GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

SharkWerks GT3/GT3RS Muffler Bypass Released (with videos)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 05:55 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ty328
Damn! That sound sick, I can't wait to hear it live. You and James just keep bring all the P-car into a different level, that's why you guys are so well know in the Bay Area. Keep up the good work.
Hey Tony, thanks ever so much for saying that. We're trying hard

PS We still need to a get a real video done of your car too!

Old 09-25-2007, 05:57 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by scslite
Sounds nice Alex! That's a good comparison from stock. Really nice to see you guys coming up with your own stuff. It's always a pleasure chatting up with James about his mad creations. Now I really want a GT3!
Hey ScSlite, first of all thanks so much for coming out on saturday. Even though it rained, I think Luis would have loved it!

And I think your turbo only has like 2X the torque of ours lol! James is mad, that much is true... Although he actually made a full bypass and it reminded me of the black car too much

Old 09-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
Alex,
Great job on the exhaust, but more importantly the video....that's what will sell this exhaust. So many of these videos sound just horrible, yours is always clear (Fred's video with the Cargraphic exhaust, for example) and the comparison to stock is great. Good luck with this piece.

Bill

Old 09-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by Bill in Atlanta
Alex,
Great job on the exhaust, but more importantly the video....that's what will sell this exhaust. So many of these videos sound just horrible, yours is always clear (Fred's video with the Cargraphic exhaust, for example) and the comparison to stock is great. Good luck with this piece.

Bill
Hi Bill, cheers very much.. we tried to have a stocker vs ours as in the second video and now of course the orange one is no longer stock

Old 09-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by Brian Haske
Sounds good man,

your neighbors must love you guys! hahaha

Just like your "old" neighbors and that damn blow off valve in the evo
Those were the days my friend. I can see it now... you were dealing with a customer and then suddenly "Pshshsshshs". I don't know how you kept a straight face

As for our neighbors they're a little scared right now... Today we had two greenies, ours and Freds, an orange one and a white one as well. Ours has the exhaust, the orange one now has the exhaust, Fred's is already loud and about to become more ferocious and luckily the white one is stock _for now_.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:38 PM
bigsky is on a distinguished road
Wow!
Having dealt with Alex on my 996 GT3... you're the best

Old 09-26-2007, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by bigsky
Wow!
Having dealt with Alex on my 996 GT3... you're the best
My pleasure and I've got my fingers crossed for you on the RS

Old 09-26-2007, 01:17 AM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
sounds great! thanks for taking the time to shoot the videos and show us the comparisons!

Old 09-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by ThisFlyGuy
sounds great! thanks for taking the time to shoot the videos and show us the comparisons!
Thanks ThisFlyGuy, it's not hard driving around in those RS' but someone's gotta do it

PS Guys, I've added you folks to this list that are interested and we should be ready to ship in a couple of weeks....

Old 09-26-2007, 03:47 PM
Also up on youtube as requested for the guys that can't seem to view it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbGuKKYtqtI

Old 09-26-2007, 04:19 PM
alam is on a distinguished road
Very Very Nice!!!

Old 09-26-2007, 07:58 PM
Thanks guys... the orange one is now all Shark-a-fied and sounds PISSED off with the button on We've installed the RS roll bar (man does that fit in nicely!) and the 997GT3RS seats...

Old 09-26-2007, 09:20 PM
A couple of other minor things we noticed..... When taking the headers/cats off the header bolts are exactly the same POS as found on 996/997s. AKA they are NOT stainless and so they rust and very quickly too. Then of course hans and frans and any other summer-student program person that did the installation didn't use any anti-sieze Basically, if you go on any of the 996 forums you'll find people talking about their header bolts breaking off into the head due to corrosion/rust and other fun stuff like that. For all the kits we'll be installing here and or sending out we've ordered a bunch of the 997TT hardware which is indeed stainless. Just an fyi...

Old 09-26-2007, 09:37 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
Thanks Jamie Trying to keep it real here I guess? What did you decide re: a car? I'm really loving the RS so I think you might too. Come by next time you're in town and we'll go for a run to the store
Well as you know, I went the economy route and built a Z06 that will hand any 996 on this board its *** In fact it may be in AZ on 10/11 at the WOTM event if any EVO car wants to run....

But I still want either a new GT2 or YOUR RS I'll be back in town in a couple weeks and hopefully I can finally see it!!!

Old 09-27-2007, 02:42 PM
bobbrock is on a distinguished road
Got to hear the SharkWerks GT3 exhaust in person last night. Can't wait for this mod myself. Sounds absolutley amazing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: SharkWerks GT3/GT3RS Muffler Bypass Released (with videos)