Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Gallardo purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
blk, the lp560-4 debuts next week at the geneva motor show. More good info will be available then.

Old 02-28-2008, 08:15 PM
james6290 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blkf430
how much would the Matte black cost?
It seems like a lot of the questions you are asking should be directed to your local lambo dealer. As for the car question, I would go for the lp550 or whatever they call it if your pops is paying for it and money is not an issue. I would, however, strongly advise against you getting a car like that. Trust me. I don't personally think any kid is worthy of a supercar/exotic. They are dangerous for inexperienced drivers, they are way too flashy especially around your friends who probably don't have cars like that and if you hurt it or do something to it, it will take a lot of money to fix it. I mean seriously, what do you have to look forward to in life, another G? The whole fun of buying/enjoying a car like that is knowing you worked for it, and I don't mean like the get good grades type of work I mean like the 9-5 work your *** off and make the money type of work. Just because you can afford it, doesn't mean you should get it and I will keep my stance of not recomending it. If you want a really nice car that suits your age look in the 50K-80K USD range. That is still a lot but at least it's not completely over the top.

James

Old 02-28-2008, 09:56 PM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
^ +1
I was going to go there but decided not to. Maybe glad you did, though.

I guess we don't know it all... Maybe he's 25 and not a new driver. In which case, I would ask why the heck is your dad still buying you cars? Either way, doesn't sound responsible or ethical to me. But who am I to say?

Old 02-28-2008, 11:07 PM
SiNzz is on a distinguished road
Whatever though. I mean, I see these sorts of threads on every forum I visit. It's not like anything we could ever say would deter someone from wanting to be given a car. I know I wouldn't decline one, and really doubt any of you would either. No point in bashing him for getting it, because he will. Best one can do is encourage responsible ownership rather than alienate a young owner from the community. As a 20 year old, I would rather have older guys whom I could look up to for advice and input, rather than a bunch of people bashing me about it. At least in my mind, that might encourage more responsible conduct when actually driving the car.

Old 02-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Banned
kinnsella is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WyattH
^ +1
I was going to go there but decided not to. Maybe glad you did, though.

I guess we don't know it all... Maybe he's 25 and not a new driver. In which case, I would ask why the heck is your dad still buying you cars? Either way, doesn't sound responsible or ethical to me. But who am I to say?

Plus 2. This is nature's way of thining out the herd. At best it is irresponsible parenting. Natural Selection at work. Having lots of money doesn't mean you are not an idiot. I knew a kid in college who had an BMW E30 M3, drove it off a cliff and killed 3 people. Dad committed suicide a year later.

Good thing though is the Gallardo is a 2 seater. So if and when he wraps himself around a lamp pole, he will only kill one of his buddies. M5's seat five and we all now how that ended up.

If you "earned it" as you stated in an earlier email, you would have been paid a fair market salary I assume. Therefore you could have afforded to buy it yourself. I guess Dad is making up the difference between your market value and the price of a Lamborghini.

I have no desire to get into a pissing contest. All I would ask of you is to apply some perspective and look at your comments.

Last edited by kinnsella; 02-28-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:57 AM
blkf430 has a spectacular aura aboutblkf430 has a spectacular aura about
i actually i work with my father at his company, then i go to college to finish my studies

i work from 8-1, then college from 2-7,

i'v saved up some money for the car, and my father will chime in, i've now saved upto 35% for the price of a new gallardo and my father will pay the rest

best regards and i really do appreciate the advice and support.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:13 AM
james6290 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blkf430
i actually i work with my father at his company, then i go to college to finish my studies

i work from 8-1, then college from 2-7,

i'v saved up some money for the car, and my father will chime in, I've now saved up to 35% for the price of a new gallardo and my father will pay the rest

best regards and i really do appreciate the advice and support.
I think you're still missing the point here. It's good that you are working, even if it is for your dad's company, but that doesn't make you worthy of a lambo at the age of 19. Not every kid could say he's got 70K USD and tell his dad that because of this he should cover the extra 130K it takes to buy a G (most kids will get a dad who stares at them and then walks away)... That's not earning it. That's earning enough for a nice Mercedes or a GTR. If your dad is willing to pay so much, why don't you take the $XX,XXX amount of money you have, put it in the bank and just let him pay the full amount of a cheaper car? Get a GTR, it's more appropriate for someone like you. If you still really think you earned the G, walk into your lambo dealer with 70K USD and tell him that you don't have the full amount but you think you earned it and see his/her response...

If you must have a G, like I said before, get the LP550 and BE SAFE, don't show it off (more than it does itself) and use it responsibly.

Last edited by james6290; 02-29-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Gasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the roughGasman is a jewel in the rough
It seems everyone is applying American views of things to a Kuwaiti family. The Kuwaiti wealthy are very wealthy. Getting an exotic car is similar for a lot of these families as an 80k car for a 19 year old. Exotic cars are very common in Kuwait, more common than most, if not all places in the US.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:35 AM
i have a month to tell my dad which i car i settled with, i've set up my mind on the gallardo. to be honest at first he refused the idea of getting me a sports car, because i was in car accident a month ago, they've put a titanium plate and screws in my right arm. he suggested a saloon such as an m5 or a cls63, the only coupes he suggested are the maserati granturismo and the R8, but after alot of convincing and help from my mom and brothers, he agreed, on one condition that the downpayment should from my own money. he says that reason for this, is to show how you earn such an amount and throw it in a second.

peace

Old 02-29-2008, 10:13 AM
norcal2 is on a distinguished road
Good for you! And I hope you are able to get the car you want. i hope the new G has better ergonomics than the current one as the right arm rest is not that good for your right arm. But I am tall though....

Old 02-29-2008, 07:12 PM
djmiroku is on a distinguished road
My advice is that you just keep it simple and get a Cayman S or something. Or would that be slumming it? Seriously, you will feel better about driving something you funded 100% on your own.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:29 AM
porsches suck, same design for over a million years, hell get a carrera install the new turbo rims and no one would notice.

to those who think a gallardo is not suitable for me , than plz recommend something
i welcome ur suggestions but be reasonable.

peace

Old 03-01-2008, 06:18 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Why not get an Audi S5 ?

Old 03-01-2008, 08:25 AM
blastr17 will become famous soon enough
What car did you crash when you broke your right arm?

Old 03-01-2008, 08:28 AM
holden comodore SS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo purchase