Lamborghini Discussion on the Lamborghini Countach, Diablo, Murciélago, Gallardo, Reventón, Aventador, and new Huracán.

Did you know Renown parts have a replacement warranty????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Smoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud ofSmoky has much to be proud of
Did you know Renown parts have a replacement warranty????

I'm not good at brief but I'll do my best...
This past weekend my wife and I attended the Lambo Festival in Houston.

We had an excellent time, I got to ride with Sig. Balboni (after which I needed about 20 minutes to recover before I could stand again...totally awesome), and I had intended to get some track time at MSR Houston as well.

Mind you, I just took delivery of my car a couple weeks prior, delivered to me by Dallas Performance during the Texas Bull Run in Austin. DMC has provided a beautiful wing and engine cover and Ray at Renown has provided one of his stunning LP570 front bumpers. Everything was going perfect.

Then it happened. We were on the way to the track when we noticed some crap up ahead on our toll-road. Everything was in the lane next to me. Our lane was clear. But there was a car in the lane next to me. My wife mentioned to look out, and at that point I was already moving over to the right, uncomfortably close to this tall construction barrier (the entire length of this toll road seemed to have construction going on along the side of it). But I had moved well clear of the debris.

All the guy next to me had to do was do the same thing to his left. But he didn't. He just plowed right into it.

"It" was the largest Styrofoam box I've ever seen. It was the size of the toolbox you see installed in the back of pickup trucks. Why such a thing exists I don't know. Shipping container I suppose.

Anyway, I had nowhere to go. So the bumper took the hit from the box parts punted from the other car. We were doing about 55-60mph (slowed from 70mph as we came upon the debris).

I expected to hear flapping or the grill come out or something. But we rolled along, everything seemed fine. I knew I had damage, but we were good. Turns out that so far, the bumper and grill took all of it...nothing on the hood, lights, wheels, fender, doors, sideskirts. We will see for sure when it comes off but I think the oil cooler and everything is ok as well. It all brushed aside after hitting the bumper. The Renown bumper took one for the team!!

So the incident could have been much worse. That box could have been filled with whatever. Or I coulda been stupid and tried to swerve and risk hitting the wall or end up in a skid. I remember not braking as much as I wanted to because we had a white 18wheeler right behind us. We did the right thing it's just a shame the other guy decided he hated his car enough to hit thing head-on. We could have both easily avoided it if he'd just moved 3 feet to the left.

So we get to MSR Houston and I'm more than a little stressed. I ping Taylor at Dallas Performance who is planning to pick the car up from me anyway for some additional work I'd requested. He gets right back to me and assures me that they'll get it sorted out. Then I message Ray at Renown. And I let him know that this two week old bumper is crunched.
This is when I (re)discover that Ray offers a parts replacement warranty.
Ray no doubt explained this to me when I was buying the bumper but I was too busy being a kid in a candy store to pay attention.

For the LIFETIME of the part under the current owner, Ray will replace a damaged part with a new part for 50% off current MSRP of the exact same part (no upgrades) with exchange of the original damaged part.
!!!!!!!!

Well, THAT was the best bit of news I could have possibly received at that moment. I did the math real quick and that warranty policy far exceeds the service my insurance provides, in this case.

So all we do now is take off the old part and return it to Ray, and he already has a bumper en route to my baby now to get her good as new, asap.

What could have been a disaster, or at minimum a costly sting, ended up being not that big of a deal.

Big thanks to Ray for covering me, and for being a stand-up guy. RENOWN RULES!!

Attached Images     
Old 04-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Brody will become famous soon enough
My observations.
- Never though I would see a Lambo color that I didn't like, till I saw that brown one. It's hideous.
- That's a nice policy that Renown has. It's speaks well of them but is also indicative of the HUGE markup on the bumpers that they can give one away at 50% off and are still making money. Which they are.

But it certainly beats buying another at full price.

Old 04-09-2013, 01:12 PM
yellowbull is infamous around these partsyellowbull is infamous around these parts
I hope u know that u can get an OEM bumper for $2300.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yellowbull
I hope u know that u can get an OEM bumper for $2300.
an OEM LP570 bumper wont fit his pre LP car

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.