Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Just pulled the trigger, but the wait is long (Aventador LP 700-4)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Nick K is on a distinguished road
I can't wait for UGR to get a hold of these! It's gonna be insane!

Old 09-19-2011, 07:11 PM
Banned
lamb147 is on a distinguished road
Congrats! and Enjoy!

Old 09-21-2011, 01:36 AM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light
The Demo car is here, it's getting prepped and registered as I type this.. the dealer called me and said that some time next week I will test drive this baby.. Will be video taping the ride, documenting it all..

Taken by My friend xdefxx in Lamborghini Wien

Old 09-21-2011, 08:00 PM
MrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud ofMrEdS4 has much to be proud of
Congratulations on the Aventador. Estoque will be an awesome color and you will be amazed at what this car can do. I drove it in Italy and it is absolutely phenomenal. I can't wait to hear your thoughts after you drive your dealer's demo.

Old 09-28-2011, 09:03 AM
donahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of lightdonahdi is a glorious beacon of light
I just had the most thrilling experience of my life, LITERALLY. I will be back with a short video, and some small personal review..

PS, yes, it is me in the picture

Old 09-28-2011, 09:16 AM
randomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to beholdrandomquickness is a splendid one to behold
well....????

Old 09-28-2011, 09:26 AM
Dr. G has a spectacular aura aboutDr. G has a spectacular aura about
Nice. Can't wait to read about it. The Aventador just looks so much lighter and sleeker than the Murci from the angle in that photo.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:08 PM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
Wow, Wow, Wow, congrats and you Sir are my idol. The Aventador is just beyond words in my perspective.

We need video/update, stop making us wait.........

Old 09-29-2011, 08:58 AM

Sorry for the delay.. I hope this review will score me good rep point

From the day I sat my foot in the Geneva Show last March, I have been dreaming of yesterday. I think that since the unveiling, I have watched thousands of videos and pictures for the Avy, not only pictures and clips, My visits to both the Geneva and the Frankfurt show were mainly to be able to be close to the car and sit in it and smell its leather, and feel its perforated inline!! But seriously, I had no idea that it would be that much different when the car is turned on and on the road.

This is a simple video I took yesterday in the dealership, May I just say before you watch, I have been nagging and complaining about how the car sounded, based on the thousands of clips on YouTube, but I have to say this…. The car sounds nothing like how it is on YouTube, all the videos combined didn’t give the real sound any justice. The sound is satisfactory to my taste in real life. Here watch the video then read on for a quick mini review.

Lamborghini invited me to experience the new car, and I was the first person after the sales manager to ever drive this car, really low mileage, the sales manager took me for a walk around the car explaining what are the standard options included and what are the extra options. I will summarize the additional options that didn’t come standard in the demo car as follows:

1- Shiny black rims 1,300 Euros
2- Orange brake callipers 800 Euros
3- T-engine cover in Carbon Fibre 1,800 Euros
4- Transparent Engine Bonnet 5,400 Euros
5- Park Assistance 3,500 Euros
6- Multifunction steering wheel perforated leather insert 1,100 Euros

After the walk around, and a little briefing, the guy asked me to hop in the passenger seat to drive off the dealership. During the short drive to the highway, he explained to me how the Navi worked, how the lifting system worked, and we examined it, (for the record, if you lift the car, and drive over 40 kph, automatically the nose drops back down). and the three different settings for driving the car, the STRADA (street setting), which had a very smooth gear change, and a four door sedan like feel to it, (I felt I could sit like that for 4 hours without feeling tired). The SPORT setting, which honestly, I couldn’t differentiate between it and the STRADA, didn’t feel any difference in the quality nor the performance, but I thought maybe when I drive I will feel the difference, and last but not least CORSA (track setting), which the gentle man didn’t use while explaining to me the different settings.

We then took an exit and on into a little rest area, where we exchanged seats, and he deliberately turned off the car and asked me to start the experience from point zero... The car growled as high as she can (typical Lamborghini start up position), then I noticed that the gear was in Auto (apparently it is the default, because of some European regulation), of course, without thinking twice and before even letting the salesman finish explaining the automated start, I turned it to Manual. Now at first I started driving the Avy slowly and nervously, for I don’t know the extent of the power of this beast. When we reached the highway again I was feeling a bit better and had a feel for the car, so carefully, I pressed the SPORT setting to see if I can feel the difference.. Honestly, I don’t know but I didn’t feel any difference than the STRADA setting. The gear shifting was still smooth, maybe I would feel the difference if I floored it, but until that time I was driving sensibly. We reached a speeding camera, and after passing it, the salesman looked at me and said now you can open it up a little, we have a good stretch without any speeding cameras, and he suggested if I want to try the CORSA setting, but warned me to hold on to the steering wheel, because the car will feel like another car (Like F1 car he said).

Ok, I have owned a great deal of sport cars before, I even drove F3 cars, in my 36 years, I have never felt a gear shift as fast as this!! Literally, that blew my mind, and made me realize the effort and work they put in this car to make it do this. It is not about the 700 PHB only, but the shifting was brutal.. I saw a clip on YouTube for a German car show called GRIP, where the host gets a neck pain when he sat next to the guy shifting, now I know why.. because the shifting was nothing like a sport car I have ever driven before, it is more like a car made for track, not the streets, I kid you not.. With every shifting I did, my whole body (and I am a big guy) lifts off the seat for let’s say an inch or so and I feel my head touching the roof, yes it was that violent. I started cussing out left and right, and the salesman kept a smile on his face. What killed me is how the Avy switched from a car that I was thinking it is too soft and comfortable, to this mean untamed beast in a push of a button..

After returning to the dealership, I asked if I can make a quick video, and my friend xdefxx to take some nice shots, please if you like the pictures to visit his flickr account.

In the end, and over all, the car was beyond my expectations, the performance of the car is beyond its looks, and this is what I did not expect, because the shape and the looks of the Avy to me by far is the best looking shape, it’s stunning. They say the inner beauty is what is important. Today I say I found the one with inner beauty that matches the outer one.. It’s beautiful inside and out.

Last edited by donahdi; 09-30-2011 at 02:46 AM. Reason: YouTube video link update
Old 09-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Fnulli997tt is on a distinguished road
Pure ****! Thanks for your review ;-)

Old 09-29-2011, 09:46 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Kudos!

Stunning/shocking/amazing/epic car.

Great review. + Rep.

Old 09-29-2011, 09:55 AM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
Just hearing this thing turn on is music to my ears. Great review and thank you for taking the time to share with us, car is just amazing..... Definitely worthy of Rep points my friend!

Old 09-29-2011, 04:02 PM
category5 is just really nicecategory5 is just really nicecategory5 is just really nicecategory5 is just really nice
nice write up and thank you for sharing....beautiful photos too.

Old 09-29-2011, 04:29 PM
monsoonmadness is on a distinguished road
that thing is sick!!

Old 09-29-2011, 06:59 PM
gt3_booster is on a distinguished road
The youtube link says that the video was "removed by user" any chance you could check it? Thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just pulled the trigger, but the wait is long (Aventador LP 700-4)