GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

The Z06 boys will be all fired up over this one... C&D comparo GT3 vs. Vette

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Old 02-01-2007, 12:29 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Oops Russ, took a little cough medicine and i sure am drowsy haha! BUT i thought you were asking how fast his Z06 went, ah well!

Old 02-01-2007, 03:29 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
LOL seriously you are a cool guy, too bad you choose to play the role of the trolling ***** in most peoples eyes

Byronmaui, I have an 06 Z06. It's puuuurty..

Old 02-01-2007, 03:30 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
Your time is coming. Your rep speaks for itself.
Martin, Quick, rep me some good reps so I can have 1 green box instead of the red one..

I still want to know how to rep people..

Old 02-01-2007, 05:56 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Oops Russ, took a little cough medicine and i sure am drowsy haha! BUT i thought you were asking how fast his Z06 went, ah well!
Too much tussin? Are you Robotrippin'? Step away from the keyboard. I don't want your sig to get any longer while you're in this condition. You may start adding cars from high school

Old 02-01-2007, 08:42 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Martin, Quick, rep me some good reps so I can have 1 green box instead of the red one..

I still want to know how to rep people..
So I guess you have a fanboy that negative reps everybody who bashes you for your ignorance.

Old 02-01-2007, 10:42 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I don't see how pointing out that the ZO6 is a faster car is ignorant. I mean obviously he is vette fan but the truth is the truth.

Maybe you guys don't like to hear it but it is objective and interesting info.

Old 02-01-2007, 02:54 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 05997S
I don't see how pointing out that the ZO6 is a faster car is ignorant. I mean obviously he is vette fan but the truth is the truth.

Maybe you guys don't like to hear it but it is objective and interesting info.
Because he does it over and over and over and over. There is no mystery to why all of the threads that he has many pots in get locked. He hardly has anything good to say about a Porsche at all. Look at his post history and see how many threads he has posted in that dont have to do with a Z06 vs whatever, there might be two. He is a troll. I am a corvette owner myself yet I do not go to various boards to try and proove that my car is faster. Or do you like that kind of behavior as well? People on various boards are going to be biased towards their cars which is why they join, but why join another board to be biased towards your own car and only start conflict.

I know the Z06 is faster, most of the other people here do too, the only decent argument is that as sold the GT3 could and has been faster on some tracks but it's a drivers race either way. There are ways to get your point across without being an ***, but SCvet00 deosnt seem to know any of them.

Old 02-01-2007, 03:30 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Too much tussin? Are you Robotrippin'? Step away from the keyboard. I don't want your sig to get any longer while you're in this condition. You may start adding cars from high school
Sure Deputy Meatwad

Old 02-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Byronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to beholdByronmaui is a splendid one to behold
This is what makes the world so great. Everyone loves different cars and are passionate towards them. Some people are more passionate than others but heck its great conversation piece. So what the guy defends the vette honor or the GT3 honor its no big deal and for all we know, these guys could be GM's for the cars they are defending or paid by the company they are defending. I think where the threads go bad is the internatization of comments and with that we get personal. I say let anyone preach about their bad a$$ cars and not get personal.

Just my Aloha sense,

Byron

Old 02-01-2007, 06:05 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Heavy, I understand but I don't really take this stuff to seriously so it doesn't bother me much. I really like them both so even if you say negative crap about the GT3 I don't belive it nor do I believe it when you say to many good things about the Vette. I happened to walk by a stack of about ten Corvette roofs at a dealer last night and thought it was funny enough to take a pic of. See if I can post it.

Like Byron says, if you don't get personal its just a bunch a internet bench racing and all in good fun.

Last edited by SD1; 02-01-2007 at 06:07 PM.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by 05997S
Heavy, I understand but I don't really take this stuff to seriously so it doesn't bother me much. I really like them both so even if you say negative crap about the GT3 I don't belive it nor do I believe it when you say to many good things about the Vette. I happened to walk by a stack of about ten Corvette roofs at a dealer last night and thought it was funny enough to take a pic of. See if I can post it.

Like Byron says, if you don't get personal its just a bunch a internet bench racing and all in good fun.
I dont either, I do get sick of people trying to intentionally stir things up and register for a forum and disrespect the people who do love the cars in which the forum was based on. It's a nuissance and IMO he should be banned for trolling, he is the definition of a troll. I love both cars too and wont hesitate to tell a porsche guy when he's wrong, but I am never biased in opinion. I hate it so much because this is part of the reason I dont really hang out at corvette forum that much anymore because people cant respect other brands of cars, grown men acting like little kids gets old after a while.

There are trolls like this on the corvette forums that are just as annoying and I would tell them the same. GO AWAY if you dont have anything good to say.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:30 PM
Formula1 is on a distinguished road
I have a 996 GT3 and love it. I've never owned a Corvette and never really wanted one until the C6 Z06 came out. Everytime I see one, I want one even more. I think GM got it right with respect to pedigree (C-6R)performance, cost and design. The ONLY thing that keeps me from buying one is all the quality issues right now. I'm hoping that GM works out all the bugs (roofs, heat in the cabin, etc.)

The 2007 ZO6 already has a reworked suspension that makes it more compliant on the track with mid corner bump steer. Should the other teething problems be worked out, I can see myself getting one. No one can doubt it is an outstanding car.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:03 AM
996Yayo will become famous soon enough
the fact that Car & Driver rated the Z06 higher than the GT3 doesn't mean **** to me. C&D approaches their comparisons with a sense of practicality...only there's one problem - none of the cars in this review are remotely practical. the Exige is a pure track car. the GT3 was built for the road, but let's face it - it's a track car. and the C6 Z06 may be the most practical of the three, but it's still hardly practical...even on the road. if C&D were targeting the enthusiast demographic (which should have been the goal, based on the ENTHUSIAST cars they just tested), categories like "trunk space" and "flexibility" would not have been part of the review. and while it certainly included plenty of performance measures in the review, C&D ruins it by factoring in all those non-performance measures, which ruins it for the true enthusiast. anyways, now that i'm done with my rant , it's interesting to take a look at who won what categories in the "final results" table:

some categories in which the C6 Z06 > 997 GT3:
1) trunk space
2) features/amenities
3) price
4) 1320ft. acceleration
5) flexibility (by this i'm assuming they mean versatility/practicality)
6) fuel economy
7) ride [quality]

...as you can see i bolded the ONLY performance figure...so if your purchasing decision weighs heavily upon the other categories, i suppose you'd want to buy a C6 Z06 over a 997 GT3 if you're looking for a softer ride, better mileage, more options, and more trunk space .

some categories in which the 997 GT3 > C6 Z06:
1) fit and finish
2) interior styling
3) engine noise & vibration
4) transmission
5) performance
6) steering feel
7) brake feel

...now granted quite a few of these categories have asterisks next to them, indicating that these measurements may have been tainted by other categories, and are thus not an ABSOLUTE measurement. so the Z06 came out on top with the highest score in C&D's grading system. and yet the GT3 wins most of the performance categories...hmm, what's going to matter more to the enthusiast?...i wonder

now i'm not saying i'd choose one car over the other (especially not with knowledge gained in this review). what i am saying is take a look at who is writing the review. we're getting a comparison of hardcore sports cars from a practicality/economy point of view.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:20 AM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
You Porsche guys just have a hard time accepting how superior the Vette in every way to the Porsche. It's almost a joke how a $70k American made car can stomp a hole in the *** of a $130k "Supercar". It is truly a joke...

VETTES RULLLLEEEEEE!!!!!! PORSCHES SUXORS!!!!!

There, I've made my point, I'm going back to finish watching Magnum.

Old 02-02-2007, 09:39 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
You tell'em Tom. Remember, Chevy is the heartbeat of America

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

Quick Reply: The Z06 boys will be all fired up over this one... C&D comparo GT3 vs. Vette