Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Torn between 3 cars!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 07:13 PM
PaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to beholdPaulChristian is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Yazz911TT
Guys i've researched and researched to death!! I really need to confirm the nitty gritty details of cars in order to help make my decision. Currently I own a 630whp 996tt, I have owned it for 3yrs now and its been amazing!! Never missed a beat, drive it hard, take it to track and 1/4 mile or just cruise it gentley to the shopping mall. It does it all and never breaks down, just requires the usual maintenance that Im OCD about anyways, oil and filter changes, spark plugs, brake fluid.

Now I'm torn between a Gallardo and with Gallardo I need to understand the benefits of LP560 vs PRE-LP560

F430 or R8 V10.

The R8 V10 is the most comfy of the 3, and also the most modern. You get all your comfort creatures and a good looking, fast'ish package. I would look supercharge this

The F430, im a bit unsure of reliability, but as tuners, I'd look to upgrade the clutch to sort that issue out.

The Gallardo, I've heard the early ones like 03-04 had transmission and engine problems. 05 onwards got better and power increased 10hp each year. But what about the AWD system, is the LP560 much better than the PRE-LP560's? Did Pre-LP560 have LSD in rear? Sorry for all the questions guys. Any input would be really valued. Especially from those that have owned 2 or 3 of the above! I do about 5K-8K miles per annum. car is mostly a weekend toy, but will be tuned in one way or another, i dont think I could go ***** deep with a twin turbo kit but at least supercharged, whether thats Gallardo or R8, not sure if there is a 'charger option for the F430. Car will be driven fairly hard most of the time.

Thanks guys!!
Some Porsche guys that make the transition quickly find themselves getting back into a p-cars. I'd say get the 560 if money is not a concern (I am not aware of any specific issues associated with these cars other clutch replacement every 20k miles or so). However, as I am sure you realize and generally speaking, with the Ferrari or Lambo, you will experience higher and more frequent maintenance costs compared to what you are probably experiencing with your 996. As long as you are aware and willing to put up with this greater commitment you must make for maintenance costs associated with these exotics, have at it. That being said, I like to sleep soundly at night, so I'd go with the R8.

Old 05-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Yazz911TT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by paulfromtulsa
i own both a r8 and gallardo. you the hit the nail on the head when you talked about maintenance. the r8 upkeep will be over half as less than the gallardo. also depending on where you live you might not have a lambo dealership to take your car. so service is not as easy as driving a few miles to your audi dealer. my r8 has audi care so you are care free for 5 years or 50k miles including oil changes. after your audi care has expired a oil change will cost you $179, for a gallardo at the dealer about $800. the best advice i can give you is that the r8 is a great daily driver the gallardo not as much. the gallardo gets way too much attention, not as comfortable, harder to drive, and you dont want to worry about it when its parked for a long period of time. if the gallardo is your weekend or pleasure car i would go for that, but i definitely would not have a gallardo for your only car. hope this helps
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO!! Glad to hear it from an experienced owner!! The car would be my weekend toy. If you are all saying the Gallardo is more reliable than the F430, then I think my choice is made!!

Old 05-12-2012, 08:38 PM
Yazz911TT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by djantlive
all three are great cars.

Gallardo - lp is better. Get it if you can afford it. They are going for $180k for 2009. 2004 and 2005 have weaker gearing which makes it lurchier if you get egear. If the clutch has been replaced, they are fine.

F430 - lacks power but corners nicely. Looks a little plain imo. Reliability is not as good as gallardo, generally speaking. Earlier year like 2005 have manifold cracks which needs to be fixed. F car with low miles should be carefully looked at. Repair can be very costly and cars don't age well without being used.

R8 - worst interior of all 3 cars. Most understated exterior looks also. Get it if that's what you like. Imo, it's the most practical of the 3 with lots of audi dealers for servicing and an adaptive suspension. But, i just don't find it hardcore enough. Afterall, it's supposed to be a super car, not a normal car.
really appreciate this info bro!!

Old 05-13-2012, 09:42 PM
blipit is just really niceblipit is just really niceblipit is just really niceblipit is just really nice
Lp560

Old 05-15-2012, 09:11 AM
greysleeper is on a distinguished road
On the G: gearbox, AWD drivetrain, and LSD are unchanged from 04 to the current cars.

Only difference in 04-05MY cars was the taller gears, especially in 1st and 2nd (My 04 does 70+mph in 1st!) so a bit slower off the line but then everything averages out.

Other technical changes in 06-08 cars were slightly faster steering (2.8 vs 3.2 lock to lock), 20more HP due to revised exhaust and cylinder heads, and they changed from Koni to Bilstein shocks.

I've never heard of any gearbox or engine reliability issues on the 5.0L V10 outside of endurance racing.