Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Tooo bad we don't get these seats and Roll Bar from the factory here in the US!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 12:57 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
nice to see you over here emil...btw...when did you get the 430? I must have missed that one... congrats!

Old 02-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
That first shot is fabulous. Love those seats and roll bar!

Thx DJ!

Old 02-15-2007, 03:26 PM
emilgh is infamous around these partsemilgh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BCS996TT
nice to see you over here emil...btw...when did you get the 430? I must have missed that one... congrats!

Picked up the F430 just after Thanksgiving from Miele. Clear Bra from DD and a Capristo installation... Shipped it out to LA last week... before the snow hit.

I'm hoping to make it down to C&C this weekend...

Old 02-15-2007, 03:32 PM
BCS996TT is infamous around these parts
nice!!! Miele's the man! Congrats again...looks sweet!

Old 02-15-2007, 07:10 PM
doccao is infamous around these parts
Ditto...those seats and roll bar are enough to want to order that car! Must resist (think about something else)!

Old 02-15-2007, 11:28 PM
Zeus has a spectacular aura aboutZeus has a spectacular aura about
I suppose I’m being too pessimistic here…

It’s sounding more & more like I will never be able to option out a future 997 GT2 the way I REALLY want one; in other words, a 550+ horsepower turbocharged version of a ROW GT3 RS with those seats, roll bar, etc… Don’t even get me started on the whole “sunroof” thing.

I know it has been discussed here before, but seriously, it makes me want to buy one overseas and ship it back regardless of cost & headaches – or one day own a residence overseas.

Good thing we have Sharky here for us though.

Sorry for the rant…

Beautiful picks DJ, thanks!

Old 02-16-2007, 01:36 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
You would think that Porsche would make a nicer bar than that..

Luckily we already have....

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 02-16-2007 at 01:39 AM.
Old 02-16-2007, 06:20 AM
Banned
911_997S is infamous around these parts
anyone make a "stock" cage in cf?
that would look nutty, especially w/ those seats

Old 02-16-2007, 11:05 AM
JAY@BRANDYWINE is infamous around these parts
I have both the seats and the rollbars on order from Porsche AG, but they have not released them yet, give it some time and they will be available, i cant wait to get them into my stock, they are sexy

Old 02-16-2007, 12:13 PM
emilgh is infamous around these partsemilgh is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Luckily we already have....
Link? Pricing? Availability?

I'm placing some orders this week!

Old 02-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by emilgh
Link? Pricing? Availability?

I'm placing some orders this week!

Here is a picture

An evolution of the factory Tequipment bar, our GT Cup bar is made of 4130 ChroMoly Tubing that has been tig welded and normalized for superior strength and rigidity. A common problem of the factory T equipment bar is that it requires the use of 1-piece fixed back GT3 style seats for proper leg room. If you are 5’10” and taller moving the seat back far enough is a challenge with factory bar. The GMG 997 GT Cup Harness/Roll Bar offers these key features.

- Made of ChroMoly Tubing that has been carefully tig welded and normalized
- Designed to work standard reclining seats or GT3 fixed back seats offering drivers the ability to move the seat all the way back (Not possible with the factory Tequipment Rollbar as on a 996)
- Designed to work with clip in kit for harness (no need to drill holes in your floor to mount the harness anchors)
- Additional cross-brace for increased rigidity and strength
- Comes complete with all hardware to install. Mounts like the factory bar –(directly to seat belt anchors, no cutting required of car or carpet)
- Available in Standard Satin Black finish or Bavarian Silver powder coat (optional color matching to your car available)
- Weight comparison Factory T Equipment Bar (Not track legal with most sanctioning bodies) in Stainless steel 28 lbs./GMG Harness bar 36lbs.
- Installation at our facility is available and recommended.
- Shipping available (oversized)

Fitment: All 997 coupes including GT3, GT3RS and 997TT
(Please specify with our without sunroof)
Price: $1495.00

More info can be found here

http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_interior.shtml

Old 02-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
Tommy6030 is infamous around these parts
great find DJ! Perfection out of the box

Old 02-16-2007, 01:11 PM
DavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud of
All GT3s should have the roll bar and these seats. You can't sit in the back anyway.

Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
Those seats are bad ***. I bet they'll cost in the neighborhood of $7k for the pair. If not more....

The roll bar is a no cost option (only available if ordered with lightweight seats though). The alcantara seats are 4700 euro and the full leather seats are 7175 euro.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:47 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Here is a picture

An evolution of the factory Tequipment bar, our GT Cup bar is made of 4130 ChroMoly Tubing that has been tig welded and normalized for superior strength and rigidity. A common problem of the factory T equipment bar is that it requires the use of 1-piece fixed back GT3 style seats for proper leg room. If you are 5’10” and taller moving the seat back far enough is a challenge with factory bar. The GMG 997 GT Cup Harness/Roll Bar offers these key features.

- Made of ChroMoly Tubing that has been carefully tig welded and normalized
- Designed to work standard reclining seats or GT3 fixed back seats offering drivers the ability to move the seat all the way back (Not possible with the factory Tequipment Rollbar as on a 996)
- Designed to work with clip in kit for harness (no need to drill holes in your floor to mount the harness anchors)
- Additional cross-brace for increased rigidity and strength
- Comes complete with all hardware to install. Mounts like the factory bar –(directly to seat belt anchors, no cutting required of car or carpet)
- Available in Standard Satin Black finish or Bavarian Silver powder coat (optional color matching to your car available)
- Weight comparison Factory T Equipment Bar (Not track legal with most sanctioning bodies) in Stainless steel 28 lbs./GMG Harness bar 36lbs.
- Installation at our facility is available and recommended.
- Shipping available (oversized)

Fitment: All 997 coupes including GT3, GT3RS and 997TT
(Please specify with our without sunroof)
Price: $1495.00

More info can be found here

http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_interior.shtml
hi fabryce@gmg racing you say installation at your facility recommended,i'm on east coast in nj.do you have have recommened install shop out here?and how much to color match exterior color? and my car has sunroof.and what type of belts do you recommend, thanks

Old 02-19-2007, 05:16 PM
24lemans is infamous around these parts
I would love to have these seats in my 996 GT3. Does anybody know if the bracket spacing is the same between the 997 and 996?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tooo bad we don't get these seats and Roll Bar from the factory here in the US!