Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 04:43 PM
blastr17 is infamous around these parts
My son is only 21 months old and no matter how hard he works, when he is of driving age there is a 0% shot of getting anything above a 328i, regardless of money being the issue or not, especially after the M5 situation that just went down in Florida. NO person under 26 IMO is responsible enough for a supercar.

But if thats your fathers decision, use it well, BE SAFE, and enjoy

Old 02-27-2008, 05:32 PM
Banned
kinnsella is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by blastr17
My son is only 21 months old and no matter how hard he works, when he is of driving age there is a 0% shot of getting anything above a 328i, regardless of money being the issue or not, especially after the M5 situation that just went down in Florida. NO person under 26 IMO is responsible enough for a supercar.

But if thats your fathers decision, use it well, BE SAFE, and enjoy

I agree though I would limit the purchase to a Toyota RAV4 or equivalent. Kids need to learn the value of things.

Plus 18 year olds with mid engine cars seems like a recipe for disaster. Car accidents are the leading cause of death for those under 25.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:30 PM
SiNzz is infamous around these parts
In the guy's defense, the only reason be brought up the issue of age was because another member asked him.

As far as what car to get, I would have to say that if your dad is willing to buy you a new car and is not concerned about depreciation, just wait for the LP550 or get an 08 Gallardo. I say you should wait for something you really want, rather than spring on the first deal you see. Besides, most of the exotic owners here have had to wait many many more years to afford their cars.

Honestly, if it were me, I'd buy an R8 as a weekend car, and a used NSX as a daily

Either way, good luck, and please don't crash the car and become another statistic that stains the reputations of young car enthusiasts.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:06 PM
lob12 is infamous around these parts
I would suggest that you don't get the car even if your Dad offers it....besides the fact that you could make that money worth something over the next 5-10 years (but if your family has that much money I guess it does not matter) no matter how hard you want justify your hard work, no one including your friends will buy it (just look at these responses so far) and thus the car will come with a lot of judgement, resentment, etc vs. admiration.

When I was 21 (12 years ago) I bought a 91' NSX for 41K and I was looked upon as a spoiled brat even though I worked for the money and bought it myself. At 25 I bought a new 99' NSX for 73K and still got crooked looks. I've had many cars since and am now 33 (mid aged guy) have a new lambo spyder and now people are just plain jealous if they look at me but i don't get the "daddys car response". At the end of the day, you can not control all others nor should you care but at your age you need to care a little because people will judge (including your friends) unfortunately, and hold it against you.

If you get the car be careful and enjoy it, be careful (yes I did say this twice), and be very thankful. Oh, to answer your question if you disregard me and everyone else...GET THE GALLARDO!!!

Atttached are some pictures of the not so old "old guys" car....CHEERS!

Attached Images   

Last edited by lob12; 02-27-2008 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:17 PM
SiNzz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by lob12
I would suggest that you don't get the car even if your Dad offers it....besides the fact that you could make that money worth something over the next 5-10 years (but if your family has that much money I guess it does not matter) no matter how hard you want justify your hard work, no one including your friends will buy it (just look at these responses so far) and thus the car will come with a lot of judgement, resentment, etc vs. admiration.

When I was 21 (12 years ago) I bought a 91' NSX for 41K and I was looked upon as a spoiled brat even though I worked for the money and bought it myself. At 25 I bought a new 99' NSX for 73K and still got crooked looks. I've had many cars since and am now 33 (mid aged guy) have a new lambo spyder and now people are just plain jealous if they look at me but i don't get the "daddys car response". At the end of the day, you can not control all others nor should you care but at your age you need to care a little because people will judge (including your friends) unfortunately, and hold it against you.

If you get the car be careful and enjoy it, be careful (yes I did say this twice), and be very thankful. Oh, to answer your question if you disregard me and everyone else...GET THE GALLARDO!!!

Atttached are some pictures of the not so old "old guys" car....CHEERS!

Definitely some truth here. However, I have to disagree on the point regarding not buying the car because people will hold it against you. There will always be someone with a better car, house, etc than you. If people hold it against you that you have one (no matter how you got it), then that's their problem that they cannot be anything but jealous and resentful.

I don't think you should need to care at any age, unless you're so insecure with yourself that you need everyone's approval to enjoy your own property. If you're not going to get a car, do it because YOU don't want it, not because you think everyone else will not want you to have it.

Not trying to come off as a d!ck, I just believe in making decisions for yourself, and not letting what haters think influence you. The previous poster even pointed out that he still got flak in his mid twenties. If this is the case, might as well grin and bear it now, rather than wait 'til you're 25 and then still have to go through the same process. There'll ALWAYS be haters no matter what the age, so get used to it now

On another note, I doubt the OP's friends will negatively judge him for having a car like that. If his family is of such social and economic class to afford these toys, then chances are his peers are similar and driving similar cars.

EDIT* lob12: that's a gorgeous lambo!

Old 02-27-2008, 11:47 PM
lob12 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SiNzz
Definitely some truth here. However, I have to disagree on the point regarding not buying the car because people will hold it against you. There will always be someone with a better car, house, etc than you. If people hold it against you that you have one (no matter how you got it), then that's their problem that they cannot be anything but jealous and resentful.

I don't think you should need to care at any age, unless you're so insecure with yourself that you need everyone's approval to enjoy your own property. If you're not going to get a car, do it because YOU don't want it, not because you think everyone else will not want you to have it.

Not trying to come off as a d!ck, I just believe in making decisions for yourself, and not letting what haters think influence you. The previous poster even pointed out that he still got flak in his mid twenties. If this is the case, might as well grin and bear it now, rather than wait 'til you're 25 and then still have to go through the same process. There'll ALWAYS be haters no matter what the age, so get used to it now

On another note, I doubt the OP's friends will negatively judge him for having a car like that. If his family is of such social and economic class to afford these toys, then chances are his peers are similar and driving similar cars.

EDIT* lob12: that's a gorgeous lambo!
SiNZZ- (thanks for the compliment on the lambo)
Point taken and agreed...obviously you should not derive your decisions based upon other peoples spite towards what you have and what they do not. The point was at 18 (high school) you should care what people think, not to the extreme that you should just follow what others do, but rather as a teenager to be so far off from everyone else really puts you in "box" outside of everyones norm and reality. As you get older...really start working... having a car like this will still not be the norm, but it will be much more less obstructive of ones life, maturity, and growth. I can go on and on until I am blue in the face, and this is not coming from someone who is jealous but rather someone who is just a liitle concerned. Like I said, you should get the Gallardo....do what you want...just be careful. And for the record, never give a F**k what others think of you or what you have but be thankful that you are fotunate and be careful with what you got.

Last edited by lob12; 02-28-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:54 PM
Mowateriology is infamous around these partsMowateriology is infamous around these parts
blk430,
pay no mind to what is said here that is not related to your direct questions about your purchase.

the majority of the members here have proved on more than one occasion that they cannot imagine what living outside the parameters of what they define as the world and its limits and rules can be like.

let them think and say what will make them feel either better about themselves, or help them sleep better at night .. what do you care?

the most important thing is that you value your dad's trust, not regarding money.. F#!K THAT.. but entrusting you with a really fast car and giving you the chance to prove that you can be responsible under temptation, lots of it.
trust me on this since i'm talking from experience: this can be the best thing that ever happened to you w/o even buying anything. make the best of your dad's trust and you'll know what i'm talking about 4 years from now

gluck with the search, and you should definitely spend some time in Al Ghanim's dealership to answer some of your questions

Old 02-28-2008, 01:56 AM
blkf430 has a spectacular aura aboutblkf430 has a spectacular aura about
thank you all for your support and advice

now regarding the gallardo, the lp560-4 will replace the current gallardo?
as for the interior are there any changes?

Old 02-28-2008, 02:00 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
blkf430, Yes it will replace the Gallardo and there are no accurate information about the interior changes but you can browse the photos that were published on two or three of the threads here in the Lamborghini forum to spot any changes.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:30 AM
///996TTM3 is infamous around these parts
Personally I would choose the F430 over the Gallardo. But after seeing the LP550 pictures, I will have to go with the LP if it is anything like the pictures. I say wait, you`ll be driving a NEW Lambo and some people might even mistake it for an LP640!

Old 02-28-2008, 03:30 AM
does lamborghini have solid colors such as Matte Black?

Old 02-28-2008, 03:35 AM
i've seen both cars the f430 and the current gallardo, i'll wait for the pictures to be released for the lp560-4. then i'll put in the deposit for it, i just want to know when it will be officially released, meaining when it will it hit the streets.

Old 02-28-2008, 03:39 AM
///996TTM3 is infamous around these parts
It can come in any color you wish...as long as you pay for it

Old 02-28-2008, 05:18 AM
how much would the Matte black cost?

Old 02-28-2008, 01:25 PM
PSS128 is infamous around these parts
hope you get it soon kiddo! pls post pics when it arrive to your home... cheers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo purchase