GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GMG Wins Redline Time Attack @ Ca Speedway Overall!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Jonathan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Congrats and good job

Old 02-16-2007, 07:22 PM
stuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura aboutstuart997gt3 has a spectacular aura about
way to go guy's congrats........

Old 02-16-2007, 09:21 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
congrats guys!! that is awesome.. what tires were you running??

Old 02-16-2007, 09:31 PM
PorscheCt33 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Congrats Fabryce! It's great to see some events are still letting you use the Cup car...

That AMS Evo is a monster - it put down more power than the dyno could handle. They estimated power at (IIRC) 1028awhp.
That is not the same evo, this one
(ta1)put down aroung 580awhp.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:14 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Wow awesome, congrats Fabryce!!! BTW, im jealous of your damn white GT2's LOL

Old 02-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Henjie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
One thing I must mention which was brought to our attention. In the morning session ( rain) the Silvia was running a NON DOT approved tire in those sessions. We were not aware of this until some of the other competitors came over to us and asked by we werent running a rain slick. This was brought up to the other team and they changed to a "DOT" tire for the afternoon sessions..hmmmmmmmmm
Quoting JIC:

"Sunday proved to be less than favorable for weather. Rain soaked most of the morning with the track having a quite a few crashes and puddles. Undeterred, the team slapped on the Hankook Ventus Z207 rain race tires and went out onto the track. The tires and Tyler's confidence with driving in the rain proved to be the key combination in having the fastest laps during morning practice. So fast that we were 6 seconds ahead of GMG 996 GT3 Cup car.

The rain went away for the actual time attack sessions and we switched back to our sticky Ventus Z214 tires. With some adjustments on the suspension, the mechanics assured Tyler that the car was set up so that we can post up our lap time goal of 1:08. The cars set out on the track with the top 5 cars in the same group. It was clear that the Hankook Tires / JIC USA Nissan Silvia was on par with AMS' Evo 8 and GMG's 996 GT3 Cup Car. With all the top teams on the sidelines recording lap times, everyone was on their toes knowing that all the lap times were too close to call."

Full article.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:04 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AndyZ
Did anyone give you guys **** for bringing a cup car?

'Cause really...theres no way you guys would have not gotten the fastest time.

Any cries of "unfair"?

Mostly everyone was pretty cool about the car being there.. There are some people who dont understand what the 996cup car is.. Everyone thinks its a specially built race car. But when you get down to the basics. It is a car that is built from a production 996 chassis. It even has a full vin. It has a cage welded in at the factory ( it is not seam welded) and the engine and gearbox are pretty much the same units found in a 996GT3 street car. I wont argue that our car is developed in terms of the suspension, aero - gear ratios and the engine makes more power.

But them bottom line is if you took apart a street GT3 and a Cup car the similarities and the ability to interchange parts is very close.

Looking at some of the other front running cars they have twice the technology poured into them than our car does.

I guess if you show up with a Porsche you are expected to win?

I think the organizers of Time Attack events should take the top 5-10 cars that have the proper safety equipment installed and make sure the drivers have proper competition credentials and let them do an exhibition sprint race nothing long maybe 10 laps or so.

Would certainly be worth while to watch.

I am all for good competition... The more the better.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:49 AM
flynduc is on a distinguished road
Fabryce,

If the GT3 cup cars run in a 10 lap competition (a sprint race) with these other cars.... I think your competition will get smoked big time. Most of these cars probably can't last in a race anyway due to the high level of modification in these turbo charged cars. The level of competition both in terms of car development and drivers are so much more advanced in the Speedchallenge that James is running in, so I think you guys just went out to have fun and get some great exposures. You guys are definitely in a different league.
Great Job...

I had fun too and that's all weekend trackdays are all about!

Kalvin

Old 02-19-2007, 01:02 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by flynduc
Fabryce,

If the GT3 cup cars run in a 10 lap competition (a sprint race) with these other cars.... I think your competition will get smoked big time. Most of these cars probably can't last in a race anyway due to the high level of modification in these turbo charged cars. The level of competition both in terms of car development and drivers are so much more advanced in the Speedchallenge that James is running in, so I think you guys just went out to have fun and get some great exposures. You guys are definitely in a different league.
Great Job...

I had fun too and that's all weekend trackdays are all about!

Kalvin

Kalvin

Agreed..100%...................................

Although,I must point out that the information on JIC website is incorrect. The margin in the rain was not 6 seconds it was .6 seconds. . Not to mention the fact that the Sylvia was running a NON DOT RAIN RACE SLICK and we were on a set of full tread DOT Toyo RA-1's...
If any of you know anything about rain tires you know that a true rain slick is superior to any DOT tire....Period

The Engineer from Hankook also came over and apologized when we asked about the tires. He said " He didnt know what was legal to run and what wasnt" Uhuh....

Its funny how this is one of the biggest rules in Time Attack and they didnt know about it...........

I have no problem with anyone running a fair event. If you are going to run then run fair and let the best man win.

But thats just my .02 cents..

Kalvin - I had a chance to look at some of your driving.... Pretty impressive you have "skills"

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 02-19-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:26 AM
flynduc is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Fabryce@GMGRacing
Kalvin

Agreed..100%...................................

Although,I must point out that the information on JIC website is incorrect. The margin in the rain was not 6 seconds it was .6 seconds. . Not to mention the fact that the Sylvia was running a NON DOT RAIN RACE SLICK and we were on a set of full tread DOT Toyo RA-1's...
If any of you know anything about rain tires you know that a true rain slick is superior to any DOT tire....Period

The Engineer from Hankook also came over and apologized when we asked about the tires. He said " He didnt know what was legal to run and what wasnt" Uhuh....

Its funny how this is one of the biggest rules in Time Attack and they didnt know about it...........

I have no problem with anyone running a fair event. If you are going to run then run fair and let the best man win.

But thats just my .02 cents..

Kalvin - I had a chance to look at some of your driving.... Pretty impressive you have "skills"

Thanks Fabryce. GMG did a great job in the suspension set up.
Car felt good. Considering that I did not get any practice at all in the dry, I was pretty satifsied with my own performance.
I checked the time and I did manage to go below 1:13s in the second session. I did a 1;12.8 or something like that....

Old 02-19-2007, 12:18 PM
alkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura aboutalkyoneus has a spectacular aura about
were they joking putting in the yaris there? lol

Old 02-19-2007, 12:56 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by alkyoneus
were they joking putting in the yaris there? lol

Thats the really cool thing about these events.

There is a class for everyone. And as far as I am concearned . Hats off to the guy in the Yaris . At least he was out there having a good time and enjoying the competition.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:03 PM
ztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to behold
I cannot wait to see how ya'lls 997cup car looks.

Old 02-21-2007, 11:36 PM
goldakma is on a distinguished road
found this pic on evolutionm.net of your car

Old 02-22-2007, 12:55 AM
Former Vendor
Gotta admit thats pretty tough!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GMG Wins Redline Time Attack @ Ca Speedway Overall!