Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

modular Concept Wheels. Black / Yellow. what do you think??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Banned
360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speedappeal
Pictures for proof, for those who aren't local.
Once setup in our new location we'll have a facility tour on our website, and an open house night for locals.
And not because we feel the need to "prove" to anyone, only because we're proud.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:32 PM
golfusa997 is infamous around these parts
Is it possible to get the number for COR as I too would like to start my own wheel company!!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 12:50 PM
JROW is infamous around these parts
Oh yeah, well HRE and Modular don't post super cool pictures of exotic cars with their wheels on them all over car forums...thats the difference!

Old 05-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 360Forged
Yup, swing by. We're in the process of moving, so call in advance.
I'd love to. When is a good time for me to drop by?

Old 05-22-2008, 01:04 PM
Former Vendor
m-concept is infamous around these partsm-concept is infamous around these parts
hey guys,

just to give you a little insight on wheel manufacturing. there's only a couple of forging facilities with in the united states. for the most part, wheel companies like ourselves purchase raw materials for manufacturing. most wheels companies use similar wheel components only because there's only and hand full of providers. the process is basically to design, develop and test a certain center, buy raw materials and mill out the design and then assemble the wheels.

as with wheel companies in california, us here in miami have working relationships with competitors. i can assure anyone who has any type of concern, all of the above mentioned wheel companies are producing top of the line american made wheels. alain

Old 05-22-2008, 01:54 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Wait I am confused? Isnt COR formerly AVUS? When I was in Miami, I got a call from the former rep at Avus stating Avus closed doors and opened up corp. called COR and wanted to sponsor 6speed. So Avus = COR = 360 = Mconcept?

Ok if this is the case, any drawbacks to the mfg? I bought Avus wheels, bent one, and couldn't get it replaced due to closed doors. The 360 fit/finish looks prestine to me, and I am considering it for my 997TT as well as the HRE 792R

THanks

Old 05-22-2008, 02:11 PM
speedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nicespeedappeal is just really nice
Originally Posted by SHANKENFELTER
Wait I am confused? Isnt COR formerly AVUS? When I was in Miami, I got a call from the former rep at Avus stating Avus closed doors and opened up corp. called COR and wanted to sponsor 6speed. So Avus = COR = 360 = Mconcept?

Ok if this is the case, any drawbacks to the mfg? I bought Avus wheels, bent one, and couldn't get it replaced due to closed doors. The 360 fit/finish looks prestine to me, and I am considering it for my 997TT as well as the HRE 792R

THanks
I just spoke to my wheel friend. He said he thinks there is a connection between Avus, COR, 360, Modular Concept, AM Forged, Sopra, Sevas, Kranson, and Volume One. I've only heard of Avus, Sevas, and 360 before this thread. They are all in Miami which is odd. Can anybody confirm this? Seems like a lot of brands to be running out of one single facility.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Former Vendor
m-concept is infamous around these partsm-concept is infamous around these parts

THanks
our barrels are a universal 40 hole which can basically be used different companies centers. if you bend a wheel, you don't need to replace the wheels, you just need to replace the bent barrel. if you need your avus wheels fixed we can help you out.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:27 PM
Mercedes Benz is infamous around these partsMercedes Benz is infamous around these parts

THanks
Avus went out of business. But the owner started COR. Avus is gone. And COR is his own company now. Now who COR makes wheels for is a different issue. Lots of wheel companies make wheels for other brands. So nothing is wrong with that.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Don Relentless is infamous around these parts
we'll from what i know the china made lips are now better than the 40 holes in the US, they are stroger and designed better. they also come chromed which they have mastered to point of no flaking or chipping. all wheels are all about the same quality it comes down to load testing and design now a days, and of corse the finishing process. but raw materials and forge facilities are all shred by most US wheel companys. its just most companys have there own CNC machines. everyone is developing new things like weight savings and custom assembly bolts and new gaskets and seals to improve all the ****ing leaks 3 piece wheels get, i personally always request 2 piece wheels to eliminate the leak issues so what just change both barrels at once at least i dont have to fix my leaks every quarter.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Banned
360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute360Forged has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mercedes Benz
I'd love to. When is a good time for me to drop by?
Any time.

Old 05-23-2008, 07:45 AM
omarm is infamous around these parts
I respect the fact that M Concept admits to having another company manfacturer the wheel. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it since the majority of wheel companies actually do that.

In another breath to come on a public forum that happens to be home to a large portion of your clientele and lie about making your wheels in house is completely absurd. There are only a handful of companies that do this.. HRE, BBS, Rays, etc.. There is no reason to try to make yourself larger than you really are.

Just my $.02

Old 05-23-2008, 08:43 AM
PIXC55 is infamous around these parts
its called marketing your product...... i think 360 markets their product in a great way !!!!

HRE on the other hand, the customers market the product!!! we purchase the wheels, then post them on the boards, then we tell you how happy we are.

Originally Posted by JROW
Oh yeah, well HRE and Modular don't post super cool pictures of exotic cars with their wheels on them all over car forums...thats the difference!

Old 05-25-2008, 07:25 AM
Banned
DEVILDOG is infamous around these parts
I like 360forged wheels.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Mr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to beholdMr.PS is a splendid one to behold
Who makes 360forged wheels and where are they made?

Who makes HRE wheels and where are they made?

Who makes m-concept wheels and where are they made?

I personally would have trouble paying $10k for a set of wheels that are made in China. ..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: modular Concept Wheels. Black / Yellow. what do you think??