GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

New type of Coolant Pipe leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2018, 09:55 PM
Zbird is a name known to allZbird is a name known to allZbird is a name known to allZbird is a name known to allZbird is a name known to allZbird is a name known to all
New type of Coolant Pipe leak

The first two pictures show where the crack is, this is not my car. You see the area with the crack marked in red. I found those pictures online.

The rest of the pictures shows my leak.

A part of the housing has broken off the Water Pump Housing because of an impact.

I'd like to find out if there is a way to weld this without having to pull the motor. I have looked at pictures of the motor pulled and can't make out if the aluminium plate that is on the rear of the motor can be removed while it is in the car. This plate prevents access to the rear of the crack in order to weld it.

A second idea, if that is not possible, might be to just weld the opening of the housing shut and feed coolant into the passenger side of the engine from somewhere else with a flexible or stainless pipe. I have already turned around the 90 degree inlet pipe which goes into the engine block.

Am I totally off the rocker here?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Is there a coolant flow diagram?