GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

2011 / 2012 GT2, GT3 Lithium Replacement Battery

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 09:40 AM
mthaynes is a jewel in the roughmthaynes is a jewel in the roughmthaynes is a jewel in the rough
2011 / 2012 GT2, GT3 Lithium Replacement Battery

Hello all. Most if not all of the original 2011/ 2012 Lithium batteries are about to die. Mine started having issues late last year. I have had the battery on order with Porsche since Oct 2018 and the order system says the Part has been “released” but my dealer has not received the battery. Is anyone aware of issues getting these batteries.

Yes it is a Motorsport part

Old 02-25-2019, 01:38 PM
Former Vendor
Antigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mthaynes
Hello all. Most if not all of the original 2011/ 2012 Lithium batteries are about to die. Mine started having issues late last year. I have had the battery on order with Porsche since Oct 2018 and the order system says the Part has been “released” but my dealer has not received the battery. Is anyone aware of issues getting these batteries.

Yes it is a Motorsport part
IF you are interested in Litium Batteries you might want to check out what we are doing.... we have every type and level of Lithium Batteries for Racing, Performance or Passneger Cars. Our latest battery even offer WIRELESS built-in Jump Starting... some into on that below.

But we are Antigravity Batteries. antigravitybatteries.com

– We wanted to make the new battery accessible for more Vehicles and Customers. We found many people just wanted the EXACT SIZE that fit in their car. So that is what we did, the new batteries are a DIRECT OEM FIT. Meaning it is the same size as your stock battery, so you will not need a special tray or any other adapters or modifications to mount them. Being this is a GT3 Forum you guys will mostly ever be concerned with the H6/Group48 size battery. So we did that size and also the H5 and H7. Plus we will have Group 35 ,and Group 51 and expand out from there. But the "H" sizes are used in most all the Porsches, and other Euro Sports Cars including BMW, Audi, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc.... so these will fit them all.

– We have also made the batteries available in different amp hours. The Amp Hours Capacities available for the H6/Group48 model are 24Ah, 30Ah, and 40Ah. By offering different amp hours the Customer can choose a battery that is more tailored to what they are looking for. For example people who track and want the lightest weight possible might want the 24Ah (9.5lbs), a person who wants to have a solid Ah yet still benefit substantially from Lightweight can go with a 30Ah (11.5lbs) and a person who might have some Cameras, Radar Detectors and other stuff on the Car might want a 40Ah Battery (16lbs) TT Guys or SUV guys. Keep in mind if you use a 24Ah battery you will not have as much time that the car can sit in storage compared to a 40Ah model.

– SUPER COOL NEW FEATURE ALERT!!! So one of the ULTRA-COOL items we developed into this latest battery (yep, first in the world) is a WIRELESS KEYFOB REMOTE that is used to operate our RE-START built in Jump-Starting feature. If you are not familiar with our RE-START feature, its basically a built-in jump starting for the battery, so in the event you ever come back to a dead battery you can awaken the battery with the Keyfob and start the car and drive off. So in effect you would never be stranded with a dead battery.

- OK, let me set this up.... wait for it.......... Antigravity raises its arms in Triumph, applause from the smiling Porsche enthusiast crowd, some Unicorns dancing off to the side.... and states...... " WITH THIS KEYFOB, YOU WON"T EVER BE LOCKED OUT OF YOUR FRUNK AGAIN!" crowd goes wild... fade to black. Ok, so maybe not so exciting for some of you, but it is a big deal for some of us. . First day I got my GT3, on a battery swap I locked myself out of the frunk and cursed how stupid it was to have to go to the Fuse Panel and energize the car to open the frunk, so with the new Keyfob just press the button on the Keyfob, the Battery then awakens and energizes your car to be ready for a Start or you can just open the Frunk.

- Weight of the Batteries H6/Group48 Case @24Ah is 9.8 lbs , H6/Group48 Case @30Ah is (11.5lbs) , H6/Group48 Case @40Ah is (16.5.5lbs).

-Availability.... finished production will be at the end of February we expect to be shipping in first week of March. We are initially doing the 24Ah and 40Ah models, the 30Ah Version will not be in until April. I currently have 10 pieces of H6 @24Ah models and 10 pieces of H6 @ 40Ah that we have used to take pictures, and develop Marketing materials, some we will be sent Industry people, but unfortunately that is not enough to openly sell them yet. So early March if not a week before we can start shipping.

Some pictures are below... if you have any questions please let me know.

SPECIALIZING IN LIGHTWEIGHT, HI-POWER LITHIUM-ION MOTORSPORT BATTERIES
The Most Advanced Lithium-Ion Starter Batteries Available....
Antigravity Lithium-Ion Batteries // 310 527 2330 // Scott@antigravitybatteries.comom

Last edited by Antigravity Batteries; 02-26-2019 at 04:55 PM. Reason: correcting info
Old 03-02-2019, 07:13 AM
mthaynes is a jewel in the roughmthaynes is a jewel in the roughmthaynes is a jewel in the rough
Which model battery will fit a 2011 GT2 RS? Currently has the Porsche lithium battery that was available that year

Old 03-02-2019, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor
Antigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant futureAntigravity Batteries has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mthaynes
Which model battery will fit a 2011 GT2 RS? Currently has the Porsche lithium battery that was available that year
Should be the H6 Model. It will have the same base footrprint as the stock battery... which was a lead acid H6.... and you have that Lithium Option they offered that is a much lower profile.

YOu can email me at scott@antigravitybatteries.com if you have any other tech questions.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.