed the paperwork and I'm getting it delivered next Saturday.

It has everything I was concerned about (LEDs, full leather, extended tank, etc).

It doesn't have the carbon buckets, but oh well. Everything else worked out.

Old 12-04-2017, 02:16 PM
GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !GT3Fan24 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by shamoo
Nope.

Thanks for the feedback! I ended up NOT getting this one and getting a white one instead that came in the day before. Signed the paperwork and I'm getting it delivered next Saturday.

It has everything I was concerned about (LEDs, full leather, extended tank, etc).

It doesn't have the carbon buckets, but oh well. Everything else worked out.

Congrats and you will find the sofas wonderful unless you track more than not. I only track a few times so the sofas were a must in my search. Cheers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.