Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Underground Racing Takes the 60-130 Record Back

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 07:26 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCvet00
What's most impressive to me about this run is that it was done with a passenger and on a slight incline.
The passenger added about 160-170 lbs (I'm guessing at KC's weight)...so that puts the car at around the same weight as HoustonT's or AtomicZ's non-SL cars with only the driver.

Old 08-17-2011, 07:41 AM
Former Vendor
Worm Boy will become famous soon enoughWorm Boy will become famous soon enough
Very impressive guys. I know Bob is grinning ear to ear!! =P

Old 08-17-2011, 07:55 AM
Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !Mullet Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Wasn't sayin' it never happens. You and a few others that I can think of off the top of my head have had their best times on either the Mile or a dragstrip. But out of the hundreds of files I've verified covering all 3 venues, the large majority are fastest when doing a dedicated 60-130 run. If you haven't tried it, you should once it cools down. You might be surprised.
I've tried both ways. My car likes the Mile and it's pavement

Old 08-17-2011, 07:59 AM
SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !SCvet00 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
The passenger added about 160-170 lbs (I'm guessing at KC's weight)...so that puts the car at around the same weight as HoustonT's or AtomicZ's non-SL cars with only the driver.
Right. This car had a passenger in it which diminished the weight advantage the SL has over the standard Gallardo. I think if this car ran without a passenger and ran on a flat road or a slight decline, it may have a 2.9 in it, which is insanity (not that 3.0 isn't)

I am looking forward to seeing what you can do with your car, Scott. I know you will do better than what Tym did since he weighs as much as a house (and hopefully you don't, lol)

Old 08-17-2011, 08:06 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Scott, you've never had a car as fast as your GTR. I think the biggest adjustment for you will be finding that elusive combo of tetering on the brink of traction yet having the coolest air possible to hook it. At this power level, i think the best results will be achieved at a racetrack with drag radials (as opposed to R888's on the street). Then again, I'm sure if ANYONE will find out, it will be you. We are all looking fwd to 2 things:

1. Your car lining up with Jamie's SL.
2. What 60-130 times you will get once you get some seat time in your car.

Peter

Old 08-17-2011, 08:09 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SCvet00
Right. This car had a passenger in it which diminished the weight advantage the SL has over the standard Gallardo. I think if this car ran without a passenger and ran on a flat road or a slight decline, it may have a 2.9 in it, which is insanity (not that 3.0 isn't)
Yep. Agreed.

I am looking forward to seeing what you can do with your car, Scott. I know you will do better than what Tym did since he weighs as much as a house (and hopefully you don't, lol)
Tym has 55 lbs on me, but my runs will be with the stock seats installed, so that negates any body-weight advantage I have. But I'll do my best.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:20 AM
Originally Posted by houstonT
Scott, you've never had a car as fast as your GTR. I think the biggest adjustment for you will be finding that elusive combo of tetering on the brink of traction yet having the coolest air possible to hook it. At this power level, i think the best results will be achieved at a racetrack with drag radials (as opposed to R888's on the street). Then again, I'm sure if ANYONE will find out, it will be you. We are all looking fwd to 2 things:

1. Your car lining up with Jamie's SL.
2. What 60-130 times you will get once you get some seat time in your car.

Peter
I actually think the taller R888s will be better for 60-130s than the MTs are. But I'll soon find out...

Old 08-17-2011, 09:31 AM
kouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant futurekouzman has a brilliant future
Why people ask for a video? It will be veerry short! LOL

Old 08-17-2011, 10:16 AM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
what MPH will this car red line 2nd gear at?

it seems like this car has different ratios than the 177mph nera?

Old 08-17-2011, 11:01 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
The gear ratio b/w a manual tranny G and an egear is not the same. The egear has shorter gears.
Peter

Old 08-17-2011, 11:24 AM
DarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to allDarrinB is a name known to all
The gear ratio b/w a manual tranny G and an egear is not the same. The egear has shorter gears.
Peter

I see, so that leaves starting in 2nd gear out of the question in a E-gear car.

Old 08-17-2011, 11:56 AM
Bpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really niceBpuad is just really nice
Unreal, simply unreal. I can't even imagine how that must feel. Awsome work UGR and hope to see a line up against a Switzer r1k or Alpha 12.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:45 AM
rolemodel is on a distinguished road

That run doesnt' loook too clean. 2.4 G of acceleration?? Must of driven by a freeway overpass. It happens on a few of my runs and i can't really trust the data. Even if you power shift the car there should be a slight dip in G forces on the gear shifts not a increase.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:00 AM
The run is one of the cleanest I've ever seen with ZERO dropouts. It was actually uphill, read the graph and you will notice it was at a slight incline. The one single spike in G's is the shift from 3rd to 4th gear and the spike is the hit when it engages 4th gear. UGR has an aggressive software related to the e-gear cars and it feels like a sledgehammer is hitting the back of the car on every WOT shift. I'm sure you've never felt a shift at 1500 whp....fwiw that's the impact it has on the car and the longitudinal G's at that level.

Peter
p.s. not only did I verify the run but Scott (divexxtreme) did too...he has verified 1000's of these and I have verified hundreds...it's a legit run

Originally Posted by rolemodel
That run doesnt' loook too clean. 2.4 G of acceleration?? Must of driven by a freeway overpass. It happens on a few of my runs and i can't really trust the data. Even if you power shift the car there should be a slight dip in G forces on the gear shifts not a increase.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Jim Campbell is on a distinguished road
Peter

What's the reason for the 0.6sec difference between this car and your one? There are both stage 3 cars with 15XXwhp no? Is it purely 6sp v Egear?

Ta

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Underground Racing Takes the 60-130 Record Back