Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

What's The Main Difference Between Lamborghini and Ferrari Owners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 11:42 AM
FikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond repute
I agree with the racing, but digging on Audi and Lambo? Isn't Ferrari owned by Fiat?

Originally Posted by AMG101
How are all major sport car companies established? Racing. Ferrari has the racing history that lambo cannot touch. I personally love lambos, sight, sound, it all tingles the mind. But when in a ferrari, its not owned by audi, or the most menacing looking thing, its a ferrari. A race car for the streets. The howl of the v8's and just the symbol moves me more than a lambo would.

I hope some guys agree thought....WHY CAN'T THEY STILL MAKE THEM IN MANUAL!!!
DOES EVERYONE DRAG RACE THEIR F CARS? NO...SOO MANUAL PLEASE!:P

Old 12-13-2010, 12:03 PM
DonJuan348 is on a distinguished road
Fiat is Italian Audi is German. Different philosophies when it comes to cars. Being owned by Audi is much better than being owned by Chrysler or that India company.

Lambo has come a long way under Audi ... and after being priviledged to see the new LP700 it is obvious that Audi is letting Lambo do its thing and have german level of quality control ...

to answer the post; Lambo owners seem to be in a higher tax bracket and everything that goes along with that good and bad. Ferrari guys seem to be a more of a car guy. Into racing and such...IMHO

Old 12-13-2010, 01:16 PM
ruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to beholdruffinit is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
I would love to hook up
rosso vic...here is a pic..i will PM you my contact info

Attached Images  
Old 12-13-2010, 02:19 PM
tourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud oftourbillon001 has much to be proud of
please do

Originally Posted by ruffinit
rosso vic...here is a pic..i will PM you my contact info
That is a sweet color. I've never seen a lambo in red.

Old 12-13-2010, 06:07 PM
catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !catchmyshadow Is a GOD !
Ferrari once was the ultimate car company as far as racing is concerned, but that is ages back. They are still profiting from those glorious days, that´s why they still can charge a lot of money for the aura that the cars produced decades back.
But times have changed and other car makers can build equal if not better sports cars and on the race track (F1, GT etc.) they don`t really deliver anymore, i mean nothing outstanding. That´s why they are struggling more and more. Maybe we will see Ferrari next to Lambo in a few years :

http://www.uproxx.com/feature/2010/11/vw-buys-ferrari/

Old 12-13-2010, 08:05 PM
MK4lowIRA will become famous soon enoughMK4lowIRA will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by tourbillon001
but you don't see a million people walking around in lambo gear, but you do in Ferrari gear. This might have to do with Puma selling Ferrari gear cheap, and lambo charging 180 bucks for a polo but normally when I see someone wearing a Ferrari shirt I don't think owner.
I wouldn't say Ferrari gear is necessarily cheap, but when you look at it from a business standpoint, they sell more stuff, and that is marketing in itself. Even though they sell more stuff, and made a bunch more cars that you can get for under 30k now, the exclusivity is not lost, as at most stores there is over a year waiting list for the 458. Gotta agree with AMG101, Ferrari's racing history is unparalleled.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:08 PM
roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !roncfpz Is a GOD !
Perhaps you can trace the difference back to the story of Ferruccio Lamborghini and Enzo Ferrari. Take from it what you like.

"There is a now famous story about how he was frustrated with problems he had with a clutch in a Ferrari (a Ferrari 250 GT), and went to visit Enzo Ferrari who's factory was nearby. Enzo had no time for a tractor manufacturer and simply dismissed him. Lamborghini decided there was nothing Ferrari was doing he could not do better. He decided too build his own car with a V12 engine. "

Old 12-15-2010, 08:56 AM
jpohl402 will become famous soon enoughjpohl402 will become famous soon enough
^^
Interesting right there.
From other things I have gathered, it seems Ferrari often does not care about the problems associated with their cars - or snubs their nose at customers. They also have an odd selection process for the limited models (like Aperta)

Old 12-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Lee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the roughLee Willis is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jpohl402
^^
Interesting right there.
From other things I have gathered, it seems Ferrari often does not care about the problems associated with their cars - or snubs their nose at customers. They also have an odd selection process for the limited models (like Aperta)
My experience is that they care a great deal, about the cars, not the owners. I've seen the factory go to extraordinary lengths to help an owner get parts for a '54.

I've heard the story about Lamborghini and Ferrari but with a different reason for why Ferruccio wanted to see Enzo - but I doubt that matters. There is no doubt that Enzo blew him off, but that was because of business/social rivalry: Lamborghini was a well know manufacturer of tractors, etc. -- why did that give him the right to expect the great Ferrari to deign to see him? etc.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:18 PM
AMG101 is on a distinguished road
The different stories are interesting. Ferrari does care about their cars and customers, yes it is true if you are "looking at a ferrari" or lambo...etc. the dealership may push you around...you can't just go drive a 200+K car. Both are wonderful brands. I just see a Ferrari as a Rolex, maybe not the best looking or flashy as other brands but it's a rolex and that says enough. i do have to say though with all this high horse power battle, 4 wheel drive might be the future of supercars...?

Old 12-18-2010, 10:22 AM
jpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nicejpcourt is just really nice
I love them both!!!!

Old 12-19-2010, 02:34 PM
dwags is just really nicedwags is just really nicedwags is just really nicedwags is just really nice
ferraris are for guys who stare at them in stone garages and lambos are for guys who stare at them in brick garages.

Old 12-19-2010, 05:45 PM
ice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond reputeice350 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by roncfpz
Perhaps you can trace the difference back to the story of Ferruccio Lamborghini and Enzo Ferrari. Take from it what you like.

"There is a now famous story about how he was frustrated with problems he had with a clutch in a Ferrari (a Ferrari 250 GT), and went to visit Enzo Ferrari who's factory was nearby. Enzo had no time for a tractor manufacturer and simply dismissed him. Lamborghini decided there was nothing Ferrari was doing he could not do better. He decided too build his own car with a V12 engine. "
I was gonna reference this story in my reply but you beat me to it. I.ve never driven either brand but through reading and admiration of both, here's my 2 cents.
I think Lambo's were probably more reliable because that's what Ferrucio was trying to create with his brand.
Ferrucio didn't seem to interested in competing with Enzo at the track. Seems he just wanted a stylish exotic that could be driven everyday.
I don't believe Lambo's were super reliable but it didn't take much to be better than Ferrari in that area. Ferrari seems to have been interested in dominating racing and selling to a select few.
Now thatVW/Audi owns Lambo, I have to believe their cars are still more reliable than Ferrari's. They still are more stylish for sure. Ferrari still wants to race and sell to a select clientele. Lambo sells to whomever has the cash. Doesn't seem like much has changed.

Again, I don't know from any personal experience but my opinion can't be far off.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:17 AM
vdavie is on a distinguished road
Both

Well i have had a F355 and a 360 Spyder. I have had a lambo 6.0 and now have an 07 G. Spyder. The 6.0 was a big car with a lot of wow factor to it. I do think the F guys do look down a bit on anything less than say a 360. I am going to buy a 328 just because i really like that car and prob sell the G for something else. I know driving the 328 other F guys will look down on it a bit but i get cars i like so it does not bother me..

Vince

Old 12-20-2010, 10:07 PM
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by FikseGTS
I agree with the racing, but digging on Audi and Lambo? Isn't Ferrari owned by Fiat?
great point. i always make it when my hater friend tries to rag on my other friend's lambos. IMO lambo is much better off having audi as an owner than ferrari is having fiat as an owner. while i dislike audi they've had a great effect on lamborghini.

I've found lambo owners tend to want more attention, plain and simple. honestly I like ferrari's better for driving, but i love the attention a lambo brings. it's true and anyone who denies that attention wasn't part of buying a lambo is lying imo.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What's The Main Difference Between Lamborghini and Ferrari Owners?