Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Costs to maintain '03 Murcielago

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 01:26 PM
jojogoya88 is infamous around these parts
Costs to maintain '03 Murcielago

Hey guys, so my father is interested in a lambo. We test drove a gallardo, he loved it, but he wants to buy an 08 and the exact specification one he wants is 225, then after taxes and such.....around 240ish.

So, on the for sale section is that 40th anniv. murci, i showed my father, explained to him the difference and other stuff. He is interested in it, so were going to Champion motor this weekend for another visit, this time theres interest in the murci as well.

The one for sale has 16k miles, which is quite a lot for an '03, but ive seen it in person and its in superb shape. So my question is, what are the maintenance costs of owning a well driven murcielago? I know theres no more warranty obviously, but as for the service's, what are the future costs of owning it, cus my father would def keep it for quite a while.

And at 190k, i say its a great price, and no need for a clutch replacement b/c one was done not too long ago.

Thanks guys

Old 03-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Banned
kingsolomon12 is infamous around these parts
Hi,

I work at Champion Motor Group here in LI. I am out of the office this Thursday and Saturday (I'll be at the Auto Show) but will be working this Sunday. Let me know if that works for you guys, we could schedule an appointment and I'll be happy to help. You can call me directly at work on 516-203-3043, if you miss me leave a message and I'll get back to you.

Regards,
MarK Solomon.

Old 03-26-2008, 03:56 PM
ExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really nice
Originally Posted by jojogoya88
Hey guys, so my father is interested in a lambo. We test drove a gallardo, he loved it, but he wants to buy an 08 and the exact specification one he wants is 225, then after taxes and such.....around 240ish.

So, on the for sale section is that 40th anniv. murci, i showed my father, explained to him the difference and other stuff. He is interested in it, so were going to Champion motor this weekend for another visit, this time theres interest in the murci as well.

The one for sale has 16k miles, which is quite a lot for an '03, but ive seen it in person and its in superb shape. So my question is, what are the maintenance costs of owning a well driven murcielago? I know theres no more warranty obviously, but as for the service's, what are the future costs of owning it, cus my father would def keep it for quite a while.

And at 190k, i say its a great price, and no need for a clutch replacement b/c one was done not too long ago.

Thanks guys
Check out post #4 in this thread: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ad.php?t=68968

Old 03-26-2008, 08:12 PM
lob12 is infamous around these parts
what gallardo is your dad looking for....coupe or spyder...color...etc???

Old 03-26-2008, 08:19 PM
lob12 is infamous around these parts
the o3' in that green color is not a very popular which is probably why it is a good deal. So, for re-sale it is not the best Murci. As far as cost of ownership goes, with an 08' gallardo it would be about 5K for the first 3 years assuming you only drove the car 5Kmi. or less per yr.. If you had to replace a clutch, plan on an additional 4-5K. The Murci is basically 3 times both these amounts and will end up being much more over the first 3 years since the gallardo would be under warranty and the Murci would not.

Old 03-26-2008, 11:42 PM
Banned
EEGPorches is infamous around these parts
but driving a murci is so much different then the gallado!
murci is the real lambo!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:09 AM
ExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really niceExoticCarDriver is just really nice
Originally Posted by EEGPorches
but driving a murci is so much different then the gallado!
murci is the real lambo!!!
Trust me the Gallardo is a real Lambo. This isn't a kit car

I think what you meant to say is the engineering and design is not 100% done by Lamborghini. That I could agree on. But to say it not a real Lambo..get real.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:00 PM
Banned
Frips_Girl is infamous around these parts
My pick is by far the Murci for the doors alone! Plus I prefer the way it looks to the Gallardo.

Old 03-28-2008, 12:19 AM
Banned
EEGPorches is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Frips_Girl
My pick is by far the Murci for the doors alone! Plus I prefer the way it looks to the Gallardo.
that exactly my point is!
the DOOR!

Old 03-30-2008, 01:29 PM
Yeah well the anniversary murcielago was at the auto show, when i saw it i wasn't really too blown away. MY father didn't really like it either, mostly because of too much tinting going on (especially the headlights). IMO i don't think tinted murci headlights is a good idea. So i honestly dont know now what my fathers gonna do, because he likes the gallardo and murci, but says he isnt going to tell me his decision, and if he was to order/buy one he wouldnt tell me...so I guess this thread ends basically. Will let you guys know if anything happens.

by the way, the LP560-4 at the auto show was just drop dead gorgeous...IN-SANE!

Funny Story- on the way to show with my father and my good friend (knows a lot about cars as well "jakillo"-on forum). So were all talking and i start saying how everyone sees ferrari's every now and then on the road, rarely, but Lamborghini's are NEVER seen. So as my father is about to reply to what i said.......BALOON WHITE LP640 ROADSTER BOMBS DOWN THE HIGHWAY on the opposite side. Our heads snap 180 degrees around, and its GONE. Our necks hurt after, but it was pretty that happened. WHoever that was, amazing.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:48 PM
Jtlacrozmaster is infamous around these partsJtlacrozmaster is infamous around these parts
lol i was just gunna post that story,

Old 03-31-2008, 01:17 PM
rmani is infamous around these partsrmani is infamous around these parts
if i could afford the murci i wouldn't even consider a gallardo. dont get me wrong i love gallardos especially in blue, orange, or yellow, but a murci is just so special.

Old 04-01-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by rmani
if i could afford the murci i wouldn't even consider a gallardo. dont get me wrong i love gallardos especially in blue, orange, or yellow, but a murci is just so special.
Why do you think that...

IF you had the choice between a 03-04 low mileage MURCI versus a brand new gallardo coupe...what would it be....because apparently thats what my father feels

i dont agree with that.....

Old 04-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Tipo815 is infamous around these partsTipo815 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jojogoya88
Why do you think that...

IF you had the choice between a 03-04 low mileage MURCI versus a brand new gallardo coupe...what would it be....because apparently thats what my father feels

i dont agree with that.....
Take the Murcie ... there is no comparison the the G PLUS you won't have to suffer through the massive depreciation of a new G over a used Murcie.

Old 04-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Carrera345 is infamous around these parts
The Murci is definitely the way to go if you have the funds. Out of your two choices though i would probably take the brand new Gallardo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Costs to maintain '03 Murcielago