Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

30 days/2000 miles LP670-4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 03:38 PM
Former Vendor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
30 days/2000 miles LP670-4

I thought I would give my view of my 2010 LP670-4, car #12 of 350, after hitting 2000 miles in it this week. SO here I go, the good, the not so good and all the other stuff
in-between....along with all my gramer errors and speeling mistakes LOL

This car had a MSRP sticker of just under $480K, equiped in Bianco Isis over Black Alcantera racing CF seats with Silver stitching and logos, silver brake calipers, small wing, media center, rear view camera, blue tooth, navigation, alcantera and CF steering wheel, rossa corssa race tires, CC braks, carbon fiber interior upgrade, SV logo floor matts and my favorite a real 6 speed manul gear box shifter and gate as well as being air frieghted in. After OEM additions include full Venture shield paint protection, tint out side marker lights and rear lower turn signal and back up lights, body color matched front headlight washer wings. I elected not to tint the windows or the full tailights as they are just to beautiful to look at in their star spaceship form.

Lets start with the interior.

The seats are remarkably comfy. They have an adjustment on them, (requires tool) that allows you to set the rake of the entire seat in straight up position or a slightly set back degree position, which I choose. The alcantera wears very well and really keeps you planted in the seat and no sliding like leather. The support is great as the back portion headrest is positoned forward and is a pleasure to rest your head agianst it while driving. There is the lack of any lumbar support, but I found that if you plant your butt sqaure all the way to the back of the seat it is very very supportive...I think it was desgined this way. The half leather and half alcantera dash is a nice touch and keeps glare off from the window on the drivers side. The Stereo, not that you normally listen to one in these cars, but THIS one is AMAZING...I have come to the conclusion that with the door speakers being in a Carbon Fiber box, it is somewhat like a sub woofer effect..and all the alcantera allows for great sound dispensing. The not sood good on the stereo is the small volume control *****, an accident waiting to happen if you attempt to adjust while driving. The stereo has so many features I have yet to learn even 10% of it, the navigation is GREAT in its new 3-d fashion. Not crazy about the tiny liitle microphone right above the rear view mirrior for blue tooth...but it looks kind of like CIA secret stuff...I do not like that you cant dim the screen on the radio very much for night driving, it dims some, but not a lot, you can operate it with the screen off however.

The color rear view camera is sharp and wide angle. It comes on rapidly and operates great. Its outdoor mounting is done very well and incorperated nicely into the rear wing. However after having all the new clear views out of this car to the rear and sides I would not order the camera or think it is necessarry, but it comes in the Media package so is not an option to delete. This brings me to the outer view. The new side mirriors are a change of great joy. They are longer and taller and give you an amazing new outlook to all the blind spots..one of my top favorite changes to the car. The view out the rear is also greatly increased with the glass deack and the way the slats have been positioned, I dont think you can say this car has blind spots or his hard to see out of as ealry LP640 cars and other Murcies have been.

The alcantera steering wheel, an option is comy. However I would revert back to the all leather wheel. I have found the alcantera wheel leaves black residue on my hands and I have to wash them each time after driving the car. I also find the CF center ring at the top of the wheel, so you know when your wheels are straight forward, a little annoying as it slips through your hands back and forth as you drive. I also find myself going what I think is straight but the ring is off a bit as NO road is perfect straight, at least not for any period of time and I try to turn the wheel, like playing with it to get the ring straight up and down LOL.

The sunglass holder compartment at the roof line remains, this is where I place my garage door opener. There no longer is a center compartment which used to be under your right arm rest. There is a small cuby hole between the seats right under the car # plate. But it is small and hard to get to and when it has the radio remote in it and your I-pod in it, (this is where the I-pod hook ups are) there is no room left for anything. I find no place to put my cell phone, wallet or other misc things. I have resorted to laying them on the passanger seat when I drive.

With the doors being so light, the new CF and material it is a bit harder to pull them closed against the force of the shocks...almost impossible for a lady to do it, so I have to let them get in and clsoe the door for them from the outside. Open method is easy as the light weight of the door pops it right up.

I like that both windows now come equiped with fast down and fast up option on touch button operation. The dash is about the same, a few little chnages, the best is that the dash is always lighted, so when going through dark tunnels or whatever, you do not have to wait for the lights to come on auto for your dash to light. With the CF interior when you release your seat belt, the buckle makes a loud clank as it retracts and hits the CF, just a little annoying but have learned to hold the belt till it gets to its rear resting area.

All in all the interior is the best I have come across for lamborghini with the exception of my 2000 Diablo GT which is IMO got just everything right.

The exterior:

The new sutle lines and intakes around the car, on the front and sides as well as the re-designed side mirriors and rear deck lid are striking. The lines CAN NOT be appreciated in any photo no matter how good they are. This car only comes to life in its appearnce by seeing it in person..PERIOD! The addition of flat balck accent lines along the lower side rockers tasetfully sets off the car. The new flat black paint is made of new highly chip resistant material. I think it works as with 2000 all kinds of driving miles, I have no chips on the front. You can not 3-m these areas as it would give the flat finish a wet shinny look with the 3-m applied. Very pleased with the paint quailty and its durability to date.

I choose the small wing. You can also order the large wing and it can be changed back and forth with a few tools and some time but it can be done if you want to do that for higher speed stability...but I dont think it neccessary, more of that later here. I think the small wing is just right for the linbes of the car...a very very nice flow. The big wing IMO makes the car look to kit kar like.

The wheels are very cool, with the rears being a noticeable deeper dish and lip. I choose silver brake calipers to set of the silver stitching...the other option of Black IMO would have made the wheel area to black, the silver helps set out the wheel and its design from the massive CF brakes and rotors. I choose the Rossa Corrsa more agresive tire. Plenty of grip, more than the standard P-zero, but also comes with a bit more road noise along with them. They are also less of a rain tire. In comparing them to my other cars equiped with p-zero, for me not worth the extra mola the P-zero seem to be just as adequte and for me a better all year round tire for the wet roads we have here in the NW.

The naked CF on the rear deck and wing is flawless in design. It is stunning to view and soft as charmin to the touch. Very easy to keep clean and one less area needed for waxing! A plus as I dont wish to spend time washing and waxing this car as I rather be out driving it.

The brakes:

When you first get the car, wear a helmet for the first few days, not for the safety of an accident, but so each time you step on these brakes it will keep you from hurting your head as you about go threw the windshild..YEA they are that GOOD! I thought the LP640 2007 car I had with CF were good, but these newer updated pads are TWICE as good. I dont think you can ever say I rear ended someone with these brakes, it is impossible, it stops that fast and that quick. I have since learned to use them, there is hardly any pressure required from your foot to stop this car. The visual effect of the calipers and rotors from the outside to the naked eye is mind boggiling..a lot of attention they do get.

The exhaust;

I can not imagine one single good reason to waste good money with ANY after market exhaust for this car. The OEM exhaust is amazing, it is like a beautiful women that only speaks in the bedroom. When you first strat it, it is quite, you can sneak out of your garage and neighborhood with out waking everyone up and pissing them off. NOW put your foot down, even slightly and the note is art in motion as it starts to sing higher and higher...until wide open as it is barking at everything, to say get the "hell" out of my way.
In normal city driving it is well educated and has just the slightest howl to turn heads as you approach pedistrians at the intersection or that roll through the parking lot and malls.

The exhaust tip is large and wide. It calls to you daring you to bend down, look in it are for the brave, stick your WHOLE hand in it. It is coated in a very dark blue kevlar mixed coating to keep its temp down and not cause damage to the rear of the car as it sprays out all 670 HP power to the rear.

The gearbox:

I choose the 6 speed manual as I enjoy the interaction of three pedals and the driver. Not till after I recieved the car did I learn the manual is of less weight than the e-gear, approx 64lbs!! I did not notice any change in the gearbox from my LP640, it appears to operate the same and is for me, very enjoyable and easy to play with. I was told, and agree with, that the e-gear is slightly more fuel effetion and a slight performace up-grade as it is mapped with the ecu for perfect shifting poitns at all out throttle. But that 1/10 of a second I am willing to give up and I think may be even when you take the reduction in weight factor into play. I also think the e-gear is best for the track and the 6 speed more fun for everyday driving IMO.

It is sad to me, to hear that the 6 speed manual gear box will no longer be offered after this 2010 MY. As a side note of the approx 92 cars order for the USA, to date there are ONLY 2 cars being built with this gear box, there have been a total of 3 others destinted for other parts of the world. There is ALSO no reduction in price for the car as in days past for the 6 speed, it still costs the same, apprx $10,800 as it does for the E-Gear.

The suspension;

The car comes equiped with Traction Control. If you turn it off you are doing it either to commit suicide or you are on the track in a very very controlled location. DONT turn it off, except, such as me, when driving in snow or ice at lower speeds for short distance to gain rocking motion traction. I have had the TC come on EVEN in a shift to second gear..the car has THAT much pull.

The ride I find quite nice. It is a bit more bouncy but not at all hard or tailbone shocking. As the cars speed increases it appears to almost hunker down and get even more grip to the road. The most improved aspect of the suspension is that there is literly NO ROLL in this car. It is so noticable that I have even had other lambos behind me at high speeds threw corners say when we stopped..."OMG that car just does not roll or move, it is planted!!"

The BEST, the power plant;

When you drive this car at normal speeds you are truly amazed at its split second tourqe and great fast rise to speed. But after you break it in and learn of its three SEPERATE power bands..OMG OMG!!

At RPMS under 4700 it is LIGHTNING fast, but as soon as you hit approx 4800 RPMS, stage 2, you swear the car just added two more cylinders..enough to actully throw you back in your seat. Your face has just gone from grin to all out ear to ear smile as you are literly propelled forward like a time machine.

As if that is not enough, you now approch stage 3, approx 6800 RPMS, you have just gone from lightning fast to the speed of sound, I swear I think I am breaking sound barriers and land speed records everytime I get into stage 3. Add the wide open note of the barking exhaut to this and you truly are in "Super Car" heaven...where very very few can claim this status.

With the addition of the CF brakes, your trip back "down to earth" is just as quick as it was leaving earth and extremly safe and very reliable and confident feeling. A 14 year old in this car on the track can look like a pro seasoned track driver in a matter of minutes, it is that great of a perfroming car.

I can say, but wont say where or who, this car attained a GPS speed of 196 in 5th gear and BLISTERING 221 in last gear...with still room to go...but there was just no more road at this location as well as courgae left in the nameless driver and location.

This is one of the best, if not the best cars I have ever had. I strongly recomend that if you can, aquire one..I think this will be the last of the dying breed and will be a ICON of a car for years to come. Pricy, yes, but what GREAT things arn't?

I L O V E this car!

Now I am off to go log another 100 miles on it or so today!

Roy Cats
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
thanks Roy, that is quite a write-up...after reading I felt like I had driven the car myself...

Old 08-29-2009, 03:58 PM
ORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud ofORYX has much to be proud of
Great write up.

Old 08-29-2009, 05:33 PM
roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !
Excellent write up!!

Old 08-29-2009, 06:01 PM
SFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for the write up, I've been waiting to read a true Lamborghini enthusiast's review.

Old 08-30-2009, 12:03 AM
Sean Miami is on a distinguished road
I felt all of the emotions you conveyed. Great write up!

Old 08-30-2009, 12:28 AM
tranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of lighttranquility is a glorious beacon of light
Great writeup! You scared me because I misread the title and thought you were talking about the LP560-4 and I saw $480K..WTH!! Whew, luckily it's its older brother.

Are there supposed to be pix somewhere?

Old 08-30-2009, 07:42 PM
Alfam is on a distinguished road
Congrats !!!.
Great write up.
Waiting for pics...

Old 09-01-2009, 01:23 AM
FlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to beholdFlipMo is a splendid one to behold
Very nice write up. I enjoyed it very much. Makes me want to go out and trade in my C4S Cab for one, lol

Old 09-01-2009, 07:34 AM
kos
kos is on a distinguished road
Very Nice! I want to trade mine in,lol

Old 09-01-2009, 07:48 AM
SSIIICK is on a distinguished road
Wow! It looks like Lamborghini has certainly stepped it up on this LP670-4. Thank you for that write-up, Roy. It sounds awesome! Seems like you're driving it quite often. Haha, I would too!

Old 09-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
The pleasure of driving the SV has been bestowed upon me & it was fantastic, better in many ways than the LP640-4 - Roy provided it in detail so no need to explain. Granted I did not put nearly as many miles as Roy did but I got to experience many aspects from regular driving to keeping the pedal down while shifting through the gears. The one I drove has the large rear wing which I feel is a bit much compared to small wing that is less obvious for the street.

Attached Images  
Old 09-01-2009, 11:20 AM
fkaasik is a name known to allfkaasik is a name known to allfkaasik is a name known to allfkaasik is a name known to allfkaasik is a name known to allfkaasik is a name known to all
Well somebody has to say it......this thread is worthless without pics

jk. amazing write up and congrats

Old 09-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Former Vendor
AutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really niceAutoTalent is just really nice
Let me help a fellow Lambo lover out (these are Roy's pics)

Old 09-01-2009, 02:27 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Looks gorgeous in white!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 30 days/2000 miles LP670-4