Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Who finances their Gallardo?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 09:38 PM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
thank god the pandemic is gone. He's probably some 12 year kid.

I agree 10 year financing means you are overreaching.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:26 AM
Banned
Lounge Lizard is on a distinguished road
Can't see why 10/12 year financing is over stretching. I mean nobody sees a 12 year finance deal to maturity, that would be foolish but as a short term deal it keeps your payments low, look at it like an open ended lease if you like.
Ok you are not reducing the principle by much over say 2 years but most people who choose this route right off the interest against their businesses.

I'm looking at going this way into an exotic and will be keeping payments around $1k a month, that is in no way over stretching anything.
I know a lot of people do have the cash or forget it ethic, well I could pay cash sure but I ain't waiting 3/4 years to save it, I wont a car now, if this means I have to pay a penalty to get it and I can afford it then so be it.

People preach financial responsibility and it makes me laugh, hands up how many people bough a 997 GT3 RS and paid more over MSRP than I will borrow for my next car.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:22 AM
lob12 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pandemic
If you have to finance it; you can't really afford it and should not buy one. It's just like the people in the housing market, who should NOT have been given a mortgage.

I have always found it quite comical for people who don't have the cars (just an assumption only since your cars are not listed) are the ones to tell people in a forum of owners "who can and who can't"....oh and by the way, learn how to sensor the news broadcasts/media...in other words, just as far off as you were on the car affordibility statement so does it apply to people that drive the Porsches, Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Bentleys, etc...they are not the ones who are in forclosure on a subprime loan.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:24 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Depending also on certain people's business, it's sometimes easier just to pay the interest rather than fully own an exotic and have other explaining to do. There can be different ways to attaining the same thing for different people and different situations. Although cash is good, you can't show up and buy a 250k car with it.

Last edited by NickyBlack; 01-18-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:14 PM
MattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud ofMattM has much to be proud of
If you can work it out through your business, that would be great. Otherwise, I wouldn't finance my toys.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:14 PM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm currently in the same predicament with my next car purchase- either I borrow the money from Kirby or from Arling...both offer great financing, but Kirby wants to take pictures of me as a down payment. Not sure how I feel about that

Old 01-19-2008, 11:02 AM
james6290 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Gasman
thank god the pandemic is gone. He's probably some 12 year kid.

I agree 10 year financing means you are overreaching.
Now wait a minute! Pandemic claims he owns a lambo already. I actually really want to see this. Matchbox makes quality cars these days and I'm sure hes got it all dusted off and on his highest shelf. Good for you Pandemic!

Old 01-20-2008, 12:46 AM
arcticsilver997 is on a distinguished road
What kind of business can you have to write off exotics? I wish I could do that but I have a feeling the IRS would be all over me.......picking up office supplies in a Lamborghini whould be hard to explain.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:05 AM
Chewbacca is on a distinguished road
^^^ Not if you need em fast

; )

Old 01-20-2008, 01:15 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
I dunno guys. Maybe the new guy was a bit harsh but he may have a pt. I agree w/ financing if it means that there are better ways for you to use your $ instead of plopping it all down in 1 cash payment for a car, but I myself would judge whether I could afford or not by checking if I already have that amt in the bank, even if I did choose financing.

Btw, it's not fair to compare a car (depreciating asset) to real estate (which usu appreciates over the long term) to justify those types of 'over-extending' financing, imho.

Last edited by tranquility; 01-20-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:44 AM
DarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really niceDarioTexas is just really nice
Originally Posted by arcticsilver997
What kind of business can you have to write off exotics? I wish I could do that but I have a feeling the IRS would be all over me.......picking up office supplies in a Lamborghini whould be hard to explain.
Let's say you pick up a high-profile CEO to run your company and in his contract he requires a Lamborghini LP640 ... Doesn't that qualify as a company car and write-off?

Old 01-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
I know people that have done it. It takes a good accountant, but you can do it. For instance I could justify (at least partially) a fast car because part of my business model included getting place quick

Old 01-20-2008, 10:21 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
My ****ing accountant is super conservative she said even if I put my logo on the car I cant write anything off... WTF do i need a new accountant?

Old 01-20-2008, 10:51 PM
eMJay1133 will become famous soon enougheMJay1133 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by globalm3
My ****ing accountant is super conservative she said even if I put my logo on the car I cant write anything off... WTF do i need a new accountant?
Yes...

Old 01-21-2008, 04:40 AM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by globalm3

YES! fire her ***.......

btw, I borrow money from Kirby as well, that's why everytime i buy,lease,rent a car that i cant afford, i have to buy him lunch

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who finances their Gallardo?